PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Several scouting reports mentioned his bad attitude and inflated ego according to ESPN's commentary. Grain of salt but scouting reports are scouting reports.

Hey, before you write BS about Bequette, maybe you should check other sources too. Like what the fans of the Razorbacks had to say about him.
Jake Bequette's Personality?

Uh...I've met Bequette many times and he has been nothing short of a gentleman.
This is the first time I have read anything concerning Jake that raises any kind of character issues.

Hey, before you write BS about Bequette, maybe you should check other sources too. Like what the fans of the Razorbacks had to say about him.
Jake Bequette's Personality?

Uh...I've met Bequette many times and he has been nothing short of a gentleman.
This is the first time I have read anything concerning Jake that raises any kind of character issues.

That's why I said "reportedly" silly goose. They said it on air. Mail them an indignant letter.

This is the last straw for me!!!...this guy wasn't even at the combine!! How arrogant can BB get??? He goes out to where this bust lives and works him out with the staff and decides to take him!!! Unbelievably arrogant!!!! I can't take it anymore!! Ruined the whole draft for me...I just can't stand it anymore...5 measley appearances in the Super Bowl the last decade...9 worthless division titles...wasting all this time going to the playoffs every season...I'm getting real sick of BB's act!!! Ruined the draft!!!

Jeezus, why can't he just ONCE do what Mel Kiper and the rest of the people who REALLY know football suggest and take the player who was rated by the experts on DraftGump.com to go in the second round??? Why does he do this???? Going out and interviewing this kid like HE, Bill Belichick knows anything about football talent...Sick of it...sick of it all...ruined the draft....other teams move up in the draft and take studs like Vernon Gholston while we always move down and pick up leftovers like Mayo...and now THIS!!!...ruined the draft...ruined the season....ruined my life...

ruins-poster-2.jpg

Hilarious ! ROFLOL !!:rocker::singing::singing::singing:

That's why I said "reportedly" silly goose. They said it on air. Mail them an indignant letter.

So this is how rumours get started. That scout invented the stuff to smear Bequette. The responses of the Razorbacks fans are pretty revealing.

Just so i can get this straight... in the above post your saying that, althought it is a valid point that there are examples of people initially not likeing/saying what? to a draft pick and it turning out great for the pats.

But because andy is saying it it's wrong and it makes more sense to disregard those facts because you generally disagree?

... a pretty petty possition from someone who as a poster thinks they are logical.

Its par for the course. He responds as if a post says something that it does not, so he can throw out an obligatory insult, then argues that he knows what the other persons opinion is better than they do themselves. When called out, he pretends to put them on ignore. I have blown apart arguments he makes, and then calls people stupid for disagreeing with, which leads to him pullling the pretend to ignore so he can run away and act like he can't see the comments.
He is a complete dooshbag who clearly has no life and must try to be an internet tough guy.

Why do you insist on throwing an insult at anyone who tries to have a discussion with you. It makes you look like a jerk

That wasn't an insult. That was me speaking my opinion based on your posts. You clearly don't know the team well enough to understand that Fanene is NOT a 4-3 DE and won't be in the Pats Base 4-3 defense.

No, this is wrong. In BELICHICKS 43, the LDE is the same as a 34 DE. Last year 2 people played LDE, Ellis and Deaderick.

Wrong. Belichick's 4-3 LDE is NOT the same as his 3-4 LDE. They line up in very different places and have very different jobs. And more than just Ellis and Deaderick played there last year. Ninkovich and Carter also spent time there.

I'm talking about the 43, arent you?
I'm talking about IN GENERAL, not just the 4-3. I made that very clear in my initial response to you. Maybe you should go back and re-read it if you are confused.

Now, lets talk about the 3-4 LDE position under Belichick. The player there has always been better against the run than at rushing the passer. Players like Bobby Hamilton and Ty Warren. And this is because they are, typically, lining up opposite the strong side of the offense.

Now, if we go with your idea that the 3-4 /4-3 LDE position is the same, that would mean that you are sticking him outside and putting him in a position that he's not used to lining up in. Which is that of the inside pass rusher. In Belichick's 4-3, the DTs (inside pass rushers) are lined up opposite the guards or shaded into the "A" gaps. On occasion, one or the other will shade into the "B" gap, but it's not often you see that.

Where he plays in sub packages has nothing to do with where he plays in the base. I've made about 50 posts discussing he will be our best inside sub package rusher.
We are discussing the 43 not sub packages.
In the 43, Fanene would be a LDE, in the 34 he could play DE on either side.

You need to go back and re-read my initial post instead of being contrarian.
Fanene will not be a LDE in either the Pats 3-4 base or the Pats 4-3 Base. He'll be a RDE in the 3-4 or a DT in the 4-3. Plain and simple.

Because he is not starter quality. That is my opinion. Are you saying yours is worth more?

Nope. I'm saying your opinion is flawed and clearly not based on what Love showed last year.

I know you left him out, and right now he is #3 in the 43 DT rotation. Thin.

You have no idea where Brace is in the rotation. You are not privy to any of the depth charts. Hell, there probably aren't any depth charts currently because the team hasn't come close to being set.

I know why you listed him, I don't know why you used him to conclude we aren;t thin there. Surely someone as smart as you can understand if you listed him because he once played there, and he is one of only 3 43 DTs you listed, you just proved my point that we are thin.

Of course you don't know why. That is typical you. But, then, you didn't actually read my initial post in response to you. If you had, you wouldn't have parroted things I said about Pryor two posts later as if you were making so amazing correction to me. But that is typical of you as well. If someone shows you to incorrect in any way, you purposely go out of your way to warp what they've said so that you can look intelligent.

Now. Stop being contrarian. Admist you are as clueless as the rest of us and move on. Or aren't you capable of doing so?

Not to mention haven't we heard the same lines about those guys would have been available later and we shouldnt have picked em that early about guys like Sebastian Vollmer and Stevan Ridley? Who's glad that BB 'reached' for them now? *raises hand*

The only thing that worries me about the Tavon Wilson pick is that the Patriots have traditionally not done very well drafting DBs in round 2. Eugene Wilson and Chung being the exceptions. Well at least the exceptions are at safety so maybe we have hope. :)

Theres no way you and I not being in the draft rooms and being privy to information would know whether or nor he could be had with a later pick. If the Pats had him as the top rated safety on the board whos to say another team didnt

So this is how rumours get started. That scout invented the stuff to smear Bequette. The responses of the Razorbacks fans are pretty revealing.

Fair enough. I feel dirty now.

Stupid ESPN.

These who's got a bigger **** arguments are getting ******* annoying already.

Why don't you PM yourselves.

Last edited:

Don't mind Patsderoer, no one else does. He get's all riled up if you so much as say "Boo" about one of his binkies. Like Derek Wolfe.. :rolleyes:

Theres no way you and I not being in the draft rooms and being privy to information would know whether or nor he could be had with a later pick. If the Pats had him as the top rated safety on the board whos to say another team didnt

I think a Jets poster summed this up pretty well, before he went off the deep end with the rest of his post:

Can you imagine how everyone would have tarred and feathered the Jets had they opted to do something so stupid? This guy wasn't even ranked in the top 100 players in the draft.

Again, this guy could turn out to be the next Ed Reed. However, the bottom line is that many of the very same people who are saying "Give Tavon a chance" would be killing pretty much any other team who'd made the exact same move. Well, sauce for the goose...

Last edited:
Very happy with the draft so far...

Yup...can't complain at all. We needed D and we went D.

Who ya'll got as winners/losers after day 2?

Winners: Pats,Bucs,Eagles,Steelers,Bengals,Chargers

Losers: Jets(boom or bust),Seahawks,Ravens(pretty much owned in the 1st round),Chiefs(Poe vs Cox?),Browns

Last edited:
Happy isn't a word that does justice. I'm totally jacked about how the draft unfolded. Not one single offensive player drafted in the first two rounds. Thanks you BB for finally drafting young, big, athletic, playmaking DE/OLBs and for NOT drafting another WR on days 1 and 2.

Winners: Pats,Bucs,Eagles,Steelers,Bengals

Losers: Jets(boom or bust),Seahawks,Ravens(pretty much owned in the 1st round),Chiefs(Poe vs Cox?),Browns

1. Rams
2. Minnesota
3. Pats

The Browns reeked of desperation.

Don't mind Patsderoer, no one else does. He get's all riled up if you so much as say "Boo" about one of his binkies. Like Derek Wolfe.. :rolleyes:

Don't want to rub it in, but I was right about Wolfe. He went at the start of the second round.

As for "boo", it wasn't just "boo" about Bequette, that BS was serious accusations about him. Painting him like a locker room cancer, very serious business. I don't need you to believe me, maybe you will believe the Razorbacks fans, who know him very well.

Winners: Pats,Bucs,Eagles,Steelers,Bengals,Chargers

Considering FA and the Draft and excluding the Pats..

Winner - Tampa, Dallas, Bills(The Bills are going to be a problem next year, book it) and San Fran(SF gets a winner b/c they drafted my main man Lamichael James - Love this pick, Woodhead on Crack..)

Loser - Broncos and Seahawks..

Best pick - The Jags taking a punter, b/c like Rich Eisen says - "PUNTERS ARE PEOPLE TOO"

Last edited:
1. Rams
2. Minnesota
3. Pats

The Browns reeked of desperation.

Ops yeah...i gotta agree on Rams and Vikings. I liked what the Rams did in later rounds.

That wasn't an insult. That was me speaking my opinion based on your posts. You clearly don't know the team well enough to understand that Fanene is NOT a 4-3 DE and won't be in the Pats Base 4-3 defense.
The fact that you are wrong only accentuates the point. Your OPINION is not better than someone elses, and your method of communicating is insulting.
Fanene is a LDE in the 43 defense. You cannot know anything about the player to disagree with that. What position do you think he plays in the 43?

Wrong. Belichick's 4-3 LDE is NOT the same as his 3-4 LDE. They line up in very different places and have very different jobs. And more than just Ellis and Deaderick played there last year. Ninkovich and Carter also spent time there.
They are the same PLAYERS not the same aligmment.
Ninkovich and Carter NEVER played a single snap at LDE in the 43 base defense. You either don't know what you are talking abut or are lying.
Carter never played on the left side, and Ninkovich only lines up at DE in sub packages, not in a 43.

I'm talking about IN GENERAL, not just the 4-3.
THe discussion is about the 43.

I made that very clear in my initial response to you. Maybe you should go back and re-read it if you are confused.
I did. Here is your first response.
Wilfork, Love, Deaderick, Pryor, and Fanene would be the DTs in the 4-3.

Do you see where you say "in the 4-3" nit IN GENERAL?

Now, lets talk about the 3-4 LDE position under Belichick. The player there has always been better against the run than at rushing the passer. Players like Bobby Hamilton and Ty Warren. And this is because they are, typically, lining up opposite the strong side of the offense.
What are you talking about? What doies this have to do with anything?
Those players played LDE because Richard Seymour played RDE.
In any event, we have always used 2 300lb range DEs in the 34, and when we play the 43 we use a 300lb range LDE, a NT type and a 300 lb range DT, and the RDE is a guy who would be an OLB in the 34. It has ALWAYS been that way.

Now, if we go with your idea that the 3-4 /4-3 LDE position is the same,
Yo Strawman, same player, not same position.

that would mean that you are sticking him outside and putting him in a position that he's not used to lining up in. Which is that of the inside pass rusher.
What? Where do you think the 34 DE lines up? They are over the T.

In Belichick's 4-3, the DTs (inside pass rushers) are lined up opposite the guards or shaded into the "A" gaps. On occasion, one or the other will shade into the "B" gap, but it's not often you see that.
Its the same 3 players. In the 34 they align over the T-C-T. In the 43 they align over the T-G-G (and sometimes overshift to the C)

You need to go back and re-read my initial post instead of being contrarian.
Glad you learned a new word, but you are misusing it. A contrarian disagrees with the popular perception.
I am disagreeing with your incorrect factal statements.

Fanene will not be a LDE in either the Pats 3-4 base or the Pats 4-3 Base. He'll be a RDE in the 3-4 or a DT in the 4-3. Plain and simple.
I already said he will play DE on either side in the 34. He will not be a DT in the 43. He is smaller and quicker than a 43 DE. He is most similar to Deaderick, not Love, Wilfork or Brace. He is not a DT in our base 43. Noit at all. He is a DT in the sub package, but that is a different topic altogether.

Nope. I'm saying your opinion is flawed and clearly not based on what Love showed last year.
How is my opinion 'flawed'? What is the flaw? That you disagree?
We were stuck with Love as a starter and he played medicore footballl. He was a part of the problem with the 31st ranked defense, not a part of the solution.

You have no idea where Brace is in the rotation. You are not privy to any of the depth charts. Hell, there probably aren't any depth charts currently because the team hasn't come close to being set.
Its not hard to understand that when you have 4 DTs to speak of and one of the 4 has played something like 9 games in 2 years, he would be 3rd on the depth chart. Please explain who is ahead of hin if you idisagree.

Of course you don't know why. That is typical you. But, then, you didn't actually read my initial post in response to you.
Yes I did, and I copied some of it in here. You listed Pryor as an example of why we aren't thin at DT. Then you said you only listed him because thats is where he played once. You can't make up that you said something different that you didn't.

If you had, you wouldn't have parroted things I said about Pryor two posts later as if you were making so amazing correction to me.
I didnt 'parrot' anything you said, I said he has barely played in 2 years.

But that is typical of you as well. If someone shows you to incorrect in any way, you purposely go out of your way to warp what they've said so that you can look intelligent.
Thats ridiculous. I stated we are thin at DT in the 43. You responded by listing a bunch of DEs, and Myron Pryor.
Please tell me what you said that I have misrepresented. I have no intention of misrperesenting what you say, just discussing it and pointing out the errors. The problem is you change what you said and say you didn't say what you did.
Of course then it turns into this "You are this, you are that, blah, bla, blah' condescending insulting discourse that seems to be your only card.

Now. Stop being contrarian. Admist you are as clueless as the rest of us and move on. Or aren't you capable of doing so?
What?
No I am not capable of saying I am clueless about the fact that we are thin at DT in a 43 defense, because we are.
There are facts here. If you feel you are clueless, which you just said you are, why are you disagreeing?
You must own a lot of Excedrin stock.
By the way, please do your best to get some really good insults in. Tell me how I know nothing, I am stupid, whatever you wish. You have the last word, becuase this is completely pointless to continue. I should have known better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the arguments going on in this thread is like:

m45125213.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back