PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just as an aside, jared crick is still available..... will he fall to us? do we trade the 5th round pick to move up? then trade the 90th pick??

I figure they traded #62 for a 3rd + 5th in order to have the ammo they need to package those two picks and move up to #70.

:bricks:

Unreal. I remember feeling jealous when the Giants landed Mario Manningham in their draft four years ago, and now they've done it again with Rueben Randle.

Just be glad those jerks didn't get GRONK!
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Last edited:
Ken - for what it's worth, looks like the Falcons knew all about him - BB resurrects the big nickle!!

Mike Nolan's love affair with the "Big Nickel" formation, where a third safety is thrown into the mix. With this in mind, we'll take a look at another draft prospect who is on the Falcons visit list, Tavon Wilson.

Wilson spent four years at the University of Illinois, splitting his tenure between playing cornerback and safety. At 6'0", 205 lbs. he appears to have some decent power to him, something Nolan would be immediately drawn to.

He was known as a valuable leader for the Fighting Illini, and his college bio page says he was Illinois' honoree for the Big Ten Sportsmanship Award in 2010. These are two qualities we've come to expect out of prospects The Comrade brings in.

In 2011 Wilson was one of the better defenders on a defense that only allowed 19.6 points per game, ranking No. 15 in the nation.

Safety Watch 2012: A Look At Tavon*Wilson - The Falcoholic

Nothing in that piece suggests a need for the Patriots to take him when they did.

This makes no sense on value chart...gave up pick #62 ( 284 points) for pick #90 and #163 (140 and 26.2 points) WTF????

Maybe we owed Green Bay for Nick McDonald, informerly.

Think we could have used Randle and/or Curry?

Last time BB and Co. took their ball and went home (2007 draft) the Giants cleaned up.

They've also beat us twice in the Super Bowl because we have players who can't catch, can't cover and can't rush the passer.

So by all means treat another ******* draft as a joke. We're all set apparently.

wow first a pothead now a rapist...... Thats crazy. jeff fisher does not give a sht about character concerns.......

haha...Indy, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...:D

Casey Hayward, CB from Vanderbilt is much better value at #48 than Tavon Wilson, SS from Illinois!

At the end of the day, it's meh. BB's not perfect. I remember when we drafted Tyrone McKenzie in the 3rd round. I remember watching South Florida a lot that year and saw him play and when we picked him in the 3rd I knew right away he wouldn't work out. There's a slew of BB picks that are "doh" but at the same time there are a lot of picks that work out. As long as we have Tom Brady...

Piece of **** Indy looking to duplicate success

wow first a pothead now a rapist...... Thats crazy. jeff fisher does not give a sht about character concerns.......

He welcomes it, they're more likely to maim the other players without question.

Think we could have used Randle and/or Curry?

Last time BB and Co. took their ball and went home (2007 draft) the Giants cleaned up.

They've also beat us twice in the Super Bowl because we have players who can't catch, can't cover and can't rush the passer.

So by all means treat another ******* draft as a joke. We're all set apparently.

You should probably take a break and stop making a fool of yourself.

Sweet mother of god, Jeff Fisher loves delinquents..

EDIT: ER' delinquents

Last edited:
It's amazing how fan sentiment can change in the form of one day.

Lulz! I was just thinking that. I know I've gone from one extreem to the other.

Somebody ban this fool for this statement, please.

Do me a favor and bite me! :D sorry you can't handle the truth :D

Tell me that you don't feel the same level of frustration to see what could be a very good WR that many posters here were hoping for the pats to take, get taken by the fawking giants... After we take a nobody, and then trade out of the spot ahead of sad pick for half of its value... So please go back to whatever hole you came out of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back