PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
d%#*!@t! I was going to turn off the draft after the Pats' picked now I gotta wait 28 more picks.

Do yourself a favor and turn it off now. They're going to fleece another team by trading the third for a 2018 7th and a piece of lint.

wow we got killed per trade char

We gave
62 = 284

We received
90 = 140
163 = 26.2
Total 166.2

Difference = -118.2

118.2 is the equivalent to the last pick in the third round. so essentially we gave up a third round pick. that may be one of the most lopsided draft equivalent trades i can remember. at least in terms of percentage loss divided by percentage given up.

I guess we now know that BB doesnt use the draft trade value chart thingy....

So, instead of drafting 2nd round picks, they're going down to a 3rd and 5th?

3rd round under BB
2011 9 73 Stevan Ridley RB Louisiana State
2011 10 74 Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
2010 26 90 Taylor Price WR Ohio
2009 19 83 Brandon Tate WR North Carolina
2009 33 97 Tyrone McKenzie LB South Florida
2008 15 78 Shawn Crable LB Michigan
2008 31 94 Kevin O'Connell QB San Diego State
2006 22 86 Dave Thomas TE Texas
2005 20 84 Ellis Hobbs DB Iowa State
2005 36 100 Nick Kaczur G Toledo
2004 32 95 Guss Scott DB Florida
2001 24 86 Brock Williams DB Notre Dame
2000 14 76 J.R. Redmond RB Arizona State

5th round under BB

2011 7 138 Marcus Cannon T Texas Christian
2011 28 159 Lee Smith TE Marshall
2010 19 150 Zoltan Mesko P Michigan
2009 34 170 George Bussey T Louisville
2008 18 153 Matt Slater WR UCLA
2007 34 171 Clint Oldenburg T Colorado State
2006 3 136 Ryan O'Callaghan G California
2005 34 170 Ryan Claridge LB Nevada-Las Vegas
2004 32 164 P.K. Sam WR Florida State
2003 29 164 Dan Koppen C Boston College
2001 32 163 Hakim Akbar DB Washington
2000 12 141 Dave Stachelski TE Boise State

Sheesh....

BB really doesn't like the quality in this draft.

This isn't a matter of if he works out or not. This is about WHY pick him at 48. Who were they competing against for him. This is a guy that no one has heard about. ESPN didn't know who he was. Kiper and Gruden had NOTHING to say about him because they didn't know who the F$$$K he was....and these are guys who are able to discuss for hours obscure 7th rounders . They were dumbfounded. Again he could very well be a great S and if BB desperately wanted him, there is no question that he could have been gotten at 62.

I can't think of a more stunning pick in the BB era.

Ken - for what it's worth, looks like the Falcons knew all about him - BB resurrects the big nickle!!

Mike Nolan's love affair with the "Big Nickel" formation, where a third safety is thrown into the mix. With this in mind, we'll take a look at another draft prospect who is on the Falcons visit list, Tavon Wilson.

Wilson spent four years at the University of Illinois, splitting his tenure between playing cornerback and safety. At 6'0", 205 lbs. he appears to have some decent power to him, something Nolan would be immediately drawn to.

He was known as a valuable leader for the Fighting Illini, and his college bio page says he was Illinois' honoree for the Big Ten Sportsmanship Award in 2010. These are two qualities we've come to expect out of prospects The Comrade brings in.

In 2011 Wilson was one of the better defenders on a defense that only allowed 19.6 points per game, ranking No. 15 in the nation.

Safety Watch 2012: A Look At Tavon*Wilson - The Falcoholic

I don't have that much problem with the trade. Yes, it isn't great value based on the draft chart, but if that is all they were offered it is better having them reach for another player.

just as an aside, jared crick is still available..... will he fall to us? do we trade the 5th round pick to move up? then trade the 90th pick??

Last edited:
Interesting. In the comments section falcons fans were calling him great value in the 3rd possibly a second. FWIW

what do falcons fans know about winning super bowls? we are in a different league than them. their team can't even move the ball a single yard on fourth down.

So the giants get a great value on the next WR to catch a TD against us in the next Super Bowl.... Right over tavon Wilson.....

Unreal. I remember feeling jealous when the Giants landed Mario Manningham in their draft four years ago, and now they've done it again with Rueben Randle.

If they're after a coverage LB, #90 isn't a bad place to trade too. Josh Kaddu, Terrell Manning. But who the frack knows at this point.

Seems to me that the Falcons would have taken him, so your statement is off......

Mike Nolan's love affair with the "Big Nickel" formation, where a third safety is thrown into the mix. With this in mind, we'll take a look at another draft prospect who is on the Falcons visit list, Tavon Wilson.

Wilson spent four years at the University of Illinois, splitting his tenure between playing cornerback and safety. At 6'0", 205 lbs. he appears to have some decent power to him, something Nolan would be immediately drawn to.

He was known as a valuable leader for the Fighting Illini, and his college bio page says he was Illinois' honoree for the Big Ten Sportsmanship Award in 2010. These are two qualities we've come to expect out of prospects The Comrade brings in.

In 2011 Wilson was one of the better defenders on a defense that only allowed 19.6 points per game, ranking No. 15 in the nation.

Safety Watch 2012: A Look At Tavon*Wilson - The Falcoholic

So Dimitroff liked the guy. Another clue.

So the giants get a great value on the next WR to catch a TD against us in the next Super Bowl.... Right over tavon Wilson.....

OMG i just busted out laughing.... Sooo hard!!!!

Hmmm...looking way down to #90, the best potential pick would be Greg Childs IMO.

So Dimitroff liked the guy. Another clue.

My take on the War Room. Tommy got too many boners from raw athleticism.

/Not sayin this kid won't be good.

It's amazing how fan sentiment can change in the form of one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back