PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Book claims that Brady was furious with Kraft after Deflategate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

LOL, how in God’s name did Goodell help maintain the valuation of the franchise?
Apparently by not screwing up enough to affect $$$s that networks and sponsors will pay. NFL income and appreciation in franchise value has far outpaced inflation and normal rates of asset appreciation.

I doubt that Goodell has any special skills that helped it along though. It is merely that the goose lays golden eggs, so its hard to hate the goose, even if it's a mean stupid SOB.

Apparently by not screwing up enough to affect $$$s that networks and sponsors will pay. NFL income and appreciation in franchise value has far outpaced inflation and normal rates of asset appreciation.

I doubt that Goodell has any special skills that helped it along though. It is merely that the goose lays golden eggs, so its hard to hate the goose, even if it's a mean stupid SOB.
Yeah, those gains experienced by the NFL were enjoyed in spite of Goodell. Not because of him. As a matter of fact, one can easily make the argument that Goodell’s time as commissioner has done more harm to the NFL’s bottom line, both present and future, than anything.

LOL, how in God’s name did Goodell help maintain the valuation of the franchise?
London. Mexico City. China.

What about the CBA and getting out of the way so Kraft could seemingly save the day? It all adds up like a Ted Wells investigation.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 1
Wasn't Kraft also later furious with himself for having done that and having been so stupid to think that bowing down to RG would help his QB?

I'm no super duper Robert Kraft defender, but in hindsight everyone, including him, knows it was a screw-up, and everyone other than him knew it was a screw-up RIGHT THEN.
And RK was so pissed at Goondell that he awarded him a nice fat contract extension.

So, it must all be the price of doing business assuming Roger knows the truth about something...like CTE.

Last edited:
Kraft forever tarnished his legacy to many die hard fans. Ever since the day he took the stage and folded like a .99 lawn chair, I’ve cursed at him or snarled every time I’ve see his face on TV. I wouldnt even listen to his SB acceptance speech and left the room. I’ll never forget every single media and league figure involved in the frame job, and I take great pleasure in their misfortunes. I hope Goodell is killed in some type of Saw torture scenario.

Not surprised he felt screwed. That being said if there really was a "backdoor deal" between Kraft and Goodell about being lenient on Brady (which never came into existance anyway) if Kraft bowed down I am surprised Kraft didn't tell him in advance.

The entire press conference where Kraft just bowed down was weird back then and keeps on being weird now with added information.

There's definitely something to this, but the other owners wanted them to get screwed, and Rog being the man of integrity he is went along with the majority.

He also could have gone Jerruh on Rog and gotten no where.

Kraft forever tarnished his legacy to many die hard fans. Ever since the day he took the stage and folded like a .99 lawn chair, I’ve cursed at him or snarled every time I’ve see his face on TV. I wouldnt even listen to his SB acceptance speech and left the room. I’ll never forget every single media and league figure involved in the frame job, and I take great pleasure in their misfortunes. I hope Goodell is killed in some type of Saw torture scenario.

I thought this post from the other week was brilliant, h/t @1960Pats

I left before Peter King. It was right around the time he defamed Tom Brady. Below is the complete list (in alphabetical order of course). Let me know if I missed anyone.

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Gregg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Max Kellerman
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon
Seth Wickersham
Nick Wright

I'm also happy Mike Reiss isn't on that list.

Isn't Kraft the one who trained Goodell and led the way for him in as Commish?

the-wire-goddamn-right-animated-gif.gif

What are your feelings on Calibri?
Hate it and change it immediately when it is the default. As a scientist, I am partial to Arial since it is a lot like old school Helvetica, which was once dominant in scientific writing.

So Brady punched in the number of the head of his union and demanded to know why a member of management wasn't supporting the lawsuit of the players union against management?

Hate it and change it immediately when it is the default. As a scientist, I am partial to Arial since it is a lot like old school Helvetica, which was once dominant in scientific writing.
Scasramus blows them all away. And it isn't even close.

Yeah, those gains experienced by the NFL were enjoyed in spite of Goodell. Not because of him. As a matter of fact, one can easily make the argument that Goodell’s time as commissioner has done more harm to the NFL’s bottom line, both present and future, than anything.
Apparently the owners don't agree with you on that. (Though I do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye