PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bennett doesn't think Brady is GOAT that he has played with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding Bennett (or perhaps not) I'm starting to wonder if Rodgers pays people to shill for him online. Why am I constantly seeing "Brady vs Rodgers" everywhere as if it's even a rational debate to have? It's flat out absurd. Where the hell does it come from?

What does this have to do with my post?

Just showing it can be fun to be a Jet fan even vs the Pats. And in particular vs Brady.

Plus it has the added benefit of reminding you guys of how good the LB you guys got really is. (Damn it.)

yeah...wow, thanks...what a stroke of luck! this might even lead to us winning a Super Bowl!...oh wait...WTF...Harris ain't got nuttin' to do wid it...almost had a Jete possession moment there...close one...there's no known exorcism

yeah...wow, thanks...what a stroke of luck! this might even lead to us winning a Super Bowl!...oh wait...WTF...Harris ain't got nuttin' to do wid it...almost had a Jete possession moment there...close one...there's no known exorcism

Actually, I probably shouldn't have replied to the baiting in this thread. My bad.

Moving forward, I want to try to make sure a thread doesn't turn into a "JetFan vs PatFan" argument everytime I post. (Sometimes it's unavoidable though.)

My first post here wasn't Jet related at all. I should have steered the two Jet related replies towards the Jets Suck thread. My bad board. I'm sure perfectly good threads wandering off like this can be annoying.

Moving forward, I want to try to make sure a thread doesn't turn into a "JetFan vs PatFan" argument everytime I post.
You can avoid that problem altogether by not posting.

Excluding Bennett (or perhaps not) I'm starting to wonder if Rodgers pays people to shill for him online. Why am I constantly seeing "Brady vs Rodgers" everywhere as if it's even a rational debate to have? It's flat out absurd. Where the hell does it come from?

Watch him play. The guy is flat out amazing at times. The way he can shimmy around the pocket extending plays like he has some 6th sense and then make a sick throw that maybe only he could pull off.

It's not insanity. I'm not saying who I'd choose. Would probably depend on other variables (scheme, coaches, weapons...). But I'm sure if you polled the masses, the results would be pretty evenly split.

Watch him play. The guy is flat out amazing at times. The way he can shimmy around the pocket extending plays like he has some 6th sense and then make a sick throw that maybe only he could pull off.

It's not insanity. I'm not saying who I'd choose. Would probably depend on other variables (scheme, coaches, weapons...). But I'm sure if you polled the masses, the results would be pretty evenly split.
We went through this same kind if argument through the Peyton Manning years. Just because a quarterback can make throws or runs no one else can doesn't make them the best quarterback. Making plays consistently over a long period if time in the most important games does. Manning consistently failed in those times and Rogers hasn't lived up to that standard enough either......not enough to surplant Brady anyway.

We went through this same kind if argument through the Peyton Manning years. Just because a quarterback can make throws or runs no one else can doesn't make them the best quarterback. Making plays consistently over a long period if time in the most important games does. Manning consistently failed in those times and Rogers hasn't lived up to that standard enough either......not enough to surplant Brady anyway.

Valid point. Especially here on a Pats board. But I'm sure a GB board would have some valid points of their own.

Public opinion does seem kinda split between the two...
POLL: America thinks Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady, but barely

I won't even touch on Manning. Gets too confusing then. It'll be a great conversation 20 years from now once the dust has settled.

** Assuming Brady has finally retired 20 years from now.

America thinks after a media and NFL campaign to discredit his accomplishments. They successfully but wrongfully labled him a product of cheating. Most probably don't even know that his success improved after the spygate and deflategate scandles. (rendering the scandles merritless). "America thinks", cool. The NFL players have voted him the 4th best player in the league twice, 2nd and 3rd best once and the best....not best quarterback but best player period twice. I'm not ignoring Rogers's incredible skill set, I'm just putting it in its place. Brady's will to succeed is only matched by his actual success. He is obsessed. No one compares.

I saw this story and immediately thought "I hope patsfans.com is mature enough to not make a thread out of this."

I'm disappointed.
How about surprised?;)

Valid point. Especially here on a Pats board. But I'm sure a GB board would have some valid points of their own.

Public opinion does seem kinda split between the two...
POLL: America thinks Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady, but barely

I won't even touch on Manning. Gets too confusing then. It'll be a great conversation 20 years from now once the dust has settled.

** Assuming Brady has finally retired 20 years from now.
I hate to break it to ya Chief, but "the dust settled" quite some time ago...

I hate to break it to ya Chief, but "the dust settled" quite some time ago...

Na, it takes time to accurately view/judge things like this. Once Brees, Manning, Brady, Hackenberg and Rodgers have retired... wait a decade, and then it'll be easier to look back and compare them to each other and the greats before them.

Much easier to weigh all the different variables like stats, rule changes, state of the game at the time, and so on.

Otherwise you always have current fans screaming, "oh this guy is the goat!" Look at the NBA. Kids think that Steph guy is the goat. Seems like a symptom of the human condition. Always have to be important somehow.

Last edited:
With Brady there is so much winning that you could get tired of winning.

With Rodgers, not so much.

Brady has 5 rings, Rodgers has 1 ring is all you need to know..

Marty wants to get along in his new home, which surprises me... interesting choice in that he has never played a game with Rodgers, based on OTA's???

Na, it takes time to accurately view/judge things like this. Once Brees, Manning, Brady, Hackenberg and Rodgers have retired... wait a decade, and then it'll be easier to look back and compare them to each other and the greats before them.

Much easier to weigh all the different variables like stats, rule changes, state of the game at the time, and so on.

Otherwise you always have current fans screaming, "oh this guy is the goat!" Look at the NBA. Kids think that Steph guy is the goat. Seems like a symptom of the human condition. Always have to be important somehow.
yeah like those that anointed Manning after every year because of his in season heroics or Rogers for his "only he can make that throw on the run game." We have 17 years of consistent greatness with Brady. He led his team to a conference championship game, what 10 times, to the SB 7 times and 5 world championships. He's won payoff games...25! Name all the HOF players on the team he's done that with. That's right, counting the next one the total will be 1.
He's found a way to play within whatever rules and rule changes existed over that long time period. Are people blind? It's those people who comprise your half of the country who put Brady behind Rogers. Your preaching needs to be heard by them. They need to wait on Rogers. Right now he's s great. He's not the GOAT. If he catches Brady over the next bunch of years he can surpass Brady. The GOAT ight now is Brady.

yeah like those that anointed Manning after every year because of his in season heroics or Rogers for his "only he can make that throw on the run game." We have 17 years of consistent greatness with Brady. He led his team to a conference championship game, what 10 times, to the SB 7 times and 5 world championships. He's won payoff games...25! Name all the HOF players on the team he's done that with. That's right, counting the next one the total will be 1.
He's found a way to play within whatever rules and rule changes existed over that long time period. Are people blind? It's those people who comprise your half of the country who put Brady behind Rogers. Your preaching needs to be heard by them. They need to wait on Rogers. Right now he's s great. He's not the GOAT. If he catches Brady over the next bunch of years he can surpass Brady. The GOAT ight now is Brady.

Almost completely agree. Except that no one playing now is the goat.

Can't anoint someone the goat without some time and perspective. Though discussing it obviously does get clicks and viewers, so I don't blame the powers that be for hyping all the BS. Gotta fill up the offseason and sell stuff somehow.

* One exception to this rule. Jordan. It was obvious he was the goat as he was playing. Not just the basketball goat, but flat out the goat of anything and everything forever and ever and ever.

Well that's your rule. Brady has done enough. I can't think of anything a prespective of a 10 year wait would do to change what he has achieved. Maybe someone can make a hisoric 5 or more year run but it's unlikely with free agency........One quarback had mastered that formula and we all know which one that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes