PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We’re on to Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell do you know that?? For all we know Rosenhaus asked for just that first only to have the Pats laugh in his face.

Oh, I'm sure he did ask for a non-incentive based contract extension. The Pats clearly got the better of the deal, at least financially. NE, clearly concerned with his injury history, gave him a new contract based off of his ability to stay on the field. Gronk could have said no and either retired, become a free agent, or ask to be traded. I am speaking purely from Gronk's perspective.

Us wearing the color rush uni’s is good news.

We’ve kicked ass every time we’ve worn them.

He wanted more money, which he was certainly entitled to based on how he played last year. However, he agreed to a new contract that gave him more money based off of incentives only. His base salary remained the same. Rosenhaus, knowing his client’s injury history, should have advised Gronk not to take it and ask for one where base salary was higher. The pats may very well have balked at this, but my point is Rosenhaus didn’t help Gronk on this.
I think you’re using the term “new contract” much too loosely, that’s all. The reality is that he was still under the 8 year deal that made him the highest paid TE in the game. All the Patriots did was offer him the opportunity to earn a raise if he met certain criteria. If Gronk wanted to retire and quit football, he could’ve done so like any other NFL player. The team gave him more money even though they didn’t have to.

This is the last time we'll ever see Brady play GB at home. Let's get the W

crap... no Gronk, no Sony

Going to lock thread as the gdt is now up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back