PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 3-year transition Brady/Garoppollo theory - is there any merit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll respond as I did in an earlier post, Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers, and Andrew Luck have 2 Lombardi's between all 3 of them. Tom Brady has 2 Lombardi's since a large portion of Patriot Nation melted down in early 2014 and wanted him traded.

Yeah but if you add that "magic man"* Brett Favre... the one the hubbub was about in Green Bay because "My GOD you can never replace Brett Favrevruh," Um then they have 3 between them. :)

That's mainly in support of your original point, and also in support of what kind of statistical FREAK SHOW we're living in right now. Nobody does what we've done these last 15 years... nobody. Evah.

Add that it was in FA/salary cap era, and just damn. And we didn't even have to cap cheat like Carmen Policy in SF. God how do I remember that? Do I have that guy's name right? I've forgotten ex's names. I don't know where the trash chute was in the apartment before I bought this condo. But I remember Carmen Freaking Policy (unless I've got that wrong).

Anybody who climbed on the bandwagon for this run, great to have you, hope you stick around for the down times like us "old timers" saw.

Obviously nobody here looks forward to the end of this run (if indeed it isn't eternal... "If you want a picture of the future, Winston, picture a Patriots cleat stepping on a JEST facemask... for ever.")

But I wonder... when and if the rest of the league gets its wish and the Pats fall on hard times - may it be long after I'm dead - and JEST fans can actually insist that you spell their name right, and they call the Pats the PAST... In that hard-to-contemplate future... will there be another dynasty?

I am not sure that there will be, not as we understand it. The league has overcorrected to wipe out one dynasty like some real-life version of the league in Rollerball. This is an unusually resilient model in New England, and that added adversity has only made the monster stronger. I look for comparison at teams that talk about how they play "emotionally" and "fly around" and "have fun out there," and it's like a team of professionals playing a bunch of interns half the time. Every SB we've played in has been tough and close, none moreso than the last one. And jeez -- talk about finding a new way to top yourself every damn time.

I have friends convinced that it was fixed because it was such a damn good script in retrospect. The great part is, you take the headwinds and apply them to a future team from somewhere else? I don't know that anybody does anything like what NE has done - playing in almost half the super bowls in a 16-year stretch, winning about 1 in 3, going 3 out of 4 and (at least) 2 out of 3, with the same QB and head coach... winning the division every year except 2, and going 11-5 without the franchise QB in the year you didn't win the division (PS, who does that? missing the playoffs at 11-5? Come on man)...

But back to Atlanta... how many of us would lay even money that Atlanta repeats even as division winner, despite their obvious elite talent? Now how many of us could get a bet at 10 dollars to win 11, on New England repeating as division winner? We'll be around 3-1 to repeat in the Super Bowl most likely, if not better.

I think I will die before any team has anything like a claim to match this dynasty that -- thus far -- has been the product of the BB/TFB/Bob Kraft (sorry haters) era.

Too bad about the stolen draft picks... we'll never know what this dynasty's true potential was :)

Sorry man it's Sunday and I wanted to do a core dump of just how great we've got it. There's some limit looming out there on how often we can enjoy it like this. Sorry I got off topic.

*irony intended for those who remember Majkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes