PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"We're on to Denver..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll probably look better than the 50+ points they gave up today, the two score loss to a 1-7 Giants team, a 21-0 shutout, and the 4 straight losses that occurred during the same stretch as the other 3 games mentioned.
It’s the Tebow curse :D

We could really end it Sunday Night though nothing like putting the final nail in a opponents coffin.

Agree but putting the nail in the coffin of opponents isn't a uniform level of satisfaction. On the tree of opponents for putting the nail in their coffin. on the very very top branch is Denver, Indy, Jets. OTOH, for instance, Cleveland is such low hanging fruit it just wouldn't have any where near the same satisfaction. For example: December 2018 Cleveland is clinging on to a shot at a WC seed. Patriots come to town and throttle them and end their playoff dream. Just doesn't have the same panache as those on the top branches... :)

I read in the Schedule thread that it takes approximately 3-6 weeks to acclimate to high altitude running.

Altitude-Gate? Patriots Early Landing Won't Give Them An Oxygen Edge

Don’t buy into all that crap...everyone is different and the altitude affects everyone differently. When I moved here with the army we had some guys that were immediately affected and others that took a week or two and some, myself included that never felt the affect at all. The O2 masks on the sidelines are likely to have little affect on someone that might be susceptible to altitude sickness, at least during the game.

Don’t buy into all that crap...everyone is different and the altitude affects everyone differently. When I moved here with the army we had some guys that were immediately affected and others that took a week or two and some, myself included that never felt the affect at all. The O2 masks on the sidelines are likely to have little affect on someone that might be susceptible to altitude sickness, at least during the game.

That's great insight. Thanks.

Denver sucks but it's gonna be a close game. We've only won 1 game by double digits all year.. Brady has struggled at mile high more than any other stadium. Think we'll win though similar to last year's but they'll probably score 10-14

Yeh probably going to be a tougher game than expected, the Denver defense is much better than what they showed yesterday and I expect they will give the pats O line fits.

Denver sucks but it's gonna be a close game. We've only won 1 game by double digits all year.. Brady has struggled at mile high more than any other stadium. Think we'll win though similar to last year's but they'll probably score 10-14

I think you could be right. On paper the Patriots should win, however, given all of the particulars it suggests the game will be close. Main thing is no dumb TOs and don't give up big plays. Make Denver have to sustain a drive for any points they score. So If the Patriots play decent Run D, the Broncos just don't currently appear capable of scoring many points.

Side note: while we have only won one game by double digits all year, that suggests all games were all struggles right up to last week. Sure we haven't dominated except ATL, however, since the Carolina loss I believe every final was predicated on opponents getting very late game scores to pull within that single digit. I believe the Patriots have been leading into the 4th quarter in every game since the Panthers.
Part of it definitely is that we have a less potent offense. But I think part of it also has been conservative calls. I suspect BB and staff were keeping it closer to the vest while troubles on both sides of the ball were/are being ironed out.

You can't stop Brock Osweiler. You can only hope to contain him.

image.jpg

We have won two games by double digits, NO and Atlanta.

Brock...is really really hard to watch...this will be a tough game

Just wait, against the Pats he will look like Peyton Manning and these boards will be on fire. :p

If the Pats defense can play as well as they did the past four games, I don't see the Broncos scoring a whole lot. Their season median is 17.5 points per game, and 14.5 for the past four games, including the garbage-time score against Philly after the Foles fumble. Their kicker is 13 for 18 on the season, with all five misses coming on his home field (though he's 5 for five the past two weeks on the road).

And there's a possibility that the Pats D can get a score of their own - the Broncos have turned the ball over 13 times in the past four games.

So, the Pat offense shouldn't need to score very much. Good thing, too, with Hogan almost certainly OUT. At 46.5, I'd take the under.

The Denver defense still has a lot of great individual playmakers. However, they're working for a new defensive coaching staff and HC.

The new DC, Joe Woods, was a DB coach for 13 years - 2 with Tampa, 8 with Minny, 1 with Oakland (2014) and the past two season with Denver before being promoted this year.

Vance Joseph was also a DB coach - for 11 years: 6 with SF, 3 with HOU, 2 with Cinci - before being hired as DC by the Fins just last season, and then as HC for the Broncos this season.

FWIW, the Pats had hung 31 points on Joseph's defense by the middle of the 3rd quarter in their first meeting with the Fins last season - in week-2 - with Garoppolo starting and Brissett finishing up. Then, in week-17, Brady & Co. hung another 35 on Joseph's defense.

The Broncos' run-D has been significantly worse the past four games compared to their first four, and their pass-D has given up 16 TDs.

The weather in Denver is forecast to be clear and calm with game-start temp around 40f and falling slowly.

I think you could be right. On paper the Patriots should win, however, given all of the particulars it suggests the game will be close. Main thing is no dumb TOs and don't give up big plays. Make Denver have to sustain a drive for any points they score. So If the Patriots play decent Run D, the Broncos just don't currently appear capable of scoring many points.

Side note: while we have only won one game by double digits all year, that suggests all games were all struggles right up to last week. Sure we haven't dominated except ATL, however, since the Carolina loss I believe every final was predicated on opponents getting very late game scores to pull within that single digit. I believe the Patriots have been leading into the 4th quarter in every game since the Panthers.
Part of it definitely is that we have a less potent offense. But I think part of it also has been conservative calls. I suspect BB and staff were keeping it closer to the vest while troubles on both sides of the ball were/are being ironed out.

Ahh totaly forgot atl so thats 2 double digit wins.... Atl and no, Still less than what youd expect in 8 games for this team (spoilt i know lol). We are still rounding into form which is why i predict a tight game, this is so far playing out kinda like the 03 season with the grind it out wins, just a little more emphasis towards offense. i think we are slowly gettin there though

We’re undefeated without him. Hopefully they installed a major attitude adjustment while he was in concussion protocol. Half the time he played like he was high on the stimulant plentiful and legal in the state the team is playing in Sunday night.

Its legal here in MA as well...

Just win & stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes