PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford traded to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meyers didn’t seemed affected by the QB. Face it Harry has been a complete dud. The fact edelman ended up with more yards than him speaks volumes about his ineptitude.

How do you know? Maybe Meyers is a legitimate #1 WR with a QB who can throw the ball. How do we judge any offensive player this year with the offense and QB they had?

It’s still production. It means that player’s productive. Harry played 14 games and started 9 and ended up with 33 receptions and 309 yards for a whopping 9.4 yards per play.

With Cam Newton. Maybe if it was with Brady, it would have been 700-800 yards. Certainly not worthy of his draft position, but it might make him a decent #2 or #3. I don't have high hopes for the guy, but I also don't know if you can judge any receiver based on this season.

Harry won’t make the team. Traded or cut after four preseason game.

It is possible or he could be given one last shot to prove himself. With Belichick, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut.

I think a second tier qb who can protect the football and manage the game, like trubisky, and who has the benefit of a strong running game and a strong defense can succeed in foxboro next season.

Haven't gone through the entire thread, but I think this comment is spot on.
I believe BB will try to win with a game management QB, low risk running game-based offense, and will stack up on D
(until another Brady drops into his lap).

Hope Mickey-D is OK with that. Hopefully he's over his little RPO priapism with the failed Cam experiment.

That's always been his MO. Think early Brady years and why he was willing to cut bait with Bernie and Drew.
BB alluded to that when he mentioned he no longer has to build the team around Brady.
Think of the team you can build when you have a serviceable QB on their rookie contract.

I'm guessing there is too much gunslinger and not enough game manager in Stidham,...or he just plain sucks.

anyone else think the rams should have tried this exact offer except add another first rounder to just get Watson instead of Stafford? I don’t know if Houston would have accepted but it’s obvious the rams don’t care about first round picks

Yet wasn't the 2018 super bowl squad full of them? Donald, Gurley, Goff. And Cooks, Suh, Peters, Talib..... Easley.

Although the Rams-drafted players we're pre-McVay. I guess we'll see how he fares with his draft strategy of trading first rounders.

I really don't get the incredible hype around Stafford that drove the price way up. Am I missing something?
Other teams seemed to be offering similar packages, but the Lams had to offer more because they needed to rid themselves of Goff's contract in order to absorb Stafford's, kinda like the Houston/Osweiller/Cleveland situation...

It is possible or he could be given one last shot to prove himself. With Belichick, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut.
Won’t get more than a 6th for him anyways. May as well bring him to camp.

Matthew Stafford is the human equivalent of Gamestop.

Me neither.

I doubt Harry is cut as he has a $4.7M Dead money hit which is well more than his $2.7M salary. Like others I do not have high hopes but maybe he can carve out a role as a solid #3.

Harry won’t make the team. Traded or cut after four preseason game.
He'll make the team next season, for 3 reasons:
1) He's cheap;
2) He knows the system, a little;
3) and I no longer believe that Bill's capable of finding 4 WRs better than him.

Then after another year of sucking, he'll be sh!t-canned.

Last edited:

Remember, though, following the 2022 season, Goff's contract gets much easier to move, with $0 dead cap hit if he's cut.

This is a huge win for the Lions any way you look at it. They can draft their QB for the future and Goff can be their bridge QB for two years. It's not like he's terrible, he's just not worth that contract.
And Goff is only 28 in 2 years. Assuming that he plays decent, he would be worth something if the Lions traded him.

Whats with the NFCW?

Seattle coughed up 2 - 1st round picks for Jamal Adams.

LA went Mike Ditka spending 2 - 1st round picks, their starting QB and a 3rd rounder for 33 year old Stafford

Great deal for Detroit. Rams going full rams. A lot of pressure on Stafford this year.
Stafford is on way down and punch drunk (seeing ghosts) after years of abuse in Detroit. Ridiculously stupid trade by Rams....

Tribusky can't run our offense. I am not sure he can even read a defense.
We are better off with Brissett if the Colts let him go or Fitz.

I didn't want to start a new thread but talks are heating up between the Niners and Vikings for a Qb swap. Niners send Jimmy and a 2 and a 4 and Vikings send Cousins. Vikings want a 1 but may settle for the 2 and 4. Big dead money hit for Vikings on top similar to Rams dead cap for Goff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back