PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We’re on to Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ugly win last night - I expected NE to coast. Green Bay is going to be one of those games where everyone needs to be clicking. The offense cannot do whatever it did against Buffalo. The defense has to be equally impressive as does the STs. This is a game I think we can win.

Hopefully Michel and Cannon will come back. Really starting to worry about Gronk. He doesn’t look the same.

Interesting to learn that Ty Montgomery chose to come out of the end zone on the last kickoff against the Rams on Sunday, disobeying his coaches’ orders to take a knee for a touchback. He apparently was complaining about the playcalling and was irate with his coaches. Then to show them up, he runs the ball out of the endzone on the kickoff and then fumbled the ball and the game away. Montgomery should get cut for stupidity and/or dereliction.

https://deadspin.com/ty-montgomery-went-rogue-1830069649

“They took him out (the previous drive) for a play and he slammed his helmet and threw a fit,” one Packers player said. “Then (before the kickoff) they told him to take a knee, and he ran it out anyway. You know what that was? That was him saying, ‘I’m gonna do me.’ It’s a $$$$$$ joke.

“I mean, what the $$$$ are you doing? We’ve got Aaron Rodgers, the best I’ve ever seen, and you’re gonna take that risk? I mean, it’s ‘12'! All you gotta do is give him the ball, and you know what’s gonna happen.”

Last edited:
Two biggest needs in this game are for Mason and Michel to be back and effective. The Bills have a better defense than Green Bay does but the Bills essentially played the Pats in nickel and dime on all four downs and were able to effectively shut down the run. If Michel can't go, this may be a hard one for Brady. Clinton-Dix will be on Gronk and Gronk looks like the injuries are badly impacting him. The Pats badly need at least the threat of Michel back there. If he can't go, I hope they promote Farrow from the PS. Patterson runs with way too high of a pad level which means he's going to eventually absorb a highlight-reel quality hit which could lead to a fumble. The defense also knows that he's mostly going to run off tackle and they could easily just overload either side. White is a weapon in the passing game but he's never been a consistently good runner between the tackles.

Two biggest needs in this game are for Mason and Michel to be back and effective. The Bills have a better defense than Green Bay does but the Bills essentially played the Pats in nickel and dime on all four downs and were able to effectively shut down the run. If Michel can't go, this may be a hard one for Brady. Clinton-Dix will be on Gronk and Gronk looks like the injuries are badly impacting him. The Pats badly need at least the threat of Michel back there. If he can't go, I hope they promote Farrow from the PS. Patterson runs with way too high of a pad level which means he's going to eventually absorb a highlight-reel quality hit which could lead to a fumble. The defense also knows that he's mostly going to run off tackle and they could easily just overload either side. White is a weapon in the passing game but he's never been a consistently good runner between the tackles.
Couldn’t agree more about Michel and the running game. Even if Michel is on limited reps or Farrow is promoted, it would still present as a real running attack.

The Packers are 3-3-1, 3rd in the NFC North, 0-3 on the road, and have wins over the Bills, the Bears and the 49ers.

They've beaten the following three QBs: Nathan Peterman, Mitch Trubisky, and CJ Beathard.

CJ Beathard had a passer rating of 115 against the Packers (Rodgers had a 100 passer rating against the 49ers defense.)

I am not impressed.

The Packers are 3-3-1, 3rd in the NFC North, 0-3 on the road, and have wins over the Bills, the Bears and the 49ers.

I am not impressed.

They present some match up problems, especially on defense. Adams, Cobb, Graham Allison, and St Brown can all make plays.

I think McCarthy is starting to realize they have a real rb in jones. Do we play a similar game plan like vs pitt where we give them looks baiting the packers into running the ball?

As I stated in the posgame thread, Mike Pettine comes from the Rex Ryan tree and is one of the styles of D Brady struggles against. Have to avoid 3rd and longs as much as possible as he will bring the overload blitzes.

This will not be an easy game.

As I stated in the posgame thread, Mike Pettine comes from the Rex Ryan tree and is one of the styles of D Brady struggles against. Have to avoid 3rd and longs as much as possible as he will bring the overload blitzes.

This will not be an easy game.

Love when teams blitz Brady, he makes me pay.

They present some match up problems, especially on defense. Adams, Cobb, Graham Allison, and St Brown can all make plays.

Ever team has some playmakers. Their best receiver is Davante Adams who will draw Gilmore. Cobb is no big deal and Jimmy Graham is a journeyman at this point in his career. The Pats defense has faced better this season. Hightower and Rowe should be back for the Packers which will help.

Rodgers is the 5th most-sacked QB in the NFL with 22 - more than three per game. He's running around on a bad knee and his line is mediocre.

The Packers can't stop anybody, except the Bills who they shut out. The Packers gave up:

23 to the Bears
29 to the Vikings
31 to the Redskins
31 to the Lions
30 to the 49ers
27 to the Rams

The media is going to hype the Brady - Rodgers thing. Don't buy into it. The Packers, as a team, are a mediocrity.

Ever team has some playmakers. Their best receiver is Davante Adams who will draw Gilmore. Cobb is no big deal and Jimmy Graham is a journeyman at this point in his career. The Pats defense has faced better this season. Hightower and Rowe should be back for the Packers which will help.

Rodgers is the 5th most-sacked QB in the NFL with 22 - more than three per game. He's running around on a bad knee and his line is mediocre.

The Packers can't stop anybody, except the Bills who they shut out. The Packers gave up:

23 to the Bears
29 to the Vikings
31 to the Redskins
31 to the Lions
27 to the Rams

The media is going to hype the Brady - Rodgers thing. Don't buy into it. The Packers, as a team, are a mediocrity.
You forgot 30 to the 49ers.

You forgot 30 to the 49ers.

Thank you. I fixed that. The Packers made CJ Beathard look like the next Jimmy Garoppolo, or something like that.

If Sony Michel and Marcus Cannon are back next week, I see the Pats methodically putting the Packers away.

23 to the Bears
Pats gave up 31
31 to the Lions
Pats gave up 26

They also shut out the Bills

Giving up 30 to the JAG-less 49ers ain't good, I'll say that much. If Montgomery doesn't go rogue on McCarthy they might have beat the Rams. I am not sure at this point in the season that the Pats would have held the Rams offense to 9 points in the first half.

Thank you. I fixed that. The Packers made CJ Beathard look like the next Jimmy Garoppolo, or something like that.

If Sony Michel and Marcus Cannon are back next week, I see the Pats methodically putting the Packers away.
They played better against the Rams holding them down until the 2nd half. Who knows what Green Bay team we’ll see?

23 to the Bears
29 to the Vikings
31 to the Redskins
31 to the Lions
30 to the 49ers
27 to the Rams

If the Packers can almost beat the best team in the NFL on the road, they certainly have a chance against us.

As mediocre the Packers D may be on paper, I thought they did a great job against the Rams, consistently pressuring Goff.

Good thing we have a great pass rush.... and a front 7 that can contain a mobile QB....

We need much better production from the O than last night. Rogers has played well against us in the past and I expect we will get his very best. I really hope Sony is back , otherwise we need to get RB help today ! And I am very worried about Gronk, he just seems off this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots