PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must've traded WAY down because GB doesn't pick again till 90...

That trade is weaksauce....

AdamSchefter: New England traded second-round pick to Green Bay for Packers third- and fifth-round picks. Patriots back in the draft Saturday. [via Twitter]

Too bad, Flemming still on the board, Robinson, T Johnson, Chapman,Heyward, Lewis.

It makes absolutely zero sense to draft Wilson at 48 when they are picking again at 62 UNLESS they legitimately believed another team would take him in between those picks.

And the Pats response should have been to let them pick him. He couldn't possibly have been the highest rated player on their board. There are 20 other safeties of equal ability who would be available in the 6th round or UDFA.

Usually you don't take bottom of the roster talent at 48

Last edited:
The Eagles are going to go with an 10 man front this year. Ten d-linemen and Asomougha and DRC.

Ooops.... 12 men on the field. Should have gone with a 9 man front. No wonder I repeated the first grade three times.

wow we moved wayyy down. Fine with me if it's another WTF guy that BB wants.

I don't like this trade...we trade down 28 picks and only get a fifth back? BB must loathe this draft class.

Now it's starting to make sense. I bet we wanted to trade the last one to.

Tavon Wilson, a reach at the fourth round, is our Jeff Lagerman of the NE Patriots.

Perfectly dreadful.

Boykin or Worthy would have much more sense.

Then NE trades back for very little. What a disaster tonight has become. There's still some talent out there.

Lavonte David? Hello.

Why didn't they at least take Randle with that pick? FFS

The 49ers RB core is fun.

Ah, a draft pick we have never heard of, and a trade back...
…The world is right again…

They went down 28 spots to #90 to pick up a fifth. Good night.

This isn't a matter of if he works out or not. This is about WHY pick him at 48. Who were they competing against for him. This is a guy that no one has heard about. ESPN didn't know who he was. Kiper and Gruden had NOTHING to say about him because they didn't know who the F$$$K he was....and these are guys who are able to discuss for hours obscure 7th rounders . They were dumbfounded. Again he could very well be a great S and if BB desperately wanted him, there is no question that he could have been gotten at 62.

I can't think of a more stunning pick in the BB era.

This says it all. It cuts through all the bulls..t BB needs to answer this--and directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes