PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"We're on to Denver..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico City is much higher than Denver, 8000ft vs 5000 ft. The closest big-ish city in the US would be Sante Fe, NM, at 7000ft. At 5000ft, a fit person from sea level would be mildly more winded from typical exertion. At 8000ft, an unaclimatized fit person would be gasping from carrying their luggage up a flight of stairs.

Where is OAK, another sea level team, going to be training the week before Mex City?

Edit: Memory fails again. Mex City is just a bit higher than Sante Fe, not 8000ft. I was thinking of Amecameca, a town outside of Mex City. It is over 8000ft.

It is a difference maker. Thankfully, we have a coach who is experienced with this aspect, and he is also keeping the team out there prior to the game in Mexico City, which is the following week. That should help them get acclimated to the circumstances.

Denver is approx. a mile high, but Mexico City is approx. a mile and a half high.
I think they are flying in to Denver on Friday as opposed to the usual Saturday day before a game to get acclimated. As for Mexico City, the Pats may be better prepared for the game having been at altitude for a week versus Oakland...(Den 5280 ft- Mexico City 7300 ft.)

Pats are 7 point favs in Denver :eek:

If the running game hits it heavy from the get-go, we should be good. I doubt Brady will do much with banged up WR corps against their secondary ...

Hard to know how well the Pats ground game will do in Denver (3-1 at home, 0-4 on the road).

During their first 4 games, the Denver run-D allowed the #2, #11, #25 and #26 running attacks a total of about 200 yards and went 3-1 (road loss to the Bills). However, during their 4-game losing streak (the last three on the road), the Denver run-D has given up over 500 yards to the #3, #12, #25 and #27 rushing offenses.

Meanwhile, the Pats ground game has averaged about 122 yds/game versus the #18, #19, #22, #23, #30 and #31 run defenses, but only 70 yds/game versus the #2 and #9.

On the pass-D side, Denver has been stingy with yards-allowed, YPA and completion %, but they've also given up 16 TD passes, 7 of those in their last three games.

Also, it's not as if they've recently lost a bunch of defensive players to injury. OTOH, like the Falcons, Denver changed DCs in the off-season, from Wade Phillips to former Denver DB-coach, Joe Woods. Denver HC, Vance Joseph was also a long-time DB coach until being promoted to DC for MIA in 2016 (the Pats beat the crap out of the MIA defense twice last season).

One note on staying in Denver for a full week and high altitude for 10 days: besides team building effect and best acclimatization for Mexico City game the side effect of this decision will also have team in better physical condition for the rest of the season.

High altitude training is mandatory part of endurance sport's preparation (incl. track and field) and this should give Pats some edge down the stretch (like the hill)..

This looks like a team that quit this week. If that’s just a one game thing, this should be a hard fought victory. If this a season thing, Joseph should already be fired and the Patriots should win in a laugher.

For once, I'm confident in a victory. Mile High is scary, but their team isn't. By getting there early, it's possible to mitigate the altitude's effect (Takes about 3 days to get acclimated). Well, first of all, no injuries. I'm sick of losing players every game

My thought exactly is there that much of a difference while playing football?? If they acclimate to Denver is it consistent with Mexico City??

Any trip to Denver is worrisome... never discount this team.
Actually it does make a difference. Going to Denver is at the low end 5,000-5,600 feet of when altitude starts to impact cardiovascular performance and every point higher means less O2. Mexico City is significantly higher at 7,300 - 7,800 feet.

Concerns:
1-refs;
2-altitude;
3-injuries;
4-Donkey defense;
5-Yellowstone Caldera erupting while Pats in area;
6-99- other scary things that probably won't happen;
100-Donkey offense.

You forgot one that Dirty Aqib Talib you know he's going try to fight somebody on our Team. :rolleyes:

Pats are 7 point favs in Denver :eek:

That's a huge insult to NE. Only favored by 7 points against a team that couldn't beat a high school squad at this point?

Hopefully the Pats use this as bulletin board material.

Likely getting Gilmore back in this game. I know that the donkeys play better at home but we shouldn't have a problem beating that team. Their season's probably done already.

Talib really got toasted yesterday on Dallas' 1st TD

Denver has been a house of horrors for the Pats for decades. I would just be happy with a win. I could care less about the margin of victory.

This is a big two week road trip for the Pats, if they could go 2-0 they would basically knock both the Broncos and the Raiders out of the playoff race.

Still can't figure out how he turned into an ironman for Denver. Sure wasn't when he was in New England.

Tell me about it he was more like Paperman when he was here. Never forgot how he took himself out that crucial playoff game against Denver, him being more concerned about his payday in FA. Really took one for the Team there Talib.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes