PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Eclipse and Goodell

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Report: Roger Goodell close to contract extension through 2024

Well, today's eclipse seems ominous given the news on the extension of The Clown.

clowndell.jpg

It does remind me of the movie, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court:

CONNECTICUT-YANKEEcomp.jpg

Bing Crosby's Character saves himself (based on a Mark Twain story, plot hinges on belief in Time Travel) by predicting a blotting out of the Sun.

I fear there is no saving the fans from the Labor strife on the horizon.

The owners including Kraft love Goodell, they care more about making money than they care about botched player discipline cases.

The owners only criticise Goodell publicly to please their fans after he suspends one of their players then they invite him around to their house and they all drink champagne together and laugh about how much money they are all making.

This is just further proof that all the Kraft/Jerry Jones public hostility to Goodell is just all for show, they love him.

I mean...

Why?

I know these owners are hesitant to can a guy who is helping them print boatloads of money (bad press be damned)... but he looks worse every year. Why make the commitment? Why not just ride it out and see how awful he looks at the end of next year and then make the decision then?

These owners truly don't care about PR, it seems.

The owners including Kraft love Goodell, they care more about making money than they care about botched player discipline cases.

The owners only criticise Goodell publicly to please their fans after he suspends one of their players then they invite him around to their house and they all drink champagne together and laugh about how much money they are all making.

This is just further proof that all the Kraft/Jerry Jones public hostility to Goodell is just all for show, they love him.

I don't know how anyone could think that Goodell is maximizing their profits. The league office is loaded with mediocrities. The dip in ratings last year is the kind of thing that gets a CEO canned.

I'n telling you the only way Goodell leaves is if he's arrested.

If only the eclipsapalooza would swallow Goodell* whole.

Pretty stupid and bad foresight. This guy's idiotic moves and tinkering with the league is eventually going to cost them a lot of money. He must have nudes on them with farm animals.

I mean...

Why?

I know these owners are hesitant to can a guy who is helping them print boatloads of money (bad press be damned)... but he looks worse every year. Why make the commitment? Why not just ride it out and see how awful he looks at the end of next year and then make the decision then?

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

I'm a little surprised, with the labor contract coming up.

Under Goodell the philosophy has been to drive a hard bargain and then force the NFLPA to sue to get what they agreed to.

I wouldn't run a business that way. As much as it felt like Tagliabue gave away the store, the parties treated each other with mutual respect. No such respect now -- as long as Roger stays.

I'd stipulate that Goodell knows the whole truth behind the CTE scandal and his job buys his silence.

Further proof that just because you are rich doesn't make you smart.

I personally think that Goodell should have his citzenship revoked and be deported to Iraq with no money and no suitcase

Lol @ everyone who thought the fuhrer was going to get fired in a few years.

Why would the owners fire him when he's doing such a good job keeping the attention on him and not the corrupt owners who are the real problem.

I mean...

Why?

They've realized us fans are stupid idiots and don't care how morally corrupt the owners are. So who needs PR. and I'm being serious about this! I've never seen a corrupt organization openly flaunt its corruption to the masses and nobody care. It's totally messed up.

We already know the players are spineless pushovers when it comes to money. I know there's talk of strike. Even if it happens. The fuhrer will be able to keep his rights to corrupt. The players just want their money. And the corrupt 32 and the fuhrer know this.

Speaking of Fraudger, we've got the clown shirts and we're ready.

Now someone needs to come up with a tee shirt that hits the owners also. Maybe a picture of of 32 mules pulling Fraudger and a few wagons of gold.

They've realized us fans are stupid idiots and don't care how morally corrupt the owners are. So who needs PR. and I'm being serious about this! I've never seen a corrupt organization openly flaunt its corruption to the masses and nobody care. It's totally messed up.

That shows the greatness of football. I doubt that even Fraudger and the 32 can screw it up, but they sure are trying.

That shows the greatness of football. I doubt that even Fraudger and the 32 can screw it up, but they sure are trying.

Football is an addiction. The corrupt 32 are the drug cartels. The fuhrer is the the drug dealer.

Since us fans are all bunch of heroin addicts, the 32 know they can do anything they want. We're just stupid addicts who keep coming back for more.

The most important thing to remember is, the 32 are going to bleed this pot dry of every penny at the expense of football and the welfare of the ordinary person. We are the reason this is possible. We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

Under Goodell the philosophy has been to drive a hard bargain and then force the NFLPA to sue to get what they agreed to.

I wouldn't run a business that way. As much as it felt like Tagliabue gave away the store, the parties treated each other with mutual respect. No such respect now -- as long as Roger stays.

And the worst part is that a strike in 2021 could have a huge negative impact on the middle of Brady's career.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back