PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 12: We Are On To Arizona - root for a win or a loss?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to root for/hope for?

• Root and Hope for Pats to win

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Mostly want Pats to lose (better draft), but also hope for Pats to win as a fan

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Mostly want Pats to win (fandom), but don't mind Pats losing (better draft)

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Root and Hope for Pats to lose

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will ALWAYS root for a win. But I don't we have a choice in the matter. Unfortunately, Murray will destroy our Pats.

A win is too late IMO. They needed to beat AFC teams more than NFC teams.

My head roots for them to win. But my heart doesn't. I hate being that way but it is what it is.

I expect a stud Front Seven guy drafted for our "efforts" with Garoppolo as the QB (SF saves so much money moving on) although I'd be drafting a QB if one of the top 4 (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance) makes it to us.

How does strength of schedule affect your position in the draft? I notice Carolina is at number 10 with a 4-7 record and a strength of schedule of .544 compared to ours .503. Anyway lots of football left. They can get themselves in the top 8 or even 7.

My head roots for them to win. But my heart doesn't. I hate being that way but it is what it is.

I expect a stud Front Seven guy drafted for our "efforts" with Garoppolo as the QB (SF saves so much money moving on) although I'd be drafting a QB if one of the top 4 (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance) makes it to us.

I still feel the 49ers will bring back jimmy g idk but we shall see.

How does strength of schedule affect your position in the draft? I notice Carolina is at number 10 with a 4-7 record and a strength of schedule of .544 compared to ours .503. Anyway lots of football left. They can get themselves in the top 8 or even 7.

SOS is the tiebreaker. Worse SOS = higher draft pick.

Play to win. Period. I look at this season in terms of Bill the Coach and Bill the GM's legacy. Bill is the best coach in the history of the nfl, BUT if he has a sub .500 season without Brady it gives his naysayers some ammo. Anti Bill media shoot down the 11-5 Cassell season with "it was an easy schedule!" "they didn't even make the playoffs!". Just wait for what's to come if the Pats go 6-10 this season. Also, I do not trust Bill the GM with a high draft pick given his abject drafting failures of the last 3 or 4 seasons...

What naysayers? Everyone knew this was likely going to be a down year.

Really good team, not really upset if they lose. Plus, it's an NFC team, so it won't really affect our already mediocre conference record

how can anyone here be a fan and wants us to lose. we play this game to win. plus we're not very good with first/second round draft picks in the recent past. pick 10 vs pick 15 no difference. lets get a win

I want the Pats to win every game, but having diminished expectations does have its benefits; if they lose I'm less likely to excessively drink afterwards.

Last edited:
So at this point what should Pats fans be hoping for?
  • Lose out and get the earliest draft pick possible?
  • Strong finish to kick start 2021?
  • Never give up, the Patriot Way; win out and roll the dice and see what happens in the playoffs?

This never should be a question, playing to win is the only reasonable option. Establishing and sustaining a winning team culture is the pathway to success.

I want a win. I wanna enjoy a season. The Ravens win? Extremely enjoyable. The Jets win? Extremely enjoyable. I don't give a **** about draft position I just wanna enjoy another win or two against good teams and see some fight from these guys

This never should be a question, playing to win is the only reasonable option. Establishing and sustaining a winning team culture is the pathway to success.

Yes winning is nice but at this point this team has many questions marks and can they really solve it in the offseason? They have around 69 million in cap space? Is that enough? A lot of older players as well at certain positions. It might just prolonged the rebuild something idk of bill wants to stick around for.

I'm back to my pre-Bledsoe pre-Brady state of fandom knowing that we don't really have a QB. Root for them to win.
Want at least to see them be competitive as a team. NOT rooting for better draft pick but I can live with that if at least they play competitively.
HOWEVER, the recent rash of stupid penalties has to stop for the game to be enjoyable to watch.

Wonder what the Covid Quitters did yesterday as their undermanned teammates battled in the trenches?

6-0 finish, baby. Realistic? No. But "fan" is short for "fanatic".

I am ALWAYS hoping for a win.

Every minute on the field is priceless especially for young players. I am rooting of course for the win and will be watching a competitive game with no injuries.

Win. We don’t need a top 5 pick to find our next QB. But we do need to be appealing to free agents that can picture us becoming dominant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back