PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Eclipse and Goodell

This Elipse thing is from Game of Thrones or something, right?

I hope Roger takes a good long look at the eclipse today without glasses. After all, we know he doesn't believe in the most basic science.

With our dumb luck he'll view it when it's 100%. :(

662f21c0d8b8c75e053ce9e6b12d6e45.jpg

I mean...

Why?

I know these owners are hesitant to can a guy who is helping them print boatloads of money (bad press be damned)... but he looks worse every year. Why make the commitment? Why not just ride it out and see how awful he looks at the end of next year and then make the decision then?

These owners truly don't care about PR, it seems.

These owners are pure evil..just like him

I really love that there is a bad thunderstorm roaring through this area right now. If I have to work through the eclipse then I don't want anyone to see it.

Jerry Jones was likely instrumental in pulling together Goodells new contract and then Roger bent him over once the details were finalized and the contract went to print.

I see that Kraft is back at Goodells #1 BFF. Rog was up in the Kraft booth.

I'm a little surprised, with the labor contract coming up.

Actually I think it makes a great deal of sense.

If the players want Goodell to give up some or all of his disciplinary power, then the owners will want something in return - such as a longer season, or a change in the percentage of revenue sharing.

If the players balk at that idea then Goodell retains his Article 46 powers. Then if at some point the NFLPA complains about the abuse of power, the NFL quickly responds by pointing out that the players agreed to the parameters of the contract negotiations; ie, they have no reason to complain because they should have taken care of that in the most recent CBA.

OT: I just spent a half hour staring directly at the sun through "special" glasses that probably cost $0.07 to make. I assume I'm going to be blind by tomorrow.

Figures, it's a total eclipse of the heart.

Sorry I have used that pun way too much today.

I really love that there is a bad thunderstorm roaring through this area right now. If I have to work through the eclipse then I don't want anyone to see it.

Honestly unless it's a total eclipse in your area where you can view it with the naked eye it's no big deal if you've already seen one before. The cool part is when the sky gets dark.

Actually I think it makes a great deal of sense.

If the players want Goodell to give up some or all of his disciplinary power, then the owners will want something in return - such as a longer season, or a change in the percentage of revenue sharing.

If the players balk at that idea then Goodell retains his Article 46 powers. Then if at some point the NFLPA complains about the abuse of power, the NFL quickly responds by pointing out that the players agreed to the parameters of the contract negotiations; ie, they have no reason to complain because they should have taken care of that in the most recent CBA.

The NFLPA needs to go on strike for the long haul. I'm talking years maybe. That's the only way to get what's fair, and not give up anything the greedy owners wants that is a detriment to safety. But the players won't like that. That's their money.

Honestly unless it's a total eclipse in your area where you can view it with the naked eye it's no big deal if you've already seen one before. The cool part is when the sky gets dark.

I sat on my couch, in air-conditioned splendour, cold "drinks" to hand, and watched the eclipse through NASA's live feed on my flatscreen.

Wikkid pissah, that!

Does anyone know that the contract numbers are?

In any event, I'd very much like the owners to know that I could screw up the league and alienate the fans at a fraction of whatever you're planning on paying Roger.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back