PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bennett doesn't think Brady is GOAT that he has played with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jets-fan-fist-pump-against-bills.gif

Ohhhhh, this discussion.

Coming from a Packers fan, what many do not look at when it comes to determining the GOAT is longevity. Unless a QB was to put together something like a 5-year run winning the SB in almost all of those years, which has never happened (except for Bart Starr--different era), it is the fact that Brady and the Pats have managed to do it over such a long period of time. That to me is what gives him the nod. He's almost 40 years old.

GOAT is not just about talent or MVP brilliance. Contrary to what some of you think about him who grade him lower than Peyton Manning, I have a feeling that before his time is up, ARodgers may win the most MVPs of any QB in the history of the game, but if he and the Packers don't win SBs to go with them then it won't put him in the discussion of GOAT.

For now and the foreseeable future, it's Brady.

Oh, and since this thread is about Martellus Bennett. Glad the Packers got him!

Ohhhhh, this discussion.

Coming from a Packers fan, what many do not look at when it comes to determining the GOAT is longevity. Unless a QB was to put together something like a 5-year run winning the SB in almost all of those years, which has never happened (except for Bart Starr--different era), it is the fact that Brady and the Pats have managed to do it over such a long period of time. That to me is what gives him the nod. He's almost 40 years old.

GOAT is not just about talent or MVP brilliance. Contrary to what some of you think about him who grade him lower than Peyton Manning, I have a feeling that before his time is up, ARodgers may win the most MVPs of any QB in the history of the game, but if he and the Packers don't win SBs to go with them then it won't put him in the discussion of GOAT.

For now and the foreseeable future, it's Brady.

A couple of things on Rogers GOAT quest is concerning. Number one is his longevity potential. His style of play puts that in jeopardy. The other thing is closing the deal. Winning in season MVPs historically don't mean much when it comes to titles....as you seem to acknowledge. Every year the media and fans anoint people and teams long before the season ends let alone when the plaoffs end. They've set things as fact in their heads and are stubborn about reevaluating when they don't pan out.

Him being current is probably working against him. People will hate him less when he is gone.
Its cute that you seem to want to debate this. TB is the GOAT. He will never be surpassed in any of our lifetimes. Best of generations is irrelevant. All that matters is winning against your pers which TB has done more overwhelmingly than anyone has ever.

The only way Montana will get more votes is if he wins more superbowls. A future player will have to top TBs accomplishments, which is most likely not going to happen. I am sure there are people who think Rotherisburger , Eli Manning or JJ Watt are the best players ever.

It matters not. If Brady diddnt have resume and hardware that he has and NE fans were proclaiming him the GOAT everyone would use the lack of hardware and resume against them. Now that TB has that you have this frantic, and ridiculous garbage being posted how now there is new criteria for GOAT and some "in the moment" crap, and ERA nonsense (which is nonsense) and blah blah blah.

Its really pathetic that people just cant be genuine and secure and admit when someone has rewritten the book on what it means to be the greatest. And appreciate greatness like patriots fans did of Montanna all the years he was a football God.

And, something tells me that if Montana played for the Pats and TB for the 49ers you would be singing a different tune.

You have thrown out so many red herrings in this discussion its laughable. But seeing you are a Jets fan spending time posting on a Pats forum I guess the bar wasnt set very high to begin with.
Let's not forget, Brady lead the Patriots to winning scoring drives in the Patriots last posssession in all 5 SB victories.

That will go down as his legacy as much as anything else. When the Patriots needed to score, Brady came through every time.

The biggest stage is the ultimate test....as Matt Ryan discovered in the 4th quarter!

I think if any franchise other than NEP was going to appreciate his on field performance and off field personality, it might just be the Packers. you guys got yourself a great TE at a fair price.

No need to debate the top QBs. It's all based on rings.

Here's the list...

List of quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl starts - Wikipedia

Lol fool.
Funny how you gave a list of Super Bowl START and hope no one notices when all along I've been talking about Super Bowl CHAMPIONSHIPS.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said it was "all about the rings." But those are a huge part of what separates Brady and Montana (9 rings) from Favre and Marino (1 ring combined). If you look at the top of the list of Super Bowl CHAMPIONSHIPS (not starts) you see a list of the greatest QB's of all time.

Do you think Michael Jordan is Michael Jordan if he never won a ring? Even your precious Joe Namath gains a lot from the fact that he has a ring. Otherwise he'd be just another failed AFL QB with far more INT's than TD's.

Last edited:
In the NFL, the Super Bowl is everything. Each year fans, coaches and players wonder if this could be their year. Everything teams do is with one objective in mind...the Super Bowl.

A championship is a championship, but for some reason the NFL is different than any other team sport. It's partly to due with only 16 games but I think there are other reasons. But no other sport has the constant singular focus of the Super Bowl/NFL Championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back