PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he should play against the Jets. They don't need him to win against the Jets. If he doesn't he will have had 5 weeks to rest. When dealing with back issues restis very important.
He has a bad wheel as well.

Keys to the game for us.

Offensive keys.

No turnovers.
Establish the run game with Patterson/Sony/white.
Two RB sets
Smart Patriot football.
Protect Brady
Use Flash on Malcom - we’ve seen how butler sometimes struggles against big powerful WRs let’s see if Gordon can be like that.
James White and Jules - will be key to moving the chains.

Defensively

Force Mariota to throw the ball
Contain Mariota
CBs man to man. Make Mariota throw into tight windows.
Clayborn has to make sure he contains the edge and sets it hard.
Guy/Shelton/Brown - Must be strong interior.

Watch how they will use Lewis - I can possible see Obi or Chung on him depending on the look. I think we could see obi play today in certain looks.

Yeah, I forgot, all the more reason to rest him in the Jets game.

He blocked OK against Buffalo when he tried to come back but was not running well which indicates it is the high ankle sprain not the back. People don't retire because of high ankle sprains.

He blocked OK against Buffalo when he tried to come back but was not running well which indicates it is the high ankle sprain not the back. People don't retire because of high ankle sprains.
Agree. I think the ankle is giving him a tougher time out there than the back.

The needed a 4th Q comeback to beat the Jaguars at home last year. Then lost to Jags away this year.

They kicked the Titans ass last year.

Seems a little different to me.

Yeah it’s not different. Patriots have a history of letting mediocre QBs have great games against them.

I don't think he should play against the Jets. They don't need him to win against the Jets. If he doesn't he will have had 5 weeks to rest. When dealing with back issues restis very important.

I agree.
But you know what else helps back injuries?
Not having an opposing force suddenly stop you while you are running 15mph.
His back will be an ongoing thing.
I was hoping all of that time at TB12 with AG would've helped him more.

I go back and forth wondering whether the ankle or back is the primary problem. My thought all along has been it’s the ankle, but I started to rethink it this week a little after listening to an interview with Dr. Chao. But, you would not think they’d take him on the trip if it’s back that’s iffy. Would you?

Keys to the game for us.

Offensive keys.

No turnovers.
Establish the run game with Patterson/Sony/white.
Two RB sets
Smart Patriot football.
Protect Brady
Use Flash on Malcom - we’ve seen how butler sometimes struggles against big powerful WRs let’s see if Gordon can be like that.
James White and Jules - will be key to moving the chains.

Defensively

Force Mariota to throw the ball
Contain Mariota
CBs man to man. Make Mariota throw into tight windows.
Clayborn has to make sure he contains the edge and sets it hard.
Guy/Shelton/Brown - Must be strong interior.

Watch how they will use Lewis - I can possible see Obi or Chung on him depending on the look. I think we could see obi play today in certain looks.

I'd like to see the Pats knock Lewis around before he gets started. As Olivia Newton John would say, let's get physical.

I go back and forth wondering whether the ankle or back is the primary problem. My thought all along has been it’s the ankle, but I started to rethink it this week a little after listening to an interview with Dr. Chao. But, you would not think they’d take him on the trip if it’s back that’s iffy. Would you?

No. If he had a gimpy back it is doubtful he is throwing hard blocks in the Buffalo game, and doubtful he is a game time decision today - back problems do not heal by sitting on a plane ;).

People like to think the worse - I never understood that. It is now accepted as fact that Sony's knee is "bone on bone" :rolleyes:.

Hard to say. All we really know is that it was reported that he missed the Bears game due to back spasms more than his ankle. Other than that, I don't recall seeing anything talking about what exactly the back problem is.

I think Josh Gordon has been hanging with Ernie Adams too much.

Josh knows what Pink Stripes is. Mystery solved.

Al Czervik would be proud

164cdc77-0e95-4cdf-8fa9-379757c8f5c3.jpeg

Keys to the game for us.

Offensive keys.

Not that I disagree with this all but, I'm pretty sure Vrabel will decide who covers Flash.

Last edited:
edit bad post
piece of crap tablet

Last edited:
I think Josh Gordon has been hanging with Ernie Adams too much.

Josh knows what Pink Stripes is. Mystery solved.

Al Czervik would be proud

View attachment 21723
Wickersham needs to write an article on Pink Stripes. How far off the rails does he need to go before his colleagues admit it’s absurd?

Apparently Bentley is still traveling with the team. Sounds like they think highly of him.

Glad Sony is back. When he got hurt, I imagined the worse so this is truly a bonus for us .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back