PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Book claims that Brady was furious with Kraft after Deflategate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Kraft sold Brady to Godell, thankfully it all worked out in the end. I recall everyone here livid about it and Brady should have been too.

Gillette would have been razed, and the grounds salted, if they'd traded Brady. We don't really need to go looking for conspiracies beyond that.

I have no idea what’s real and what isn’t, but I agree that there’s no point in looking past the most obvious factor.

Although I gave him a “funny” rating, my sarcasm really didn’t come through in my response.

I have no idea what’s real and what isn’t, but I agree that there’s no point in looking past the most obvious factor.

Although I gave him a “funny” rating, my sarcasm really didn’t come through in my response.

I wasn't really trying to disagree with anyone, and I probably shouldn't have used your post as a reply, so my apologies for dragging you into a response. I just think that the obvious is pretty much what BB had said in the offseason

"Did you just ask me if I would trade Tom Brady? ... Did you just ask if I'd trade the greatest quarterback of all time?"

To me, anything after that is either fiction, drama, or stupidity.

Last edited:
It all comes back to THIS cretinous sub-moron...

9bc1f15b7f2f0514200ef483913939c3--who-dat-new-orleans-saints.jpg

Well that’s interesting. One of the authors of the book was on the radio and claimed that (a) Kraft forced Jimmy G to be dealt, and (b) he did so as part of rebuilding his damaged relationship with Brady.

The author also claims to have spent time with the Krafts, so there might actually be something to that.

While I’m not saying it’s necessarily likely, I wouldn’t be shocked if BB walked away after this season. I still think there’s more going on behind the scenes than we all want to admit.

If you really want to follow the breadcrumbs and take the leap of faith that all of these stories are true (though they probably aren't), here is epic drama:

• Brady wanted McDaniels to stay, not just for his own offensive coach, but to replace Belichick in the near future, and Brady convinced Kraft to guarantee McDaniels the HC job. There is no way McDaniels spurns that Indy offer without some assurance he will be the top guy in NE eventually.
  • When Belichick leaves New England, he'll be on a flight to San Francisco within two hours to coach his next team, the SF 49ers and Jimmy Garopollo. He already is friends with John Lynch and gave him that sweetheart deal without even considering other offers.
  • If the 49ers (Garopollo-Belichick) and Patriots (Brady-McDaniels) met in the Super Bowl, it would likely be the greatest, most hyped game in the history of football, the world, the galaxy, and the potentially the post big-bang universe. It would rival Happy Gilmore and Shooter McGavin.
  • At the time this happens, the Jets will still be a crappy team fighting for mediocrity and preaching patience.

Last edited:
I just think that the obvious is pretty much what BB had said in the offseason. To me, anything after that is either fiction, drama, or stupidity.
I tend to take most of these headline grabbers with a big grain of salt, particularly when they are broken by no-names who are peddling their book, article, etc.

In this case, it’s supposedly a book that will eventually be a movie, although I don’t know if the two will necessarily be directly connected. At any rate, there is certainly reason for skepticism even if you somehow make it past the obvious, which is that Brady is the greatest in the game, and has probably had the best 2-3-4 year stretch of his entire career.

I wasn't really trying to disagree with anyone, and I probably shouldn't have used your post as a reply.
Thanks, but that one is on me. There’s a big difference between saying :

It certainly is an interesting theory

AND

It certainly is an interesting theory

—————————————————————————

Kind of like saying:

I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse

AND

I helped my uncle jack off a horse

There's definitely something to this, but the other owners wanted them to get screwed, and Rog being the man of integrity he is went along with the majority.

He also could have gone Jerruh on Rog and gotten no where.

The jarring thing about this book excerpt is that it makes it sound like Kraft just called for a press conference and didn't inform Brady ahead of time about his bowing down. Despite how little of a fan of Kraft in general I have become over the last 10 years I can't imagine him acting that stupid. So I am a bit weary about this book.

leery...you're leery. Kraft has made a billion dollars as owner. The other owners made him that promise when that skell Mara and old money Rooney co-opted the voting for the new commissioner in 2006 on the 2nd ballot and "suggested" Roger Goodell as a "compromise" to soothe the old guard and the new lions. It was a total power grab by Mara and Rooney who both despised Kraft and the Patriots success since 2000. Goodell was their willing puppet. THAT is why he, the pathological LIAR, lied from the very start and has been lying ever since. Article 46? Jeezus krist what the **** is the matter with you people? Article 46 says "I, Roger Goodell can and will do whatever I want and make up any rules or stories I want and YOU will all EAT IT! Article 46."
Now if this shytbird tried to pull article 46 on ME on the street I would smash his ****in' face in on the spot. He's a goddamned arrogant sub-moron that SHOULD be an offense to ANY fan of any sport in our great country. This POS is BEGGING to be indicted, tried and incarcerated for being the little rich kid criminal punk he's always been. Period.

What is interesting have not heard of anyone pimping this book anywhere, until this thread. Always wonder how folks from afar can write a 320 page book without personal interaction with the principals... who are the sources Borges, Felger or some other nitwit who plies their trade circulating rumor and innuendo??..

This book was released on Aug. 31 and already there are already used copies available on Amazon for a discount..

The Lombardi Book is due out on 11 September that will suffice for this season..

It’s like people think Brady is made of stone and just made to throw footballs and have zero emotion or reaction to anything like this or his boss screwing him out of a ring and giving no explanation or his boss taking his trainer off the field and from the team plane! Of course he was upset! Kraft, his second Dad, turned his back on him when he needed him the most. This is old news!

I also think that’s why now and since that deflategate debacle Kraft will bend over for Brady - see Jimmy G and Josh M.

Gillette would have been razed, and the grounds salted, if they'd traded Brady. We don't really need to go looking for conspiracies beyond that.

But my conspiracy theory is that that was on BB's mind. Would you put it past him?

OK. Here's the theory.

It's about the dog in the night time -- the one that didn't bark.

If you were going to trade Garoppolo, when would you do it? The answer is obvious. Before or at the time of the 2017 draft. A second-rounder for a franchise quarterback? That's ridiculous -- but that's what you have to settle for if you're holding a fire sale.

What should they have got if they traded Garoppolo at the time of the 17 draft? By that time, anyone who knows anything about football would have seen JG play. In particular, that first half against Miami before he got injured was ridiculous. Just comparing him with Tannehill made it obvious who the better player was -- the accuracy, the decision-making and the way he looked defenders off with his eyes.

If I'd have been the Pats, I'd have made the following demand. I'd have asked for a 17 first-rounder. Then I'd have asked for the 18 first-rounder conditional on JG being on the team at the beginning of the 18 league year. In that way you give the buyer an option. If JG really sucks, they cut him at the end of his rookie deal and they've given up a first-rounder in the hunt for a franchise quarterback. It happens. If he pans out, it's cost them two first-rounders. Well worth it.

Now we know that the Pats weren't interested in offers for JG at that time. What does that show? That BB is dumb? I don't think so.

So my conclusion is that he must have believed that the way was open for Garoppolo to take over. Which means that either Brady must have told him that he was going to retire, or he planned to ship Brady out.

What's the succession plan now? Danny Etling? I don't think so.

Yes, that would have been the most sensational thing BB had ever done. What coach would have the ... er, moral fortitude to do something like that? My answer: Bill Belichick. Go ask Drew Bledsoe. Go ask Bernie Kosar.

So, if I'm right, it's no wonder that the relationship between Belichick and Brady and Kraft hasn't been puppies and roses. And surprises in the future wouldn't be surprising.

But my conspiracy theory is that that was on BB's mind. Would you put it past him?

Given the reports about how the talks went between he and Lynch when Brady was brought up, I would highly doubt it. You don't trade the GOAT while he's still playing like the GOAT.

Well that’s interesting. One of the authors of the book was on the radio and claimed that (a) Kraft forced Jimmy G to be dealt, and (b) he did so as part of rebuilding his damaged relationship with Brady.

The author also claims to have spent time with the Krafts, so there might actually be something to that.

While I’m not saying it’s necessarily likely, I wouldn’t be shocked if BB walked away after this season. I still think there’s more going on behind the scenes than we all want to admit.

That's the kind of decision that bottom-feeding NFL franchises make. Or old, sentimental men that should be gracefully retired from positions of authority. The team's excellence won't survive if it becomes the norm, regardless who the coach and QB are.

Given the reports about how the talks went between he and Lynch when Brady was brought up, I would highly doubt it. You don't trade the GOAT while he's still playing like the GOAT.

True.

But then why didn't they trade JG earlier? And what is the succession plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft