PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bennett doesn't think Brady is GOAT that he has played with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said Aaron is more athletic. Duh, it's hard to think of a QB who isn't more athletic than TB. He also claimed Aaron has a somewhat stronger arm and doesn't have to set his feet and use his body quite the same to make the throw. In other words, Tom Brady has better mechanics. :) Not sure if that's really an advantage for Rodgers.

I've always believed that Rodgers, when he's on, is a little more precise with his passes than TB. Clearly, he runs better. I see those as his strengths compared to TB.

I feel TB is better at understanding and manipulating coverages pre-snap as well as his decision making during the play. I give Tom a considerable edge in leadership and drive when the chips are down. Tom also takes better considered risks to pull out a win; Aaron Rodgers has the best TD/interception ratio of all time (by far) but that can be a bad thing if it means that you don't risk making the play that will win the game.

AR is superior when it comes to making the unorthodox throws, escaping pressure, throwing on the run and outside of the pocket, better velocity on his throws. But nobody and I mean nobody is better then Brady when it comes to reading defenses, understanding coverage's, and making defenses his ***** before the ball is even snapped. Playing QB is more about mental abilities than physical abilities, nobody does it better than TB12.

Rodgers often holds on to the ball too long because he is more risk averse.

Ask yourself this... if Rodgers’ team is losing in the 2nd half of any game (SB, playoffs, regular season), how likely is he to rally his team to victory? His body of work tells us there is almost no chance he wins the game. I could be wrong about this but I believe he’s only won a couple of games in his career when trailing in the 4th quarter.

He is an incredible athlete who can make all of the throws and he has an amazing release, but he is a bit of a front runner who pads his stats when things are going well.

I’d take almost any other high profile QB over Rodgers when trailing in the second half.

Obviously Rogers is better. Just look at his record winning games when coming from behind.

I have the NFL Network as my default channel when I turn on the TV. On the morning show (Good Morning Football) yesterday, they were each making their own lists of the top 5. The first guy was sharing his list; Rodgers was #1 and Brady was #2. His reasoning? "If I had to pick someone to win the game in a tough situation, I'd choose Rodgers". I actually tweeted to the show the statistic recently discussed here: AR is 0-35 on 4th quarter comebacks when down at some point in the 4th quarter by more than 1 point against winning teams. Although I do understand that facts in opinion-based discussions on sports shows rarely change people's minds. :(

He said Aaron is more athletic. Duh, it's hard to think of a QB who isn't more athletic than TB. He also claimed Aaron has a somewhat stronger arm and doesn't have to set his feet and use his body quite the same to make the throw. In other words, Tom Brady has better mechanics. :) Not sure if that's really an advantage for Rodgers.

I've always believed that Rodgers, when he's on, is a little more precise with his passes than TB. Clearly, he runs better. I see those as his strengths compared to TB.

I feel TB is better at understanding and manipulating coverages pre-snap as well as his decision making during the play. I give Tom a considerable edge in leadership and drive when the chips are down. Tom also takes better considered risks to pull out a win; Aaron Rodgers has the best TD/interception ratio of all time (by far) but that can be a bad thing if it means that you don't risk making the play that will win the game.

That is because Brady played when defenses could still defense the pass. Taking the 2010-2016 season when both Brady and Rodgers played:

Brady 4006 attempts, 53 interceptions, 1.32% intercepted
Rodgers 3521 attempts, 51 interceptions, 1.45% intercepted

Brady is actually intercepted less often the Rodgers.

Sounds like Bennett partied with Joe Buck last weekend.

"How does it feel playing The Great Aaron Rodgers, a QB who once threw a ball 20 yards down field to a wide open receiver that no other QB in the history of the NFL could throw?"

I can respect him sticking up for his boy, but it's definitively an odd thing to say seeing how he's yet to actually play for Rodgers. Could have avoided giving a real answer all together. I dunno, I think he probably shouldn't have said it considering the last Super Bowl. Not worth crying about though.

We all understand what Bennett is doing. He's a Packer now, but call me when AR erases a 28-3
(3rd Quarter) deficit in the SB AND wins it.

He'd have to get there first lol. :rolleyes:

Lastly, he ONLY ranked the QBs that he's played with (Rodgers, GOAT, Eli, Cutler & Romo), so we know it's BS.

Last edited:
I don't sweat anything being said about any QB vs Brady.

The Montana being 4-0 and that being better than Brady's 4-2 was a fairly shallow argument, but you could understand why people believed it to be better.

Brady's been in the League for 17 years and basically a starter for 15 of them and has been to the SB 7 times (47%).

Rodgers has been in the League for 12 years, 9 years as starter with 1 SB appearance (and win for 11% appearance).

Something tells me being the more gifted athlete isn't the primary factor in determining who wins the game. Granted BB as the coach makes TB better and Rodgers would be better too if he had BB as the coach. But who knows how well it would work out.

I'm just happy Brady is our guy and could care less about other people's opinions of him. Sorta like a Rocky-Apollo Creed thing. You fight great, but I'm a great fighter.

Last edited:
It would be dumb of Bennett to say Brady is the best he's played with while he's in Green Bay. Green bay fans are nasty and they will hold it against him if he says Brady is better.

Heath Evans has played with both TB and Drew Brees - I wonder what he thinks.

Rodgers often holds on to the ball too long because he is more risk averse.

He should be considered less risk averse, then.

More risk averse -> less likely to make risky throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing