PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 12: We Are On To Arizona - root for a win or a loss?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to root for/hope for?

• Root and Hope for Pats to win

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Mostly want Pats to lose (better draft), but also hope for Pats to win as a fan

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Mostly want Pats to win (fandom), but don't mind Pats losing (better draft)

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Root and Hope for Pats to lose

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next weekend the 4-6 Foxborough Patriots host the 6-4 Glendale Cardinals.

So at this point what should Pats fans be hoping for?
  • Lose out and get the earliest draft pick possible?
  • Strong finish to kick start 2021?
  • Never give up, the Patriot Way; win out and roll the dice and see what happens in the playoffs?

I want them to lose, of course. It is clear to anyone not sunken in fanboy delusion that this year is OVER. It is now all about next year.

Play the rooks and newbies: see what you've got.

As for Cam, wth, leave him in. If you're looking to lose, he's your man.

I'm always rooting for a win. I never want us to lose. Ever. That said I don't believe we're anything more than pretty good at our peak this year. We've lost a lot of game changing talent. And unfortunately haven't been on fire replacing them through the draft. Not just good players but guys that are the difference between an L & W.

A year or two with the ability to get some blue chip talent isn't a bad thing for a team in this shape. Even if we want to trade back we have leverage with the first bite of the apple.

So while I'm not rooting for an L. I'm not mad if it goes that way and can look at opportunities we'll have in front if us.

Another reason I want a victory, I don't want the Pats to lose to the legend of Kliff Kingsbury.

As long as we haven't been mathematically eliminated......win of course. I was annoyed the Texans beat us, but I respect that a 2-7 team didn't just lay down.

The Pats have been a riddle this year.

In their three games versus teams that are currently on track to be playing one of eight teams in the divisional round. The Patriots played well enough each time to be in position to win in the end of those games.

Three other times the Patriots played well enough to defeat a team with a winning record heading into week 12. If not for losses to the Patriots, those three 6-4 teams would be sitting at 7-3 right now.

On the other hand the Pats have three losses to four-win teams, and would be 0-4 against clubs with losing record if not for the Jets pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory.

The Pats have been a riddle this year.

In their three games versus teams that are currently on track to be playing one of eight teams in the divisional round. The Patriots played well enough each time to be in position to win in the end of those games.

Three other times the Patriots played well enough to defeat a team with a winning record heading into week 12. If not for losses to the Patriots, those three 6-4 teams would be sitting at 7-3 right now.

On the other hand the Pats have three losses to four-win teams, and would be 0-4 against clubs with losing record if not for the Jets pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Yep, the Pats are capable of both defeating almost anyone and losing to practically everyone...We need more bad weather to help slow down the fastest of the three "ath-a-let-ic" QBs we've faced in a row, plus a spy (Uncle Dugg, SloJuan?) capable of containing the Midget and forcing him to make decisions, not exactly his strength, obviously.

I can't ever root against this team. My heart does not allow it, even if it makes sense.

This feels like a game the Pats will win and will piss me off in a "where was that last week????" kind of way.

Anyway, winning begets winning. Always win.

Who will play LT ?
Herron Onwenu or Eluemunor ?

I would guess Eluemunor but not sure if I would like that !

As long as we haven't been mathematically eliminated......win of course. I was annoyed the Texans beat us, but I respect that a 2-7 team didn't just lay down.
No, they didn't.
They showed that they can win against a team other than JAX.

I’d personally like to see the defense play a lot more as a unit for the remainder of the season. Getting strong play from our rookies and other young key players would be a great sign and give us a baseline of what we’ll need moving into the future.

On offense I’d like cam average atleast 250yards per game and a single TD per game. I don’t care if he gets those through the air or on the ground. And most importantly, he must have a 3-1 TD to turnover ratio. I don’t care much for the outcome. At this point I don’t mind losing those games by a field goal. They’re just as entertaining, but I know the true benefit of the loss.

I think bill can maintain a winning culture despite losing many games. This team
has just the right amount of talent and coaching to remain just the type of team to do so. A team that can hang with the best, but lacks the talent to close tight games.

Here’s to a remainder of a season that’s hopefully filled with close games, followed with an oddly satisfying 2021 draft position.

I see Murray having big day unless Billy stops with horrible game plans against mobile QB's not even attempting to rush them. Then again, Pats don't have anyone even if they tried.

I long for the day BB goes back to his roots and fires up the game plan against coming after Michel Vick and sacking him 10 times.

I’d laugh if the team tanked and lost on purpose and never got back to the playoffs for the rest of the 2020’s. Would serve them right.

And when I’m done laughing I’d start laughing hysterically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News