PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford traded to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a primer FA QB want to come to New England with borderline XFL quality skill position players? He saw what Cam was forced to work with and said literally anywhere but there. Bill has a lot of work to do.

BB just doesn’t know how to draft WRs. Noone’s begging to get Guards and Centres and Tackles in FA. We can draft and train them. We don’t wtf we’re doing with WRs. And Harry is just the latest and biggest bust.

Let's see what Harry can do in a season where he wasn't injured or had no QB. He doesn't look like he will ever live up to his draft position, but he might turn into a decent player.

And people fall over themselves to get o-linemen in free agency. If you are a very good o-lineman in free agency, you get paid.

For one year and then he traded him for a number one. Brady had an instant chemistry with Cooks but when it came to pay him, Bill as usual said nah.
Yeah, if you believe Breer that is probably what happened. Pats traded him to get something back in anticipation of Cooks demanding big $ which the Pats weren't willing to give him.

Cooks was that close to making the Pats pay the biggest price for that. Amazing play by J-Mac, still can't believe he got there.

Which is kind of crazy when your realized that in his 7 years career, he had 5 1000+ yards season.

A 1,000 yard season doesn't mean all that much anymore. Eighteen receivers got over 1,000 yards this season. That is more than half the #1 WRs in the league.

We didn’t even offer a first, at least that makes me feel better that it wasn’t just having Matty p that stopped this lol

Let's see what Harry can do in a season where he wasn't injured or had no QB. He doesn't look like he will ever live up to his draft position, but he might turn into a decent player.

And people fall over themselves to get o-linemen in free agency. If you are a very good o-lineman in free agency, you get paid.

Meyers didn’t seemed affected by the QB. Face it Harry has been a complete dud. The fact edelman ended up with more yards than him speaks volumes about his ineptitude.

A 1,000 yard season doesn't mean all that much anymore. Eighteen receivers got over 1,000 yards this season. That is more than half the #1 WRs in the league.

It’s still production. It means that player’s productive. Harry played 14 games and started 9 and ended up with 33 receptions and 309 yards for a whopping 9.4 yards per play.

BB just doesn’t know how to draft WRs. Noone’s begging to get Guards and Centres and Tackles in FA. We can draft and train them. We don’t wtf we’re doing with WRs. And Harry is just the latest and biggest bust.
I agree that we haven't had any luck drafting WRs, however, we've also used hardly any picks on WR.

Dobson, Harry, Chad Jackson, Branch? Yes, not a good track record there. Am I missing any other "high" draft picks @ WR by BB? I think realistically, its more that Pats don't take WRs high in draft so our later round picks are all lower % draft picks. That is the frustrating thing to me, personally. Its been a neglected position in terms of draft capital used AS WELL AS hit rate.

On the flip side, Pats have drafted at TE very well (not going to count last year's TEs as they are work in progress). Gronk, Hernandez (regardless of how many people he killed - he was a VERY productive player when he was here), Graham, Watson.

A 2nd and gilmore isn't really a bad offer for Stafford.

Just because the rams paid out the nose more than any other team doesn't mean it's a bad offer. Considering we didn't hear the niners offer it was probably even less or about similar.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't take carolinas of #9 pick. To me that's more valuable than 2 late firsts

A second round pick? That is embarrassing. Why would Bill think a 2nd would get it done when teams were offering multiple ones? This is what irks me. If Bill LIKES Stafford enough to really want him as our QB for the next 5 years than offer what it takes and give up the first this year and next year. I don't care what he thinks Stafford is really worth, offer what it takes to get him.

Whoa. No. The Rams are getting roasted for that trade and for good reason. Bill put up an offer to begin negotiating and thankfully bailed when the price got ridiculously high.

Just because the rams paid out the nose more than any other team doesn't mean it's a bad offer. Considering we didn't hear the niners offer it was probably even less or about similar.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't take carolinas of #9 pick. To me that's more valuable than 2 late firsts

makes me question the validity of that report. Passing on a couple top 10 picks (panthers, Broncos) for 2 firsts that will more likely than not be in the 20s and they won’t be able to make those picks till 22 and 23.

Carolina reportedly offered their #8 + "more"
"More" likely included Bridgewater

Owning both #7 + #8 would have given Detroit plenty of ammo to move up for a top 3 QB in the draft IMO, maybe even top 2 depending on the JESTs.
Zach Wilson with his rookie contract plus an in-house bridge QB is very appealing to this keyboard GM

Who cares if this guy didn't want to play for New England - give me a few reasons why an overrated did nothing Matt Stafford was so important to come here?.....i'll wait

Do we know it was Gilmore? I can't find any info who that "player" was.

makes me question the validity of that report. Passing on a couple top 10 picks (panthers, Broncos) for 2 firsts that will more likely than not be in the 20s and they won’t be able to make those picks till 22 and 23.
I think as much as the Rams paid to get rid of Bortles’ contract, the Lions saw Bortles as a better bridge quarterback than anything the Broncos or Panthers could offer.

Harry won’t make the team. Traded or cut after four preseason game.

Carolina reportedly offered their #8 + "more"
"More" likely included Bridgewater

Owning both #7 + #8 would have given Detroit plenty of ammo to move up for a top 3 QB in the draft IMO, maybe even top 2 depending on the JESTs.
Zach Wilson with his rookie contract plus an in-house bridge QB is very appealing to this keyboard GM

Yeah makes no sense. #8 is more valuable than 2 late round 1sts

jourdan rodrigue claims there were 7 other teams negotiating with the Lions on this deal......and all 7 offered 1st round picks......she quotes Mcvay as saying "but ours blew all of theirs out of the water"

congrats

you overpaid to get out of a contract for a player you prematurely lost faith in.....nice panic move

The rams gave up too much for an average quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST