PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"We're on to Denver..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have won two games by double digits, NO and Atlanta.
Did I miss the rules change? Do these wins count for more than the others?

I think it was just a comment in response to a poster who had claimed that we’d only had one double digit win all year.

As you point out, it shouldn’t really matter whether they’re decisive victories or one point wins, although allowing teams to hang around may lead to more losses due to close games.

How worried are you guys about our sputtering O as of late and the Denver D always seems to play well at home? I know Philly blew them out...but their season is on the line...this is it for them

How worried are you guys about our sputtering O as of late and the Denver D always seems to play well at home? I know Philly blew them out...but their season is on the line...this is it for them
I’m sure the crowd and team will dig down and turn it up a notch or two, but in the end our team should be at least 7-10 points better.

I’m thinking something around 23-14. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the offense struggling at times without Hogan. What will piss me off is seeing the struggling DEN offense having much success. Obviously, we all want to see a continuation of the positive steps taken by the defense.

They're still dangerous with Darby, Thomas, Sanders.

It has been since 2013 that DT was in any shape or form a scary receiver. Derby is a JAG. And the Broncos are missing a QB that can properly use Sanders in a consistent manner. Nothing in their offense gives me any worries at all. Stop the run and they are dead in the water.

If we dont turn the ball over they wont score more than 7-10 points in the first 3 quarters. No clue what will happen in garbage time in Q4 but dont see any way to lose this game if nothing dramatic goes wrong (injuries, crazy turnovers, absurd weather).

i worry about gilmore sucking.

Well that greatly depends upon the spread, if the spread was covered, and if the money you bet was meant for rent or the electric bill :)

It has been since 2013 that DT was in any shape or form a scary receiver. Derby is a JAG. And the Broncos are missing a QB that can properly use Sanders in a consistent manner. Nothing in their offense gives me any worries at all. Stop the run and they are dead in the water.

If we dont turn the ball over they wont score more than 7-10 points in the first 3 quarters. No clue what will happen in garbage time in Q4 but dont see any way to lose this game if nothing dramatic goes wrong (injuries, crazy turnovers, absurd weather).

"Stop the run and their dead in the water". Very true but it reminds me of the Den @ Pats game a few years back where they ran all over us but by the second half BB just accepted we couldn't stop the run and schemed a win from it. We ended up pulling out the miracle win by keeping them away from passing the ball and totally causing their raison detre to be turned upside down. I still don't know how we pulled that damn game out...

i worry about gilmore sucking.

No need to worry Captain, JBad is hungry to keep his playing time up. And Rowe is back and probably biting at the chomp to get playing time.
Gilmore is going to have competition for his playing time. So this is his time to step it up or start seeing the pine for the first time in 5 years.

Given all that I'd expect everything Gilmore's got. It's like Duke is in his corner passionately yelling for him to give "All your strength, all your power, all your love. Everything you've got. Right now!" Rocky was able to knock out the invincible Drago with that speech, why the hell can't Gilmore bat down a few balls with it? :)

"Stop the run and their dead in the water". Very true but it reminds me of the Den @ Pats game a few years back where they ran all over us but by the second half BB just accepted we couldn't stop the run and schemed a win from it. We ended up pulling out the miracle win by keeping them away from passing the ball and totally causing their raison detre to be turned upside down. I still don't know how we pulled that damn game out...

They didnt just suddenly do that in the second half in that big comeback in 2013 - it was the plan all along. Manning had his record year and BB (and the strong winds + cold weather) baited him into abandoning what they were doing so well for the entire year. Turnovers on both sides were the reason for the big points swings in the game.

But in the upcoming game Denver literally can only win by having success on the ground. Brock might be able to pull together a couple of drives if he lucks out on low percentage throws the same way e.g. McCown did but it is extremely unlikely he can do it consistently for an entire game.

It will be tough if hogan doesn't play. It's time for dorsett to step up. Our secondary has to make the QB play like ***weiler and not Osweiler.

Ok Kontra we got the point I hope Patriots DB's wears stick em because some will be coming there way.:D

Glad to have the bye week behind us, but here;s a thought (and probably one people have had before).

Make all Thursday games (assuming they are going to keep them) be divisional games where the teams have the same (prior) bye week.

It would make sure that no team has the advantage over the other from a schedule perspective (other than home team which is expected). Team without a bye vs team with a bye before.

Divisional matchups are generally better than many other types of game due to familiarity.

and my #1 most selfish reason, make me have to wait less time between games. Heck after 11 days, I'd be happy to watch football again and would look forward to it.

Granted the team would have a mini-bye for the next opponent and I wouldn't suggest have the 2 divisional games be back to back (though that would be very interesting, but ultimately a bad idea).

Kyle freaking Orton and Jay freaking Cutler both beat goid Pats teams here in Denver. I'm always nervous about these games. Was Denver bad last week or was Philly that good?

I think the Broncos get up for this game. They'd love to stick it to the Pats no matter what. I'd love for the Pats to get up early and leave that stinking IN_COM_PLETE crowd in silence. But, we are playing against the following: bad performance demons in Denver; always questionable reffing, it seems; no Hogan (probably) and an offense that was spluttering in the red zone the last couple of weeks; Von Miller; altitude; the return of Gilmore and the fear/uncertainty that our improving D over the last few weeks will be upset by this addition.

For all of these reasons, I will take a win of any margin. I will be really bummed if the Past lose as they SHOULD win. Go Patriots!

Not expecting these guys to play.

I thought Waddle looked alright out there, last game. It was a pleasant surprise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News