PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Eclipse and Goodell

Does anyone know that the contract numbers are?

In any event, I'd very much like the owners to know that I could screw up the league and alienate the fans at a fraction of whatever you're planning on paying Roger.

I think they gave up the non profit status, so they don't have to declare his salary?

OT: I just spent a half hour staring directly at the sun through "special" glasses that probably cost $0.07 to make. I assume I'm going to be blind by tomorrow.
Wouldn't be so sure of that. My vision is excellent after decades of chronic masturbation.

I'm vacationing down in South Carolina with my wife and another couple (also Pats fans) and we were able to see the total eclipse. Quite amazing, but unfortunately, no anti-Goodell message was revealed when the sky went dark.

the message is inside a closet back in NYC. "Hey Roger, c'mere and see the eclipse...hurry!"...the stupid ba$tard runs into the closet where he finds himself in total darkness. "Wowee...way cool, guys!" he exclaims...before being beat to a pulp by mini sledgehammers. "Duck Roger...it's a meteor storm in the eclipse! Ooops...too late..."...don't laugh...not only could it happen, it SHOULD happen.

... and Belichick cracked a smile at today's press conference. Strange times indeed.

I don't know how anyone could think that Goodell is maximizing their profits. The league office is loaded with mediocrities. The dip in ratings last year is the kind of thing that gets a CEO canned.
I personally felt disgusted with myself paying the 99$ for NFL Game Pass, but I'm an NFL-aholic.

662f21c0d8b8c75e053ce9e6b12d6e45.jpg
The higher court decision set back both players' rights, and also human rights by half a century or more. Berman's reasoning is simple: OK to have total authority; not OK to just make sh*t up about someone because he plays for a certain team, or you don't like him, or he's a skin color you are prejudiced against, or he said something true that morons were offended by. And, not OK to punish said person like he committed bloody murder.

From the NFL/Goodell Dictionary:

integrity, noun: moral perversion; depravity; disgrace

"The integrity of the game is the most important thing," Goodell said. "The integrity of the game is something we will always protect. The rules apply to everybody we choose. That is my job in particular, to make sure everyone from our players to our coaches, to our fans and our partners, that they all recognize we're going to play by our own set of rules, and that's part of our values and standards."

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back