PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 12: We Are On To Arizona - root for a win or a loss?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to root for/hope for?

• Root and Hope for Pats to win

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Mostly want Pats to lose (better draft), but also hope for Pats to win as a fan

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Mostly want Pats to win (fandom), but don't mind Pats losing (better draft)

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Root and Hope for Pats to lose

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not impressed with AZ's defense. They play early on the east coast. Murray is good but not on DW's or PM's level quite yet. Pats should be able to compete and win this game.

Murray is more elusive than Watson and just as deadly passing on the run. We have to figure out some type of pressure as our secondary cannot cover for 5 seconds.

All I want from this team is to compete and not make an embarrassment of themselves

I'll be rooting for them to win every game, I just can't get into the mindset of intentionally throwing games to better our draft position. The chances are really bad (close to impossible now), but in theory they COULD still make the playoffs.. and once in, anything can happen (just look at Giants in 2007, 2010)

No guarantee a draft pick is going to even work out and you don't want to start messing with the culture you've spent over 20 years building

Next weekend the 4-6 Foxborough Patriots host the 6-4 Glendale Cardinals.

So at this point what should Pats fans be hoping for?
  • Lose out and get the earliest draft pick possible?
  • Strong finish to kick start 2021?
  • Never give up, the Patriot Way; win out and roll the dice and see what happens in the playoffs?

We are in no mans land in terms of the draft. You keep trying to win at this point.. It's still 6 losses. None of us think we run the table but **** it/

For what it is worth, Arizona is listed as a 2½ point favorite. I was expecting it to be a bit more.

I understand that it is a very long trip for the Cardinals that causes one less day of preparation, but with no fans in the stadium the home field advantage is very much diminished.

I get wanting to win. I’m not here to argue that. Here is the state of the draft:

• There are projected four franchise caliber QBs: Lawrence, Fields, Lance & Wilson.
  • The Jets & Jags have a two game lead on the top 2 picks. In all likelihood they are getting the top 2 QB prospects.
  • With Burrow out for the year, The Bengals are likely picking 3 & will draft franchise LT Penei Sewell.
At this point, Lance & Wilson should be available at the 4th pick. The pats aren’t getting the 4th pick however it is more feasible to trade up from the 8th pick rather than the 15th pick.

A competitive 6-10 would be the most desired outcome from draft positioning & not outright tanking.
If the Pats were playing in the NFL East instead of the AFL East, they could win the division with a 6-10 record. Unfortunately, that would mean a draft pick in the 20s.

Last edited:

Outside of Murray, safety Jalen Thompson left the game with what Kingsbury said was a re-aggravation of the ankle injury that sidelined him earlier this season.
Thompson missed six games while on the injured reserve, a place that has become a familiar destination for Cardinals defenders this season.
The Cardinals currently have five defensive linemen on the injured reserve.
Still, those that did play Thursday were able to sack Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson three times, with defensive linemen Angelo Blackson and MIchael Dogbe each getting one, and rookie linebacker Isaiah Simmons tallying one as well. Those were the first career sacks for Simmons and Dogbe. The Cardinals were also credited with eight quarterback hits, three of those coming from linebacker Markus Golden.
The bigger obstacles for the Cardinals to overcome were self-inflicted: penalties. Kingsbury said some, like holding, are more natural, but others, like the taunting call on cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick on 3rd and 7 are less excusable.

Outside of Murray, safety Jalen Thompson left the game with what Kingsbury said was a re-aggravation of the ankle injury that sidelined him earlier this season.
Thompson missed six games while on the injured reserve, a place that has become a familiar destination for Cardinals defenders this season.
The Cardinals currently have five defensive linemen on the injured reserve.
Still, those that did play Thursday were able to sack Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson three times, with defensive linemen Angelo Blackson and MIchael Dogbe each getting one, and rookie linebacker Isaiah Simmons tallying one as well. Those were the first career sacks for Simmons and Dogbe. The Cardinals were also credited with eight quarterback hits, three of those coming from linebacker Markus Golden.
The bigger obstacles for the Cardinals to overcome were self-inflicted: penalties. Kingsbury said some, like holding, are more natural, but others, like the taunting call on cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick on 3rd and 7 are less excusable.
Sounds like us.

at this point i don't mind them losing games and improving draft position. No way we should be in the playoffs.

I don't think the Pats can win a race to the bottom with the Jets no matter how bad things get, so I don't think a willful tank actually gains them that much. So I'm fine with them trying to compete every game.

Always root for the win. What kind of question is this.
Nearly half the responders would accept losing and some are actually hoping for it. That's nauseating. They'd fit right in with the Indiot fans though. Too bad we couldn't have a show of hands to see who's dragging this team's fandom down.

- Stick Gilmore on Hops. We will win/lose some battles, but it should even out.

- Jon Jones on Kirk...Kirk is too fast...will need to be covered.

- Set the edges so Murray doesn't take off...he's faster than Lamar Jackson, IMO.

- Bottle up Drake.

- Watch out for Budda Baker/Patrick Peterson on D...and pound the ball on the ground all day.

- Win out, baby! 6-0 gets us to the post-season...likely...AND then go 4-0 to win it all. 10-0, baby!!! LFG!!!!

- One more loss and I start talking 2021 FA/Draft and development of young players like Asiasi and Dalton!!!!!

Nearly half the responders would accept losing and some are actually hoping for it. That's nauseating. They'd fit right in with the Indiot fans though. Too bad we couldn't have a show of hands to see who's dragging this team's fandom down.
No scat. I strongly question the fanhood of all tankers. Go follow curling, you jabronis.

Cheering for a win of course. But if they lose I won't be devastated like years past. Is there something wrong with a silver lining of a higher draft pick? This is the year to try to find silver linings. Not many in 2020.

Lose lose lose. Or win. Whatever they screwed this up beyond belief unless someone falls a la Rodger in 2005. A 4-12 season in a covid year might yet get them a top 5 pick. Maybe. It won't hurt his legacy on bit...UNLESS TL keeps breaking it off in the Pats D for the next 10 plus years AND the Jete become relevant.

Then it will massively hurt his legacy.

The NFL Maps will not be out until tomorrow, but it looks as though the Pats-AZ game should get a decent amount of broadcast distribution. Due to there being three games Thursday (assuming the Pitt-Balt game is not postponed on account of the Ravens having major covid issues), Fox has only three games available in their early time slot.

Expect the Pats game to be available in New England, western PA, WV, MD, central Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arizona and the Pacific Northwest. The only other Fox early games are Giants-Bengals (that will go to Ohio and the four NFC East markets) and Carolina-Minnesota (that will only go to those two team's fan bases).

Kevin Burkhardt and Daryl Johnston (the #2 Fox crew) will be the announcers.

edit: many of the Great Lakes area stations are switching to an NFC North game (Vikings-Panthers).

Last edited:
Say we upset az and beat the lowly chargers. As sad as it is i know im getting suckered into believing again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back