PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WAY TOO EARLY Predict the Patriot’s Recievers for 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Available FAs aren't all that enticing. Via trade we would have better chances to improve the WR core and good receivers are either on expensive deals or on rookie contracts.

Sure, we would have no problem signing a receiver for 5 million per year but who? Don't see anyone out there on the FA market that improves our roster.

There are all sorts of roster transactions over the summer, and there will be receivers currently unavailable either released or traded between now and September. I’m sure the Patriots are tracking rosters and possible moves that may be made and that they can add more competition to this WR unit between now and the real start of football. We’ll see.

As it stands right now it is more likely Thomas will be a starter in December than Gordon. We don't know if he will be reinstated, how long the expected additional suspension would be and then -- of course -- if he gets through it all and can play how long he'd be available before something else happens.

Hell, I'd be curious what the betting markets are for who is more likely to be playing in Nov/Dec: Gronk or Gordon.

It’s amazing to me that so many here talk as if Gordon is a sure thing for this year’s Patriots. He’s been anything but for years. I’d love to see him come in and be great but I will still have my doubts about every week until the season is over.

And that matters because ?

It matters because we're getting to the point where we start incorrectly predicting the roster with the roster tool. We need to start putting guys in position groups which forces us into things like Slater as a WR and White as a RB. How they actually line up and run around on the field is entirely unrelated to the prime directive of this board which is to predict stuff and occasionally hammer Goodell and the Jets.

I agree up to the final cutdown at which time several interesting players will appear on the FA or trade lists. Dorsett was an early September acquisition in 2017 and has become a trusted receiver for Brady.

It matters because we're getting to the point where we start incorrectly predicting the roster with the roster tool. We need to start putting guys in position groups which forces us into things like Slater as a WR and White as a RB. How they actually line up and run around on the field is entirely unrelated to the prime directive of this board which is to predict stuff and occasionally hammer Goodell and the Jets.

And that matters because ?

If you are worried about wrong/inaccurate predictions at the end of May then I am not sure what to discuss really. If there is any time to discuss things without looking at labels too much it is now. Before some players unexpectedly underperform, others overperform & steal their spots and another subset of players gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back