PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We’re on to Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! A metric crap-tonne of very unPatriot-like disrespect for a worth opponent in this thread. Feels like I accidentally wandered into an Eagles fan forum.

I'm out.

Wow! A metric crap-tonne of very unPatriot-like disrespect for a worth opponent in this thread. Feels like I accidentally wandered into an Eagles fan forum.

I'm out.

So, you're scared of:

A) A Mike Pettine defense with a dumb dumb on it, that blitzed the living heck out of a kid who can't handle making a play call, let alone a blitz?

and

B) The Packers offense averaging 25 ppg?

C) Mike McCarthy?

That scared?

It's not disrespect to say the Packers are average. They're 3-3-1, with the 13th ranked offense and the 17th ranked defense. That's pretty average, I dunno.

I'm not saying the Packers can't win, they absolutely can if the Patriots come out and play like they did last night offensively.

But neither will I crap my pants because Aaron Rodgers is coming to town.

I think Vegas has it about right. -5.5.

If that makes me a honk Eagles fan, then I guess, so be it.

As mediocre the Packers D may be on paper, I thought they did a great job against the Rams, consistently pressuring Goff.

They have the 7th ranked defense in terms of yards, 4th against the pass, and 18th against the run.

If you look at their passing ranking based upon QB ratings, they are 22nd (the Pats are 4th!). If you look at % completed against, the Pack are 6th (the Pats are 5th!).

By points, the Pack are 17th giving up 24.7 points per game. The Pats are 12th giving up 23.1 points per game.

Honestly, I think these are two very evenly matched teams. The Pack could easily be 5-1-1. This will be a good test for the Patriots and should be as exciting (although not as high scoring) as the KC game.

If the Packers can almost beat the best team in the NFL on the road, they certainly have a chance against us.

Everybody has a chance to beat any team on their schedule. I'm just not going to make a big deal about the Packers who have yet to win a game on the road. The Patriots at home is a very tall order for any team, much less the 3rd place team in the NFC North.

I agree with a previous poster who mentioned the Patriots running game. There is no question that the Patriots need a balanced attack that features a true RB against the Packers, but I'm not impressed with this Packers team.

Not against Rex Ryan defenses. Those blitzes got to his head so much he started seeing ghosts.
No. This is a misconception. Brady does not do as well against defenses with good players. No one does.
The link is that some games and teams you are associating with a scheme are really associated with talent.
The patriots have trounced Ryan and his followers many times.

They have the 7th ranked defense in terms of yards, 4th against the pass, and 18th against the run.

If you look at their passing ranking based upon QB ratings, they are 22nd (the Pats are 4th!). If you look at % completed against, the Pack are 6th (the Pats are 5th!).

By points, the Pack are 17th giving up 24.7 points per game. The Pats are 12th giving up 23.1 points per game.

Honestly, I think these are two very evenly matched teams. The Pack could easily be 5-1-1. This will be a good test for the Patriots and should be as exciting (although not as high scoring) as the KC game.
The packers could also easily be 1-6.

Everybody has a chance to beat any team on their schedule. I'm just not going to make a big deal about the Packers who have yet to win a game on the road. The Patriots at home is a very tall order for any team, much less the 3rd place team in the NFC North.

I agree with a previous poster who mentioned the Patriots running game. There is no question that the Patriots need a balanced attack that features a true RB against the Packers, but I'm not impressed with this Packers team.

I mean, Packers fail on a 4th down around midfield with 3 minutes to go (let's say, Gilmore breaks up a heave to Adams on 4th and 10), Patriots pick up a couple of first downs and take knees to win 34-27, beating a decent team with a really good QB at home. That really doesn't seem like a far-fetched scenario to me.

Their expected W-L record is, believe it or not, 3.5-3.5.

I got a good laugh out of that one.
They were very lucky to beat the 49ers. Sf basically handed them that game. They could have easily lost to the bears as well. And of course any tie “could easily” be a loss.

I’m just saying the “they could be 5-1-1” comment isn’t a case if a team that has won convincingly in some games and lots fluky heartbreakers, as that comment might suggest.

They were very lucky to beat the 49ers. Sf basically handed them that game. They could have easily lost to the bears as well. And of course any tie “could easily” be a loss.

I’m just saying the “they could be 5-1-1” comment isn’t a case if a team that has won convincingly in some games and lots fluky heartbreakers, as that comment might suggest.
Totally agree. They got very lucky in the 49ers game, and Minnesota shanked a gimme kick to tie.

I will say this Green Bays Defense is underrated. They gave that Rams Team all they could handle on Sunday. Davante Adams is a Super WR Gilmore ain't holding him to one catch Sunday as well as he's playing.

The Packers' defense sucks. If you take out the Packers' shutout of the Bills quarterbacked by Nathan Peterman, they are giving up 28.5 ppg. What do you think the Patriots will put up on that defense at Gillette?

After no TD passes and a slew of unfinished drives against the Bills, I think that the Patriots will come out pissed on Sunday night.

The one thing is the Pack have started out really slowly - both on the road and at home. The Pats need to come out on fire and just hammer them and get up early.

All I know is this...we have to be up by at least 77 points late in the game when the Packers offense takes the field, IMO.

It is gonna be one of those games where whoever has the ball last probably wins....

I actually agree that running the ball successfully doesn't always mean the PA pass will work. I've noticed the PA pass hasn't been as effective as it was pre Manning rules.

That is a great analysis. If Sony Michel were playing last night, the PA ratio might have been higher. I'm sure the pass rush would have been toned if Michel were gashing them for yards on the ground. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST