PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that's interesting to me is how long they got at LB. Nink and Mayo, as well as Fletcher, are stubby, but Jones, Hightower, Spikes, and Cunningham have length. More of a basketball term in terms of looking at players but these guys can cause some havoc over the middle or on the rush.

I am shocked and amazed by the Pats 1st round!
Chandler and Hightower?
I never dreamed this would happen!
2 stud linebackers in the 1st round for the Pats?

Not only THAT. But the Pats TRADED UP to get them! Which shows me that BB really believes in these guys.

I guess the fans who have been begging for linebackers for the past years are finally happy!

The Pats defense might take the step to the next level in 2012! More versatility and talent at LBer. You want passrushers? Here you go! :)

This year we'll see Eli on his backside and not throwing 50 yard bombs but even if he gets one off in comes Janoris Jenkins to pick him off (fingers crossed we get him). Happy days

so back down to reality guys..... we have not one pick after the 2nd round. none for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th..... Idk how i feel about that. somebody please make me feel better lol.

How many guys can we have make the team? Better to get quality over quantity

so back down to reality guys..... we have not one pick after the 2nd round. none for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th..... Idk how i feel about that. somebody please make me feel better lol.

There are not a lot of spots on the roster that later round picks would have a great chance of making the team.

OMG we are back at 31 we traded up again!

Dont'a Hightower was the leader and captain of the best defense in college football. Quality pick for the Patriots, and thank god they had the guts to jump the Ravens.

Ravens just gave up and traded out of the round :rocker:

Traded out the 3rd and 4th, still have both second rd picks.

With all the picks over the past 3 years it seems BB wanted quality over quantity. and saw the opprotunity to get guys he felt strongly about.

Cunningham better be ready to being it if he wants to earn a roster spot.

Thanks for the info. So there is still a chance my Binkie Crick will be drafted by BB Cmon!!!!!

hightower and jones? this is my wet dream, lets just get janoris jenkins in the second round and we are set...

He probably got arrested twice during the broadcast.

Still had time to impregnate two more women too.

The whole ESPN crew was high on Hightower (no pun intended) and from what i've seen he's a beast and so is Jones.

Tom Curran compares Hightower to Ted Johnson; loved TJ as a player but I wonder if Hightower might end up a bit better.

There are not a lot of spots on the roster that later round picks would have a great chance of making the team.

Exactly roster spaces are sparce, this is a win now team on Offense and Defense.

Anyone think there is a chance we move around some to get Harrison Smith and address our issues at all 3 levels of the defense this year? I'm not going to be shocked by anything, I could see us trading one of our 2nds and a mid to late round pick next year to get Harrison if we feel someone else is looking at him.

HAHA Ravens move back now. Like the move for MIN as long as they don't blow the pick.

Jets get a guy w/ a crappy motor. We get 2 guys who run at full throttle the whole game. Also 2 more guys who were team captains. BB clearly valued these guys. LB should be a strength of the team sometime soon. Mayo (1), Hightower (1), Jones (1), Spikes (2), Nink and Fletcher could become a dominating group.

The roster depth after all the picks last year + FA this year means not a lot of roster sport available for later round picks this year. 4 (hopefully) quality rookies + this year's UDFA + Fa signings = loaded roster.

Love to see Carter signed.

OMG we are back at 31 we traded up again!

This is my cue to either 1) wonder if I am hallucinating or 2) publicly go on record as joining the Cream Myself Brigade :D

When I saw all of the free agents that were signed this offseason, I started to wonder how many rookies they would draft? It just seemed that there wouldn't be much room for a lot of rookies. What they are doing makes sense. BB drafted a lot of players over the past 3 years. They will probably use the two picks tomorrow or trade one of them.

Depth picks were signed in free agency, so they're not needed via the draft. The team needs front line players on defense and at WR. That's where the 4 picks in the first 2 rounds come in.

OMG we are picking at 31!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe