PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns coaching staff “irate” with FO over Garoppolo trade

Well I'm saying had Cleveland traded for him, were they prepared to tag him after giving up a high 2nd and 3rd? Not so sure he's worth that.
He's not worth that.

I would think that CLE would have been permission to talk to Mccarran.

He's not worth that.

I would think that CLE would have been permission to talk to Mccarran.
I just don't like only getting 8 games and then having to pay him big money. But...now that they didn't get him, isn't McCaron a guaranteed stud now?

He's still just an RFA next season -- the 1st-round tender should be around $4 million, not too bad.
I don't believe he is, he was on a four year deal. He should be an UFA, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: My bad, you are right! Nice find, that does make him quite a bit more valuable.

Last edited:
Pats swap QB with 1 1/2 games NFL experience for cheaper QB that has started a number of games THIS season as the new backup.

Why again are the Patriots stupid, don't know what they're doing, idiots, blah, blither, blather, blabber ad nauseum?

BTW, all "KNOWERS" here, please outline YOUR resumes detailing specific NFL coaching/GM experience. I'll wait...

Breaking news: Going forward. the Browns org has decided to equip the front office folks with cellphones.

Replacing the venerable soup cans and string the tradition-bound franchise so favors.

Mike Lombardi also made the point on his Ringer podcast that with the 49ers you're dealing with 1 person who can make the deal happen. It's also a much better situation for JAG to be on a Kyle Shanahan coached team. We've also heard that the 49ers current office appears to be at least as good as what the Browns were offering before the draft. Finally, Kyle Shanahan is someone BB respects and can work with. These are all reasons why the Patriots made the decision to trade and got it done in less than a day when working with the 49ers.

Can you imagine a deal with the Browns, trading them Jimmy G. for whatever bunch of picks, falling apart because they forgot to phone it in to the NFL before 5pm? We'd be royally screwed. :rolleyes:

Pats swap QB with 1 1/2 games NFL experience for cheaper QB that has started a number of games THIS season as the new backup.

Why again are the Patriots stupid, don't know what they're doing, idiots, blah, blither, blather, blabber ad nauseum?

BTW, all "KNOWERS" here, please outline YOUR resumes detailing specific NFL coaching/GM experience. I'll wait...
We're fans. Fanatics. We feel entitled to second guess all aspects of the team. Haven't you ever questioned a play call?

I don't believe he is, he was on a four year deal. He should be an UFA, but I could be wrong.
Nah, he’s an RFA next year with an expected 4m dollar salary. I’m guessing that made him a nice consolation prize to the Browns, who blew it anyway.

We're fans. Fanatics. We feel entitled to second guess all aspects of the team. Haven't you ever questioned a play call?
I didn't say "fans"...I was more specific..I said "KNOWERS" as in the damnable fantasy spawned "knowers of things" that somehow have this cache' that gives THEM all knowing insight into the workings of the Pats. I think they're all FULL OF IT.

Nah, he’s an RFA next year with an expected 4m dollar salary. I’m guessing that made him a nice consolation prize to the Browns, who blew it anyway.
Ah, okay that’s nice. Why is he a RFA if he played four years though?

I do wonder if BB tried to contact the Browns the day the SF trade started. It seems to me it would be the smart thing to do. We did hear this trade process began early in the morning that day.
I do believe that, if the Pats had determined that they weren't going to do better than a #2 for JAG, that the Hoyer factor was always in play, plus the fact that Jimmy had done nothing to deserve being traded to Cleveland, if for no other reason than that Grigson is their Director of Player Personnel.

I really don't think BB would have done that to a guy who kept his mouth shut and "did his job" under frustrating circumstances for the last couple of years.

With the 2018 NFL Draft, the Browns have the number one pick. Top QB prospects for the Browns to choose: Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger.

With the first pick in 2018 NFL Draft, the Browns select Ryan Leaf, QB out of Washington State.

Why on earth would he have a distaste for Browns 2.0? That team has literally nothing to do with the team that screwed him over (what is now the Ravens) other than its name.

The Browns fans hate BB with a passion, mostly because he got rid of Bernie Kosar but also because he was the fall guy for the team leaving Cleveland.

I went to two games in Cleveland since Belichick arrived and both times they kicked our butts. They beat Bledsoe's team 19-11 in 2010 and crushed Brady's 34-14 in 2010.

Maybe Bill's upset about that. :)

The owners should force Cleveland to move, rename, and burn to the ground all ties with the old franchise. The Cleveland Browns are a disgrace. Better yet, force Haslam to sell the team.

They've already tried all of that. Nothing seems to work.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back