Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How confident are you that Brissett makes the roster this year

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he won't. You actually think the Colts are going to start a guy they've had for a week vs. the guy who's been playing for them all preseason?
If that guy is Scott Tolzien? Yes.

"Jacoby, I just need you to throw the ball as hard and as far as you possibly can on every pass."

"I can do that, coach"

A trade is a trade, all the speculations on this thread are past now.

About what they got in return, dorsett is also a project but more close to become a reality, in a position of need, and cost controlled for 3 years (Drafted in the 1st round), thats something between a 3rd and a 4th round draft pick in terms of value which is what they spent on Brisset. They took an extended look at him in 2 camps and 2 games and concluded it was better to move on and still got a player in return. It's a pretty good deal in my opinion.

Steve Belichick posting under Biffins??:DBeen on the money twice now with his predictions Hmmmm.:D

You're actually doing it again. You started with the premise that you could be beset with not make the team and used it to prove that Jacoby Brissett would not make the team. That's called arguing from the premise and it's a logical fallacy.

If the trade was not made is Jacoby Brissett on this side or that side of the bubble that's the real question. I think the trade prove there was enough value that if the market hadn't developed on a timely basis he would have been kept.

Edit. Dang auto complete. Wrong Jacoby

Let me tell you, if the trade was not made, Justin Coleman would not have made the roster. To me Brissett is no different. Any player traded on the last day before final cuts, is just to see if we can get something for him before we cut him. Anyway, we can move on from this "what if" argument. There's no point or value in it.

Lets just agree it was a surprise he's not on the roster.

My point in the thread was we don't need 3 QB this year. A roster spot is too valuable. That has proven to be true.
What has been proven is that a #5 WR/PR is more valuable to the team than a #3 QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back