PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments regarding tonight's NFL Draft on this thread.
The draft starts at 7PM tonight for rounds 2&3. The Patriots have picks #48 & 62 at this time.

Here are some informational links:

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Rankings

NFL Draft - 2012 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

2012 NFL Draft Tracker - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Mike Mayock's top 100 NFL draft prospect rankings - NFL.com

Just as a side note, Mayock has Chandler Jones as #9 and Hightower as #15 overall.

Enjoy tonight's draft, I know that I enjoyed last nights draft.

I'm expecting a CB tonight, one of Casey Hayward, Trumaine Johnson, and Josh Robinson especially.

Tonight could be almost as dramatic yesterday. There's a lot of good talent at the top of the second half, lots of teams picked up extra picks yesterday with the trades and then there's a cliff on the talent level in the early to mid third round. We could also see a few "reaches" with the depth of talent on the board.

I'm expecting a CB tonight, one of Casey Hayward, Trumaine Johnson, and Josh Robinson especially.

I'm hoping and betting on the first name on that list.

Tonight could be almost as dramatic yesterday. There's a lot of good talent at the top of the second half, lots of teams picked up extra picks yesterday with the trades and then there's a cliff on the talent level in the early to mid third round. We could also see a few "reaches" with the depth of talent on the board.

I can't remember a 1st round that went by so fast as last nights. At one time 3 picks had been made while Goodell was handing out laundry to the last player named.

I don't know why he has to give out the big girlie hug to every player. A simple handshake and a pat on the back would do nicely.:cool:

I can't remember a 1st round that went by so fast as last nights. At one time 3 picks had been made while Goodell was handing out laundry to the last player named.

I don't know why he has to give out the big girlie hug to every player. A simple handshake and a pat on the back would do nicely.:cool:

It's the photo ops that takes the most time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hearing his name a lot today, but I'm not making sense of it right now, based upon both on-field and off-field questions. Please, sell me on Johnson, just in case.

He is not on my list- see Patriots Day 2 thread- he is not a hard worker- not a team player- and thinks he's better that he is. Last week I had posted in the draft forum that one NFL scout called him a jerk.

He has the physical talent but his head comes with it.

Three hours is perfect for a Thursday night.

Besides, considering how fast we had our picks in; the league should move to give the patrots multiple first round picks.

What's your take on him?( Hayward)

If reading and reacting to the QB was all it took to go in the first round, he'd be a lock. Makes excellent jumps and plays on the ball in the air. Should make more interceptions than he does (he had seven passes broken up in one game v Arkansas and no ints). He's a game tackler although it's not a huge strength. Not sure I'd want him on the outside, but as a slot or safety, I think he'll fit in nicely.

Trumaine Johnson/Ja. Jenkins and Stephen Hill would be an incredible draft.

He is not on my list- see Patriots Day 2 thread- he is not a hard worker- not a team player- and thinks he's better that he is. Last week I had posted in the draft forum that one NFL scout called him a jerk.

One of the other options is Brandon Boykins. He is short though. Do we want another short, albeit fast corner? Or are the memories of Darius Butler too painful?

Bedard mocked Trumain Johnson to the Pats in the first round. I think he's a good value in the second. Good size, 6'2", good speed and ball skills.

From what I've read Casey Heyward isn't the best man coverage guy. See Devin McCourty.

Oh yeah, and there have been multiple reports that Jenkins isn't happening. So don't get your hopes up.

Don't know college players but SIRIUS NFL radio guys said Hill was the worst route runner. Not a good attribute for the Brady style offense.

Add brandon boykin to that list. We need someone who can return kicks as well. Boykin can do just that. He's got 4.4speed.

from twitter:

Hearing interest for CB Ron Brooks, #LSU is really picking up w/ the #Seahawks + #Patriots big players in the 2nd Round. #NFLDraft

Wouldn't surprise me, he's the player we've shown the most active interest in pre-draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots