PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how fan sentiment can change in the form of one day.

Lets not forget, we wasted a 1st rounder on a special teamer in 2010, #17 last year on a guy who couldn't play as a rookie because he wasn't strong enough to play, used a 3rd last year on a guy who was only going to play on 3rd and 1, and wasted a 2nd in 2010 on a guy who couldn't play because he missed his Sr year with back surgery and a 4th on a TE who is too small and a pot head.

And thats just the last 2 years.
Do we really want to put any stock in the kneejerk reactions of posters on this board to draft choices?

Casey Hayward, CB from Vanderbilt is much better value at #48 than Tavon Wilson, SS from Illinois!
Yep. You're absolutely right.

Tavon Wilson will play for this team and makes some plays. But at 48? The mind boggles.

Denver moved back 20 spots in the 3rd and got 4th
NE traded back 28 spots from the 2nd to the 3rd and got a 5th.

Casey Hayward, CB from Vanderbilt is much better value at #48 than Tavon Wilson, SS from Illinois!

Except Wilson wasn't just a SS at Illinois. He played FS and CB as well. In fact, he played CB this past year instead of Safety because that's where the team needed him.

That being said, it's still a "WTF" pick, but that's because we don't have nearly the information that the Pats do..

I just read that some teams were in fact ticked off at the Pat's selection of Tavon Wilson and had hoped to get him themselves....

Iowa Barnstormers
Arizona Rattlers
New Orleans Voodoo
Pittsburgh Power

At the end of the day, it's meh. BB's not perfect. I remember when we drafted Tyrone McKenzie in the 3rd round. I remember watching South Florida a lot that year and saw him play and when we picked him in the 3rd I knew right away he wouldn't work out. There's a slew of BB picks that are "doh" but at the same time there are a lot of picks that work out. As long as we have Tom Brady...

..and used a 6th round pick, not a 2nd

Funny how everyone says another bad draft, this and that.... Lets see what happens when the season starts guys. This is a guy, wilson, that knows that he has to bust his ass to see the field.... and he started all but two games at ILL so he's durable. Look at the positives.... This isn't a popularity contest..... Its not like he sucked.... He's just unknown...

And yes i believe that we could have picked him at a later pick in the draft but maybe the offers weren't there. maybe they weren't good enough. So trust in our team guys and support our Patriots!!!

The New England Patriots did not even select the better safety at Illinois.

Trulon Henry
How many SBs has the guy who wrote that report won, since you have decided he is a better judge of these players than BB?

Denver moved back 20 spots in the 3rd and got 4th
NE traded back 28 spots from the 2nd to the 3rd and got a 5th.

Welcome to the open market. The draft chart isn't an absolute, and shifts depending on who is offering deals.

Fisher is a d-bag. Bobby Wade on Rodney Harrison. Never forget.

Powerful post... Still get's me angry when brought up..

Lets not forget, we wasted a 1st rounder on a special teamer in 2010, #17 last year on a guy who couldn't play as a rookie because he wasn't strong enough to play, used a 3rd last year on a guy who was only going to play on 3rd and 1, and wasted a 2nd in 2010 on a guy who couldn't play because he missed his Sr year with back surgery and a 4th on a TE who is too small and a pot head.

Do we really want to put any stock in the kneejerk reactions of posters on this board to draft choices?

You really need to work on your [/sarcasm]

I figure they traded #62 for a 3rd + 5th in order to have the ammo they need to package those two picks and move up to #70.

:bricks:

I'm assuming it is to get 2 7ths this year and a 7th next year

Why do you continue to go down this alley? You look ridiculous for doing it. For every player you name, people can name multiple players who didn't pan out.

You argue a losing hand.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking that 5th has a good chance of going for a veteran. . . .

Remember the griping over SF trading a 4 and next year's 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes