PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Patriot fans have less loyalty to Tom Brady than Browns fans did to Bernie Kosar

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Im a Patriots fan...not my fault you have zero boston sports knowledge.

the Black and Gold = BRUINS aka their nickname
77 = Ray Bourque

Its not rocket science, but then again expecting you to show any sign of logic or intelligence is like expecting a dog to do calculus
It's not your name it's your posts.

I do not believe JG is the heir to Brady at the moment and I think the team shows him the door this winter. But with that said, there's no point denying the certainty that Brady's performance will hit the wall in the next few years should he prolong his career. It happens to everyone. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The chances he is playing at a high level till 45 are very small.

Gimme a f*cking break.

Congratulations. Truly a new low from the Garoppolites.
Fair is fair. Every other time an athlete is touting a new therapy that extends their playing lifespan, those 3 letters are invoked.

To this point there's only a few athletes in all of pro sports that I would say with no doubt in my mind that HGH is not something they'd get into if it kept them at the peak of their game. Brady is one of them. But I've been wrong about this sort of thing before (thinking of Manny here as well as Lance Armstrong) so no matter who the pro athlete is you just can't shake that tiny sliver of doubt.

I do not believe JG is the heir to Brady at the moment and I think the team shows him the door this winter. But with that said, there's no point denying the certainty that Brady's performance will hit the wall in the next few years should he prolong his career. It happens to everyone. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The chances he is playing at a high level till 45 are very small.
Pretty much. The argument in this thread is between people facing reality and people searching desperately for every possible excuse to remain in denial. It's rarely that clear cut, but this time it is.

I can't even blame the people who are in denial. It's like a little kid who is sitting there screaming that the ride isn't over despite the fact that the machine has stopped and everyone else is getting out. We're having so much fun we don't want it to end. But the ride is going to end soon whether we like it or not, and I really hope nobody in the franchise is in this kind of denial about it.

That said I have every confidence that Belichick in particular is facing the end with confidence in the plans he's been drawing up for years about how to manage the end of this particular ride and the transition to the next QB. Because Belichick is too pragmatic to be sentimental, and hanging onto Brady until HE's ready to go would be an ultimate expression of sentiment over sense.

Pretty much. The argument in this thread is between people facing reality and people searching desperately for every possible excuse to remain in denial. It's rarely that clear cut, but this time it is.

I can't even blame the people who are in denial. It's like a little kid who is sitting there screaming that the ride isn't over despite the fact that the machine has stopped and everyone else is getting out. We're having so much fun we don't want it to end. But the ride is going to end soon whether we like it or not, and I really hope nobody in the franchise is in this kind of denial about it.

That said I have every confidence that Belichick in particular is facing the end with confidence in the plans he's been drawing up for years about how to manage the end of this particular ride and the transition to the next QB. Because Belichick is too pragmatic to be sentimental, and hanging onto Brady until HE's ready to go would be an ultimate expression of sentiment over sense.

Agreed. But for me right now the GOAT is the surest thing among all 3 guys, he is THE guy this year for sure and I know what to expect from him. I don't know what to expect from JG or JB and it's possible I never will.

Tom himself has said he will play until he sucks. For that reason, plus the fact you are correct about Belichick - I don't expect us to have to witness a sad season from him where we will all cringe to watch. It's possible that if he does win #6 this February then that may be it. His legacy is set and no other QB is winning 6 in our lifetime.

I do not believe we'll see Brady with another team either. There is no market for him out there other than the Jets and maybe Denver and that's kinda farfetched IMO.

Fair is fair. Every other time an athlete is touting a new therapy that extends their playing lifespan, those 3 letters are invoked.

To this point there's only a few athletes in all of pro sports that I would say with no doubt in my mind that HGH is not something they'd get into if it kept them at the peak of their game. Brady is one of them. But I've been wrong about this sort of thing before (thinking of Manny here as well as Lance Armstrong) so no matter who the pro athlete is you just can't shake that tiny sliver of doubt.

The disappointment if there was any truth to that would be devastating. That would permanently * his legacy which would be really sad.

But I doubt it.

Goodell tried to destroy Brady using frickin' air pressure. If Brady were even within a galactic par sec of suspicion of HGH use,it would be world wide news by now. Wake up.

Your arguments are just humorously full of insane BS.

"To this point there's only a few athletes in all of pro sports that I would say with no doubt in my mind that HGH is not something they'd get into if it kept them at the peak of their game. Brady is one of them. But I've been wrong about this sort of thing before (thinking of Manny here as well as Lance Armstrong) so no matter who the pro athlete is you just can't shake that tiny sliver of doubt."

So are you admitting Brady is playing at a high level but now attribute it to possible HGH use?

"I can't even blame the people who are in denial. It's like a little kid who is sitting there screaming that the ride isn't over despite the fact that the machine has stopped and everyone else is getting out. We're having so much fun we don't want it to end. But the ride is going to end soon whether we like it or not, and I really hope nobody in the franchise is in this kind of denial about it."

Denial of what? That Brady is still playing at a high level? WTF are you talking about? What is your argument?

The argument is or should be would you rather or not cut bait with Brady while still playing at a high level before losing JG to FA. That's the argument. It has nothing to do with HGH, it has nothing to do with a roller coaster analogy and it has nothing to do with denial because Brady is still playing at an elite level. Who denies that? You?

If Brady has another great year does he start the 2018 season? Of course he does. Why wouldn't he?

If Brady has a great 2018 season does he start the 2019 season? Woooooo what will you do then? Maybe you could make up a ferris wheel analogy or two. :eek:

"Father time is no stranger to the ferris wheel in the sky. It's like a fat dude named Cliff in a shaky cart ......you never know when that rusty bolt is going to snap" :D

Goodell tried to destroy Brady using frickin' air pressure. If Brady were even within a galactic par sec of suspicion of HGH use,it would be world wide news by now. Wake up.

When your argument sucks ass try adding some contrarian BS reasoning to make it more true. That seems to be the strategy.

The chances he {Brady} is playing at a high level till 45 are very small.

Yet it is far higher than the chance that JG will EVER play at a level anywhere near where Brady is at, RIGHT NOW.

Will Matt Flynn, Brock Osweiler, or Jimmy G. be playing well in 5 years? I don't know, and you don't either. My opinion is that it is fairly equally unlikely for all three.

Yet it is far higher than the chance that JG will EVER play at a level anywhere near where Brady is at, RIGHT NOW.

Will Matt Flynn, Brock Osweiler, or Jimmy G. be playing well in 5 years? I don't know, and you don't either. My opinion is that it is fairly equally unlikely for all three.

But what if JG is taking HGH while riding a roller coaster? :eek::eek:

Because you simply cannot hide behind TB12's age 40 stats to magically pretend he isn't 40 or that we're Not much closer to the end than the beginning. Entropy doesn't work like that.

I do think it would be good, however, to actually wait until Brady *is* 40 (on 8/3/17) to start looking at his stats as a 40-year old. And it really is OK to pretend he isn't 40 - because he isn't! :)

I completely agree with all of that but I was only talking about Brady's ability to play at an elite level and how much longer we can realistically expect it. Just being realistic, I don't think an NFL QB can physically play at an elite level for many years after the age Brady is at now. Why? Because it has never been done. Favre did for 1 season with Vikings, and then..."cliff". Almost all the greats of the game have been out of the game at or before Brady's age.

Perhaps I'm wrong and Brady will still be lighting up the league at 45...if so we'll be witnessing something unprecedented in the history of professional sports and the legacy of the GOAT will be far bigger than his rings and what he's done on that field.

Awesome. Your criteria for defending Brady is based upon another members bizarre logic? Using an injury as grounds for not choosing an NFL player sets up a precedence for future acquisitions or opens the doors for questions regarding current players (Gronk). I've said all along that I'm fine with BB's decision. The problem appears to be that some members already know his thinking.

Nope, I can defend Brady perfectly well using his achievements and stats over the past 3 seasons, but when the response is ""but but t but he's going to be 37, but but but he's going to be 38, but but but he's going to be 39," as it always is then I won't waste my time and will instead just use Garrapolo's inability to last 2 games when he was only asked to get through 4. I have been listening to the Brady's age argument for years and have always said that when he actually shows signs of deterioration then it will be appropriate to start looking at who will succeed him, but instead of deteriorating he's getting better, and I don't think his age is affecting his play at all, and don't think he's close to done. He should be respected and supported because he's earned it, unfortunately a segment of Patriot fans can't wait for him to slow down and keep trying to claim he's going to drop ft a cliff and they should get rid of him and keep Garrapolo, to which I say ... go screw yourselves. I'm sick of their bullsh.t.

Because a segment of Patriot fans have a boner for Jimmy Garrapolo and want to see Brady pushed out the door. Brady should have earned the respect and support of all Patriot fans for everything he has done for this franchise and its fans, unfortunately some don't understand those concepts and keep running their pie holes about replacing him.

Poor George Blanda "fell" off the cliff at age 48 and retired from the nFL. He was 38/52 for 378 yards when called on as a backup QB at age 44. That was back in 1971, long before modern training regimens, diet and health advances
Yeah but he was using "using" Geritol.

Just being realistic, I don't think an NFL QB can physically play at an elite level for many years after the age Brady is at now.

Oh, I agree. But the debate is about not about the need to replace the GOAT in the abstract, it is about replacing the GOAT with JG.

Brady will eventually have to be replaced, but to say that JG is the suitable replacement and that it will be within the next two years (the extent of JG's likely time on the Pats roster) is insane.

Like you, I don't think Brady will play at an elite level for more than 3-4 years, but I have no confidence whatsoever that JG will ever play at an elite level, or even at a serviceable level, for that matter

You copiously spam the board with caricatures of what you wish others had said.

I consider the interests of the principals and ponder the nature of future risk/opportunity.

To this board's credit, both approaches appear to draw responses.

Now, answer the question, unless you are afraid to.

Do you believe that Brady will be our starter in 2022?

I'm still waiting for your completely empirical analysis of Brady's deterioration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes