PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would be your preferred top 5 receivers to make the team (from the current roster).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now: Edelman, Hogan, Dorsett, Britt and Decker.

I am not a huge fan of McCarron or Berrios so far but there is still a lot of time until the end of camp.

People are worrying way too much about the WRs IMO. It is only 4 games until we get Edelman back. In those 4 games you just rely a little more on the TEs and RBs. We have had games where the offense drop 30 burgers without the WR core getting much more than 100 yards total in the air.

Between Gronk, Hollister, Allen, White and Burkhead they won't lack targets. And that is assuming Michel isn't ready to go week 1.

Betwen all those guys and Hogan, Dorsett and whatever Patterson, Britt or Decker gives you it will be fine. Even if Both Decker and Britt are cut I am really not that worried about it as long as the TE and RB groups are healthy and ready to go.

It isn't like we will be facing any offensive juggernauts in the first 4 games where we will need to score more than 30 to win most likely.

The only team that MAYBE could put up 30 on offense is Houston but I think their offense will take a step back from the totals they put up with Watson at the helm last year. With a year of tape on him I expect Watson to have a sophomore slump. When it comes to the other 3 teams if they put up just 24 that is probably enough to win those games if they don't give up a cheep STs or defensive score.

Edelman
Hogan
Decker
Dorsett
McCarron

I’m assuming you guys resent Decker for his handsomeness.

I know how it feels, Decker.

Decker got nothing on you PJ.:D

I’m assuming you guys resent Decker for his handsomeness.

I know how it feels, Decker.
I think it was some kind of run in with fans he had at another team that rubbed me the wrong way

People are worrying way too much about the WRs IMO. It is only 4 games until we get Edelman back. In those 4 games you just rely a little more on the TEs and RBs. We have had games where the offense drop 30 burgers without the WR core getting much more than 100 yards total in the air.

Between Gronk, Hollister, Allen, White and Burkhead they won't lack targets. And that is assuming Michel isn't ready to go week 1.

Betwen all those guys and Hogan, Dorsett and whatever Patterson, Britt or Decker gives you it will be fine. Even if Both Decker and Britt are cut I am really not that worried about it as long as the TE and RB groups are healthy and ready to go.

It isn't like we will be facing any offensive juggernauts in the first 4 games where we will need to score more than 30 to win most likely.

The only team that MAYBE could put up 30 on offense is Houston but I think their offense will take a step back from the totals they put up with Watson at the helm last year. With a year of tape on him I expect Watson to have a sophomore slump. When it comes to the other 3 teams if they put up just 24 that is probably enough to win those games if they don't give up a cheep STs or defensive score.

We'll be fine when our #2 WR show that he can beat man coverage consistently. Remember Hogan will be seeing CB #1 for Four Weeks and Gronk will be Doubled consistently. Some Defenses won't mind conceding short yardage to our RB's and play Bend but don't break down the Field. If our #2 WR Option struggle while Edelman is out we'll be scoring a lot of FG's early on if Ghost:rolleyes: cooperates.

I can now see why BB was looking at receivers before the draft. I wish they would have paid Amendola.

I can now see why BB was looking at receivers before the draft. I wish they would have paid Amendola.

Looking at and Drafting is two different things the bust Potential of WR's scares BB. That's why he's leery of them in the First.

Hogan
Dorsett
Decker
Patterson
Britt

Not going to bother guessing who Edelman replaces because in all likelihood injuries/other external forces will make that clearer when the time comes.

I think Britt, Decker, McCarron, and Berrios are fighting for 2 spots. The winner of McCarron vs Berrios will make the roster IF:

1) No other PR option already penciled in for the 53 seems viable,

2) One of those two guys is actually worth keeping as a punt returner. I feel like it's kind of a big assumption to say someone who's never played a NFL snap is automatically our best option as a returner because he did it in college.

I think it was some kind of run in with fans he had at another team that rubbed me the wrong way
I never really followed him other than when he was playing vs the Pats and he looked pretty good (not great other than that Jets game). Don’t remember the run in but of course I believe you.

Hopefully he gets on the same page with the GOAT ASAP.

We'll be fine when our #2 WR show that he can beat man coverage consistently. Remember Hogan will be seeing CB #1 for Four Weeks and Gronk will be Doubled consistently. Some Defenses won't mind conceding short yardage to our RB's and play Bend but don't break down the Field. If our #2 WR Option struggle while Edelman is out we'll be scoring a lot of FG's early on if Ghost:rolleyes: cooperates.

Remember, Peters erased Hogan in week one last year.

Disagree. Patterson won’t okay every down but I think it will be more like 25-30 than 5-10. I think he gets 5-10 touches/targets a game.

30 snaps a game for Toast Patterson seems high. Thats WR2/WR3 snaps here.

With that said he might line up as a RB, slot, H-Back -type sets.

I guess its possible...

Edelman, Hogan and Patterson are locks IMO.
That doesn’t mean Patterson is the WR3 but it means he has a specialized role that will definitely be part of the offense in addition to his special teams role.
The team is giving Dorsett every opportunity to earn a big role. But often times that is a put up or prove you can’t trial around here. How he plays in camp practices and pre season games could have him anywhere from one of the top 3 WRs to cut.
Decker comes down to what’s left in the tank. Again like many vets brought in could be anywhere from cut to rebirth and big producer.
Britt is an enigma. Awfully talented but a head case but someone B.B. seems to be high on. I could see him as the odd man out or asa deep threat who is one of the top
3 WRs.
The roster building may come down to who doesn’t figure to see a lot of snaps (because WR4 and WR5 if there is one won’t play much) and can they handle sitting as Injury insurance?

30 snaps a game for Toast Patterson seems high. Thats WR2/WR3 snaps here.

With that said he might line up as a RB, slot, H-Back -type sets.

I guess its possible...
Wr2 plays 60 snaps WR3 plays 40 ish.
I see Patterson as WR4 who takes a handful of snaps from WR 1,2,3 and from TE2.

ELVIS Patterson was TOAST because he was a corner who got burned. Doesn’t really fit for a WR.

They will get a good test early in week 2 against the jags. Let’s see some of these guys beat man coverage.

Wr2 plays 60 snaps WR3 plays 40 ish.
I see Patterson as WR4 who takes a handful of snaps from WR 1,2,3 and from TE2.

ELVIS Patterson was TOAST because he was a corner who got burned. Doesn’t really fit for a WR.
I like calling him "Toast". Reminds me of my teenager years.

I like calling him "Toast". Reminds me of my teenager years.
I just never understood why fans deride and make fun of players on the team they root for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back