PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Wilson seemed to be something of a hot commodity leading up to the draft.

Took visits to San Diego, Houston, Arizona, Tampa, Indianapolis, and Tom Dimitroff worked him out personally in Atlanta.

Big deal. Pats work out hundreds of players every year, including many whom they may target as UDFA, or have absolutely no interest in. Most players who visit the Pats don't get drafted by them. Doesn't mean they have 2nd round interest in all of them.

Yup...can't complain at all. We needed D and we went D.

Who ya'll got as winners/losers after day 2?

Winners: Pats,Bucs,Eagles,Steelers,Bengals,Chargers

Losers: Jets(boom or bust),Seahawks,Ravens(pretty much owned in the 1st round),Chiefs(Poe vs Cox?),Browns

I'm humored by those who say Hill was a bad pick (boom or bust) but Wilson was a good pick (trust BB). Hill actually was productive and there are reports that say he can run all the routes. It's hard to find any report that vouches for Wilson at 48 (and teams having him in for visits doesn't cut it).

I'm humored by those who say Hill was a bad pick (boom or bust) but Wilson was a good pick (trust BB). Hill actually was productive and there are reports that say he can run all the routes. It's hard to find any report that vouches for Wilson at 48 (and teams having him in for visits doesn't cut it).

Well, that says it all. Popularity is the measure of future success! Got it. :bricks:

This hasn't been a good weekend for Bedard.

Yeah, Bedard's Thursday article about drafting for 2013 draft obviously missed the mark. He hasn't been very strong at predicting who the Pats would take.

But I can't disagree with much of his assessment here. Watching Bequette on video he seems to have the same type of pursuit we saw in Wright. As for Bequette getting more snaps than Jones: Everything I've read is that Jones will take some time and coaching to reach his potential; while actual snap count might not favor Bequette at season's end, I wouldn't be surprised if it was close.

Since Hill is a Jet I hope he will be a bust. OTOH I hope Wilson is the second coming of R Harrison. YMMV.

Re: The Official NFL Draft Day 2 threatwod

You are so jaded you are blind.
The posters who are saying don't pass judgment based upon a lack of information are exactly the ones that don't go around trashing other teams moves.
There are a number of posters on this board who consistently offer opinions that they do not want to judge without taking time to see what happens. You ripped into one of them in this thread telling him he wasn't allowed to wait to find out a justification for the pick.
See, this is why you are King Dooche around here, because you want to tell everyone what they think, you want to tell everyone what the reason to post is and you want to dismiss everyone who has a differing opinion than you with comments like this.
I would bet there are none of those poster who made comments about giving him a chance who ever or at least rarely 'kill pretty much any other team' about anything.
However, you have decided that you know what those folks are thinking, and have judged them to be dishonest about the opinions they post.
You ruin the discussion on this board with your arrogance.

You two should just start a "I hate you and I need to have last word" thread . Why do you buy into his sh!t Andy? 28,000 plus posts of I've got all the answers. Throw the worm out and the fish catches the bait.

And yes, Deus, you also lesson the board with your constant "I'm the omnipitant poster who is never wrong about anything hiding behind my keyboard" attitude. It's really annoying.

The 2 of you are better than that and well informed. Contribute to the site without all the contrarian vitriol.

This site is called "PatsFans" in case you've forgotten.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye