Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How will the Patriots do versus Baltimore?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do they get the Ravens out of their regular offense?

I think I’d throw the kitchen sink at them on offense. Trick plays, onside kicks, everything.

Ravens seem quick to panic and stop running the ball when things go poorly early on. They threw quite a bit on Indy.

...who was playing- prior to his injury like he did when he was a Bill.

A 75% Gilmore helps our D by having a ripple effect on the secondary (e.g. Jackson to WR#2 and JMac to WR#4).

Besides, this isn't the week that we need Gilmore back.

The D is susceptible to outside zone runs because we struggle to set the edge. I even saw Wino go low vs. the Jets...it worked somewhat. And Simon is inconsistent.

Also, San Francisco exploited our LB speed in the shallow/wide parts of the field.

It is what it is....we will need to play single high safety with man coverage and hope that Jennings/Uche/Dugger get up to speed ASAP and that Guy is healthy enough to plug at least one hole on the DL.

However, this D can help us out by forcing offenses to march slowly down the field....take those Flacco crazy deep throws out of the game and we'll be OK and shift the burden back to the offense to keep up with scoring.

If we can do that, then our ST units can flip the field....Olszewski is primed to break a big return, IMO....c'mon Gunnar!

So how do they get the Ravens out of their regular offense?

I think I’d throw the kitchen sink at them on offense. Trick plays, onside kicks, everything.

Ravens seem quick to panic and stop running the ball when things go poorly early on. They threw quite a bit on Indy.

We can run the ball on them...problem is they can run the ball on us too.

Calais Campbell out, Jimmy Smith doubtful. That won’t hurt out chances against that defense.

Mark Ingram questionable. He will play but probably won’t be as healthy as he was last year against us.

If they win over the Ravens, really it could turn the tide in their favor.

Gilmore went from dnp to removed from the report? So he’s definitely suiting up?

Gilmore went from dnp to removed from the report? So he’s definitely suiting up?

He is questionable with limited participation as far as I have seen.

If we were 8-0 i'd be singing a different tune but not this year. 2020 is about maintaining the culture, accumulating young assets & draft picks and having a ****ton of cap space.

Why would they hang on to Gilmore through the trade deadline, pay him the rest of this year's salary while losing value as he gets older and his contract length gets shorter and then put him on IR for business reasons ?

It makes absolutely zero sense at all.

As soon as he is ready he will play. Same for Edelman.

Why would they hang on to Gilmore through the trade deadline, pay him the rest of this year's salary while losing value as he gets older and his contract length gets shorter and then put him on IR for business reasons ?

It makes absolutely zero sense at all.

As soon as he is ready he will play. Same for Edelman.
Edelman : I suspect he was worth nothing on the market. For instance, let’s say a team offered a 6th round pick. Most likely it’s be better for BB to hang into him and “show loyalty”, than to discard an alltimer for peanuts. If he was grumbling, etc - that’d be different (see Moss).

Genuinely curious how much they could’ve had for Gilmore. If it was less than a 2nd rounder, I get keeping him. If a pretender/wannabe was offering a 2nd (which in term would’ve become #40-50 overall) I’d have wanted them to move on.

Edelman : I suspect he was worth nothing on the market. For instance, let’s say a team offered a 6th round pick. Most likely it’s be better for BB to hang into him and “show loyalty”, than to discard an alltimer for peanuts. If he was grumbling, etc - that’d be different (see Moss).

Genuinely curious how much they could’ve had for Gilmore. If it was less than a 2nd rounder, I get keeping him. If a pretender/wannabe was offering a 2nd (which in term would’ve become #40-50 overall) I’d have wanted them to move on.

My point wasn't that Edelman was even on the market but that he will be back as soon as he is healthy enough to play. Even if it is just the final two games.

Maybe I look dumb come Monday but I think the team has a good chance at pulling off the upset*. It comes down to this Ravens team isn't the same.

The Ravens are 22nd in the league in yards per play. They are 27th in the league in their last 3 games. The loss of two All-Pro OL in Stanley & Yanda along with Hayden Hurst has changed their offense. Without the ability to bully teams up front their weak passing game is getting exposed.

Defensively they will be missing their best front 7 player in Campbell & fielding their 5th corner in the slot.

*No Lawrence Guy & any hope of this goes out the window IMO

His better fit here is at OLB, not I/MLB...Damn shame if they continue to try to use him inside; that would be unfair to the kid...That should be Jennings' job here now...Square peg vs round hole otherwise, plus keeping him inside would take away some of the attributes that made him attractive in the first place, and our DTs aren't going to keep him clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes