PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"We're on to Denver..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Always tough in Mile High... but the defense is trending up, and hopefully the offense can figure out the red area issues.

Trying not to get too excited about playing Osweiler...

giphy.gif

...I said, trying. :)

Always tough in Mile High... but the defense is trending up, and hopefully the offense can figure out the red area issues.

Trying not to get too excited about playing Osweiler...

giphy.gif

...I said, trying. :)
I agree.
I feel this should be a winnable game. But Mile High is never a "Gimme" feeling.
Especially with Ossie starting. ( Why I do..o_O????)

This Pats team is still a little Hot and Cold.

And, I always fear the refs there .
There's still bad Karma there.

I'm guessing, we all think we should win this one, But it seems like we always get the shaft there.
As minute as the "fouls" may be, they seem just enough to sway the outcome.

Not to whine, but I just get that feeling there.

Anyway, I feel much better about this outing.
I'm with the confident ones on this one.

The timing is right. Bills loss, Jets are.... Jete...
and Miami....meh.

It's still a dangerous defense in Denver, but they are a mess right now.

I watched the game and Wentz is a top 5 QB. Philly has a QB that will them good the next decade.

I agree.
I feel this should be a winnable game. But Mile High is never a "Gimme" feeling.
Especially with Ossie starting. ( Why I do..o_O????)

This Pats team is still a little Hot and Cold.

And, I always fear the refs there .
There's still bad Karma there.

I'm guessing, we all think we should win this one, But it seems like we always get the shaft there.
As minute as the "fouls" may be, they seem just enough to sway the outcome.

Not to whine, but I just get that feeling there.

Anyway, I feel much better about this outing.
I'm with the confident ones on this one.

The timing is right. Bills loss, Jets are.... Jete...
and Miami....meh.

Agreed, there is no such thing as a gimme game and the Broncos have 2 very good corners and maybe the best pass rusher. Other than the Eagles game, they have looked incredible. Barring turnovers, a road primetime game, 30 points will still be hard to get. I just want to see our defense step up and shut them down

I would love to see Belichick play Jeopardy.

"This is the president of who passed the new deal"

BB: Denver
AT: No sorry that is incorrect
BB" We're on to Denver?
AT: No that isn't the-
BB: What is 'we are on to Denver?'

On a serious note though I wonder how this week's game will effect Denver. It could light a fire under them after that D got embarrassed. It could also be demoralizing with the QB change having done nothing to help the team. Could really go either way. I think they come out with their hair on fire though.

Last edited:
It's still a dangerous defense in Denver, but they are a mess right now.
I seriously doubt they will be as bad playing at home after getting their butts handed to them in Philly. They'll want to redeem themselves against a quality opponent on national TV.

They’ll probably look better than the 50+ points they gave up today, the two score loss to a 1-7 Giants team, a 21-0 shutout, and the 4 straight losses that occurred during the same stretch as the other 3 games mentioned.

Has anyone else actually done something physical in Denver, like a full workout at the gym? That altitude really does wipe you out, it's a difference maker.

Has anyone else actually done something physical in Denver, like a full workout at the gym? That altitude really does wipe you out, it's a difference maker.
It is a difference maker. Thankfully, we have a coach who is experienced with this aspect, and he is also keeping the team out there prior to the game in Mexico City, which is the following week. That should help them get acclimated to the circumstances.

Denver is approx. a mile high, but Mexico City is approx. a mile and a half high.

It is a difference maker. Thankfully, we have a coach who is experienced with this aspect, and he is also keeping the team out there prior to the game in Mexico City, which is the following week. That should help them get acclimated to the circumstances.

Denver is approx. a mile high, but Mexico City is approx. a mile and a half high.

For a guy that is a closet Broncos supporter :) :) that's an excellent and informative point Sup. I've been at the continental divide sign in Wyoming, an un-pressurized 4 seater plane cabin above the Brooks range in Alaska (heading to the North Slope), summit of Kirkwood in the Sierras, at one of the summits of the Trinity Alps (went from 100 degree weather to, 100 minute drive later, to 5 feet of snow). I had trouble catching my breath each time -- of course I was smoking a Camel unfiltered on each occasion but that shouldn't have made a difference should it? (yes I have actually been in each of those locations).

Curious Sup, at this point do you feel any better about the Patriots chances at Mile High? I know you weren't down on our chances but you were noticeably concerned because of it being a historically tough place for us and they sill do have a very good D. But they look out of wack while the Patriots seem to be on an upward trajectory.

Curious Sup, at this point do you feel any better about the Patriots chances at Mile High? I know you weren't down on our chances but you were noticeably concerned because of it being a historically tough place for us and they sill do have a very good D. But they look out of wack while the Patriots seem to be on an upward trajectory.
TBS—your life is much more exciting than mine, so I figured that I should start with that, but I too, have fallen victim to the unfiltered Camels back in the day. Looking back in hindsight, the thought disgusts me.

Yes, after seeing DEN struggling lately I most certainly feel better about their chances (I’m thinking a 10 point victory), but I still feel as though it has the capacity to be a difficult matchup based on several different factors such as the expected loss of Hogan; the fact that the Denver defense is still good if not very good, on occasion; the aforementioned thinner air and historic struggles that we’ve seemed to have at times; the potential for rustiness coming off the bye; the health of DT Brown vs. the Broncos RBs, etc. I think we “win” most of the individual matchups, but even if we were playing a ****tier team in their house on SNF in front of a pumped up crowd, I’d probably still feel as though it has the potential to be a 10 point or less type of game.

I don’t think it was ever a game that I expected to lose, but up until a week or so ago, I can’t say that I felt great about it. Obviously, seeing them struggle recently helps set the mind at ease. There are only a couple of games left that I’m genuinely worried about, and I’d say that would be @Pittsburgh and maybe @Buffalo. Part of those concerns are due to the rough road patch, although the Pittsburgh game has worried me a bit since the spring. What I’m hoping for is that they’ll be so pumped up for that and they’ll lose sight of the bigger picture/expected rematch in January, just like 2004. Next thing I know, I’ll be a closet Steeler fan for making this comment (only in the minds of a couple of predictable posters, bless their hearts).

TBS—your life is much more exciting than mine, so I figured that I should start with that, but I too, have fallen victim to the unfiltered Camels back in the day. Looking back in hindsight, the thought disgusts me.

Yes, after seeing DEN struggling lately I most certainly feel better about their chances (I’m thinking a 10 point victory), but I still feel as though it has the capacity to be a difficult matchup based on several different factors such as the expected loss of Hogan; the fact that the Denver defense is still good if not very good, on occasion; the aforementioned thinner air and historic struggles that we’ve seemed to have at times; the potential for rustiness coming off the bye; the health of DT Brown vs. the Broncos RBs, etc. I think we “win” most of the individual matchups, but even if we were playing a ****tier team in their house on SNF in front of a pumped up crowd, I’d probably still feel as though it has the potential to be a 10 point or less type of game.

I don’t think it was ever a game that I expected to lose, but up until a week or so ago, I can’t say that I felt great about it. Obviously, seeing them struggle recently helps set the mind at ease. There are only a couple of games left that I’m genuinely worried about, and I’d say that would be @Pittsburgh and maybe @Buffalo. Part of those concerns are due to the rough road patch, although the Pittsburgh game has worried me a bit since the spring. What I’m hoping for is that they’ll be so pumped up for that and they’ll lose sight of the bigger picture/expected rematch in January, just like 2004. Next thing I know, I’ll be a closet Steeler fan for making this comment (only in the minds of a couple of predictable posters, bless their hearts).

Can't picture you with a Camel unfiltered Sup -- that's a compliment :).

I'm actually still concerned for this game. Like you I think we will win if we don't give them free opps but it will be closer than I'd like. I'm much more worried about this game then @Buff (I'm now on board with AJ that he is 100% right about Buff, they were living on borrowed time. Hard to get past a national TV game with division leadership at stake being throttled by the Jets). We'll see next week but my gut says Buff is in for a downward slope.

Pittsburgh? IMHO right now they look like the better team than we do. But like Denver in Mile High, I believe the Patriots are 8-2 vs Pitt in the BB era - Pitt has a Patriot mental block. And some of those wins I would have said "Pitt has the better team" before the game. But it SUCKS!! that we go into Pitt as the 3rd road game in a row. I wish it would have been @ Jets instead of @Miami for road game #2. That way it would have been 3 road games all with short hops to similar weather (as a road warrior I can tell you 1 hour flights where weather is the same feels very different than flights where it's 40 degrees outside-take a 3 hour flight-now it's near 80 degrees).
Yesterday's KC loss was huge and makes path to a Bye seem at least less foggy. But this Pitt game cannot be understated. If we lose to Pitt the path to the 'HFA Bye' is one that will require the Patriots to win all other games(7-1) and Pitt to lose two games that they will be favored to win. If the Patriots lose to Pitt and lose just one more game? We'll basically need Pitt to collapse multiple times against a couple of scrub teams.

Their offense is a complete dumpster fire. Their O-line sucks and they have Brock starting. As usual how our O-line performs against their D-line is my main concern. Last time they did pretty well, how will they perform this time in Mile High? I'm expecting another low scoring game with us winning at the end.

If the running game hits it heavy from the get-go, we should be good. I doubt Brady will do much with banged up WR corps against their secondary ...

My thought exactly is there that much of a difference while playing football?? If they acclimate to Denver is it consistent with Mexico City??

Any trip to Denver is worrisome... never discount this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back