PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slow Your Roll on the Patriots WRs… There's a Long Way to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopkins and Julio also had damn good rookie seasons.

In Madden 20 Gordon Thomas and Harry are impossible to cover Bombs away now I am playing on Rookie.

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned much in the trashing of Dorsett is how well he played in the division playoffs against SD and then came up with a huge TD in the KC game.

I might have said "rookie", because it is true. However, I don't see the parallel to last year.
We kept 3 youngsters, hoping that 1-2 would be adequate backups.

Here we keeping 5 or 6 WR's. Our backup (#4 WR) is rookie Harry. The choices are Dorsett and Myers. To be parallel, both would be rookies, and we'd keep them both. This year, we have the luxury of being able to keep a veteran backup instead of counting on rookies as we did last year.

I'm more than fine if the rookies Harry and Myers have great production. Last year, we held our collective breaths and hoped the Jackson or one of the other two rookies would step up; and he did. I would have been much happier to have carried a vet instead of Crossen at CB last year.

If you'd just said "a rookie" I might have been on board.

I don't think UDFA matters much at this point, any more than it did for J.C. Jackson vs. Duke Dawson last year.

A friend and I, at work, were trying to figure this out: who was the last WR to have a great rookie season? Even with eventual greats, a lot of them have merely serviceable rookie seasons.

Does that position have the hardest time adapting to NFL?

And as I like to always note in this forum, so no one jumps to conclusions, I'm genuinely asking and this is not anything else other than curiosity lol.
Amari Cooper, Julio, Keenan Allen, AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, and Odell Beckham recently. Looks like basically very high draft picks aside from Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas.

Slow Your Roll on the Patriots WRs… There's a Long Way to Go

I think that was reinforced by tonight's game.

I think that was reinforced by tonight's game.

Remains to be seen if the NE WR corp is any better than last season.

KC might have the best WR group in the NFL. Hill, Watkins, Kelce

Dorsett proved he belongs. Secury blanket to get you 5-10 yard completions

Remains to be seen if the NE WR corp is any better than last season.

KC might have the best WR group in the NFL. Hill, Watkins, Kelce

Everything remains to be seen. It's a new season.

People are going hog wild.

NE does not have the best NFL WR corp.

Agreed, I said as much. But it's very likely a much improved unit compared to last year.

Agreed, I said as much. But it's very likely a much improved unit compared to last year.
Definitely has the chance to be. Do you think they give Thomas reps in PS Game 4? Or do they hold all 3 (Gordon, Edelman, Thomas) out?

Definitely has the chance to be. Do you think they give Thomas reps in PS Game 4? Or do they hold all 3 (Gordon, Edelman, Thomas) out?

Hold all 3 out. Give Gunner, Patterson and Davis some more playing time.

If you have Edelman Gordon Thomas Harry Meyers
You don’t need Dorsett and Harris.
After last night, I definitely disagree with this now. It’s obvious Brady has much more trust with Dorsett at this point. No way he doesn’t make the roster. Myers just hasn’t clicked yet.

After last night, I definitely disagree with this now. It’s obvious Brady has much more trust with Dorsett at this point. No way he doesn’t make the roster. Myers just hasn’t clicked yet.
Brady had a lot of trust in JM during joint practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes