PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Biscuit gets Start Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills and Dolphins would only get blown out worse if you replaced Taylor/Cutler with Brissett.

Well if you get your wish we will absolutely find out.

I didn't get to watch the game last night.

Did Jacoby show any improvement on his touch?

Jacoby looked good. I don't get the people who are looking to dump him when Jimmy is in his final year of his contract.

IMO: Brissett has significant upside and certainly looks like he's improving. He might even be further along than Tom was at this stage of his career. He's tough as nails and an athletic specimen. What's not to like?

Business-wise, he's on his rookie contract and projects to be a decent backup to Tom in 2018 & 2019, whereas Jimmy G will likely be on another team next year.

IMO: He's a roster lock.

IMO: Brissett has significant upside and certainly looks like he's improving. He might even be further along than Tom was at this stage of his career. He's tough as nails and an athletic specimen. What's not to like?

Business-wise, he's on his rookie contract and projects to be a decent backup to Tom in 2018 & 2019, whereas Jimmy G will likely be on another team next year.

IMO: He's a roster lock.
Brady was lights out in his 2nd year in preseason. That's why he beat out Daman Huard who was a capable back up and I think he even was a starter for Miami for a few games.

Care to debate it?
40 year old starting quarter back and a backup on the final year of his contract.

Then you have the third string qb who beat a playoff team in his only healthy start of the year, then played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand when they needed him to step up.

He is young, and seems to be improving.

So thinking he will be cut is DUMB.

Lets debate.

40 year old starting quarter back and a backup on the final year of his contract.

Then you have the third string qb who beat a playoff team in his only healthy start of the year, then played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand when they needed him to step up.

He is young, and seems to be improving.

So thinking he will be cut is DUMB.

Lets debate.
Sure. The team carrying 4 WRs when two of them have nagging injury histories and two TEs when one has a nagging injury history and the other stated he was having trouble learning the offense is probably not the best idea. If you can add one to either position at the expense of a third string QB that will never see the field, that would be a swell idea. And LOL that Brissett beat the Texans. They won that game in spite of him.

We had LOTS of people claiming that he never throws with any touch as all, just rifles fastballs to people even 5 yards away that are off target and too hot to handle. Further, they insisted he'd never throw for a high percentage, even vs. Bad competition. Crap mechanics, they said

Then he goes out and completes over 75% of his passes, with touch, with poise, with improved mechanics, and throws for well over 300 yards.

Do any of the people ragging on him give him credit afterwards? Not really, they say it was meaningless.

Meanwhile, legit writers talk about his great night.

I just want the people who overreacted to admit that, for one night anyway, they were WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes