PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do We Have Receivers (WR's RB's & TE's) capable of 378 Catches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but, in a season where we're not sure about the if/when of Thomas and Gordon getting on the field, I think Ellington getting cut only about a week ago makes my point.
But my evaluation of Ellington was that he would not make the team. :D

I congratulate you and your optimism. I would point out that every receiver but oldies Edelman and Watson have question marks with regard to 2019. I'm fine with Brady, Edelman and Watson being the core of our passing offense. However, we do need to have a lot of questions answered.

IMO: Best off-season reloading in years! I think our offense will be a juggernaut! Excellent running game combined with big receivers passing game! Creating advantageous match ups will be easier than most years. Small quick defenses will be run on. Heavy defenses will be thrown on. We are a Defense's nightmare!

Speaking of Defense, ours might actually be better than 2018, based on the many analyses found on this board.

It should be fun to watch exactly how it all plays out. I'm really looking forward to this season!

If I'm one of the other 31, I know I wouldn't want to face us!

Go Pats!

This seems reasonable. You are projecting that we have 23 fewer receptions and 22 more rushing attempts.

My suspicion is the TE's will have a bit higher share when Develin is included in their numbers. 50 seems a low bar for Watson, ASJ and Develin.

Jules 80
Harry 50
All other WRs 50
White 60
Sony 30
Harris 15
Burk 20
TEs 50

Thats 355 and I think they will be pushing 500 rushing attempts for the season.

But my evaluation of Ellington was that he would not make the team. :D

Well, here's the thing, IMO:

In 2018, Edelman (12 games) and White (16 games) combined for 161 catches. If you put Edelman up to the full 16 games, since there's no suspension, that would get you another 25 catches, which puts you up to 186. So, between the entire rest of the receiving corps, you'd only need another 200 catches (192, actually).

So, removing the space making ability of Gronk from the equation for purposes of this exercise, does having a healthy group of, say,

Burkhead
Michel
Harris
Devlin
Gordon
Thomas
Dorsett
Harry
Watson
ASJ

give you the potential for another 200 catches? It does, no question.

But sub out, or limit, Gordon and Thomas, and only give Burkhead his usual percentage of healthy games, and accept that we don't know what Michel and Harris will be like in the passing game this year, and things get a lot dicier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back