PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bennett doesn't think Brady is GOAT that he has played with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems many here directly equate SBs to the goat. Fair enough.

I don't agree but to each their own.

That doesn't disqualify Brady, but it doesn't guarantee his spot either. And in no way does someone have to win more rings than someone else to be better.

I think most of the world equates rings to GOAT especially when the player in question was pretty much responsible for not only the sb wins but the teams being there in the first place.
of course all these years Montana was the GOAT and I think it has to do with those 4 rings

Now that TB has 5 its not surprising to hear the the "criteria" has changed for some status.

Yep, biased nonobjective people are always going to be biased and nonobjective.

And I am sure if TB played for the Jets you would not have this ambivalence...

shut up already. you are embarrassing yourself.

I think most of the world equates rings to GOAT especially when the player in question was pretty much responsible for not only the sb wins but the teams being there in the first place.
of course all these years Montana was the GOAT and I think it has to do with those 4 rings

Now that TB has 5 its not surprising to hear the the "criteria" has changed for some status.

Yep, biased nonobjective people are always going to be biased and nonobjective.

And I am sure if TB played for the Jets you would have this ambivalence...

shut up already. you are embarrassing yourself.

Chill with the "shut up" sonny.

Oh and Brady loses points for cheating too. ;)

jerry%2Brice%2Bstickum%2Bmeme.jpg

Greatest QB's lists:

John Clayton: 2017
Clayton's GOAT quarterback ranking

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning

Elliot Harrison: 2016
Tom Brady, Joe Montana head top 10 quarterbacks in NFL history

1a. Tom Brady
1b. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning

Rob McVey: 2017
25 Greatest Quarterbacks in NFL History

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Joe Montana

Steven Ruiz: 2016
The definitive ranking of the 20 greatest NFL quarterbacks of all time

upload_2017-7-5_21-37-7.png
upload_2017-7-5_21-37-28.png
upload_2017-7-5_21-37-59.png

Men's Fitness: 2017
The top 10 quarterbacks of all time

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Johnny Unitas

Ryan Philips: 2017

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Johnny Unitas

wait wait Brady played with modern day rules and all the QBs he faced played with 80's rules. Are you stupid? You cant compare eras.

Joe Montana played with 80s rules and all the QBs he faced played with modern rules. See how this works?

only someone with a very limited knowledge of the game would try to use the cheating card to somehow diss Brady? Really? Chating? Sticky Rice? The Broncos and Dolphins cap issues? Manning Hearing aids, Aaron Rodgers and his admittance to cheating.

The 49er's Def wasn't underrated IIRC. It was loaded with stars. Dallas Cowboys had a monster Def as well and usually the NFC championship games back then were must sees. I think the balance shifted to the Cowboys when Deion Sanders left SF and joined the Cowboys.

Anyways the rule change argument is just his silly attempt to shift Brady's GOAT status to Dan Marino or whatever QB he comes up with next.

It is underrated when considering Montana's accomplishments, as is the role of Bill Walsh, who wrote the handbook on coaching that Belichick follows.

Oh and Brady loses points for cheating too. ;)
Ha, Brady improved after they "leveled the playing field" by inflating the balls. I can only imagine how many more rings and TDs he have if he'd hadn't cheated himself all those years

Last edited:
It is underrated when considering Montana's accomplishments, as is the role of Bill Walsh, who wrote the handbook on coaching that Belichick follows.

OK Gotcha. You're right.

Her Der Hyuck yuck yuck ....... Dan Marino...... yeah he was the greatest.....hyuck yuck der her......

hahahahahaha

Maybe that's the big divide? How much someone values SBs.
Clearly you don't value Super Bowls in the least, given the team you have chosen to support.

Did you know there is a good chance the Jets' drought will extend beyond the Red Sox' 86 year drought in your lifetime?

Just read my previous posts about the eras and rule changes.
I think it is fair to adjust for rule changes when comparing statistics. Passing yards are easier to come by today than 25 years ago.

But they still only play one Super Bowl per year and crown only one champion. Until that changes, winning 5 Super Bowls will be the thing that lifts Brady above all the rest.

Chill with the "shut up" sonny.
If you don't like that way you are treated in this forum, STFU and get out of the forum.

(Is "STFU" better than a mere "shut up"? No? Tough ****.)

If you don't like that way you are treated in this forum, STFU and get out of the forum.

(Is "STFU" better than a mere "shut up"? No? Tough ****.)

I don't mind, just don't complain when it's returned.

Btw, if ya wanna tell someone to leave, maybe you should help support the site. Maybe? Stop being cheap and be a supporter.

I think it is fair to adjust for rule changes when comparing statistics. Passing yards are easier to come by today than 25 years ago.

But they still only play one Super Bowl per year and crown only one champion. Until that changes, winning 5 Super Bowls will be the thing that lifts Brady above all the rest.

No need to debate the top QBs. It's all based on rings.

Here's the list...

List of quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl starts - Wikipedia

Lol fool.

Rings mattered when Joe Montana was on top of the world

Now that Brady has more rings, rings dont matter

I assume this dosent really shock anyone given human nature.

It seems many here directly equate SBs to the goat. Fair enough.

I don't agree but to each their own.

That doesn't disqualify Brady, but it doesn't guarantee his spot either. And in no way does someone have to win more rings than someone else to be better.

I'm sure there is no way to change your mind, fair enough.

I agree that rings are not the "end all be all" and to rate one player based on the results of a 53-man roster can be problematic. There are a couple of things lost in your statement, though.

1. In terms of Brady, it's hard not to rate among the best ever by any measure. He among the best if you measure by longevity statistics, efficiency statistics, wins, playoffs, championships, fourth quarter comebacks, etc. The list goes in and on. Even when ranked among his peers, he is always among the very best. He may best Manning and Brees for career touchdown passes with 75-80 fewer interceptions.

2. Championships are not everything, but they sure have been instrumental for the Montana argument. While oftentimes the quarterback is not solely responsible for winning and losing, the quarterback does play a significant role. In addition, the entire point of the league is to win a championship. Do teams try to build perennial MVP contending quarterbacks? Of course not. It's all about championships, so it's hard not to put a lot of weight on that area. And arguing that Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning "would have won 7 championships on the Patriots" is beyond absurd. A theoretical, yet a common argument. Brady is TWO standard deviations above Montana in terms of overall winning percentage and has won 50% more playoff games. At some point, the arguments are silly.

3. It's not just about the championships...it's about the moments, the stories that make a legend. That's where Montana's magic comes in. That's why no matter what LeBron James' PER might say, he is not near Jordan yet. Brady has had too many heroic moments to count in the fourth quarter of playoff games with the season on the line. He is responsible for, arguably, the two greatest comebacks in Super Bowl history and has driven the team down the field to take the lead in the 4th quarter in SIX Super Bowls. That's why Peyton Manning will never be legendary and iconic in the same sense as Brady or Montana...so many chances to be the hero when it mattered and so many times retesting into his turtle shell. That's why, as of now, it's laughable that anyone would call Aaron Rodgers the GOAT with a straight face, and it's why no reputable football analyst or former player would embrace that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case