PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford traded to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
if teams didn't put offers in even on players they didn't exactly covet, you'd never see anyone overpay......it's part of the process, and it makes sense
Thank god BB only offered a 2nd. Furthers my confidence they aren't going to offer stupid picks or stupid money for losers and make matters worse.

I can see giving up two firsts and whatever for Watson.

Not Stafford.

Why is it desperation? Two firsts the Labs gave up reeks of desperation. Not a 2nd.
Because why offer anything for someone you know won't buy into your system. It doesn't seem very Patriot Way. It's all probably bs anyway.

if teams didn't put offers in even on players they didn't exactly covet, you'd never see anyone overpay......it's part of the process, and it makes sense
Yea that makes more sense.

Cousins has his issues but at least the guy has been really productive and never gets hurt.

Can't say either really about Jimmy.

Niners superbowl window is closing as alot of guys are going to need to be paid and lynch/shanahan are on the hotseat. if Jimmy gets injured this season or they fall short they are gone.

Because why offer anything for someone you know won't buy into your system. It doesn't seem very Patriot Way. It's all probably bs anyway.
Yea.

Stafford would still be an upgrade. I bet Fat Matt told him something like, "Yea he'd do what you'd ask him to and produce here but if you are looking for the next locker room leader, he ain't it."

Might have been a situation where BB decided to take a flier and see if he changes his stripes. Who knows.

He'd still be drafting a QB regardless.

Niners superbowl window is closing as alot of guys are going to need to be paid and lynch/shanahan are on the hotseat. if Jimmy gets injured this season or they fall short they are gone.
Excellent point.

never mind, I can't get the link to work.

Dumb move by detroit if true. Not all first rounders are created equal. The #8 pick is worth alot more than 2 picks that are likely to be in the 20s. Unless they really love Goff for some reason

Dumb move by detroit if true. Not all first rounders are created equal. The #8 pick is worth alot more than 2 picks that are likely to be in the 20s. Unless they really love Goff for some reason

Well, they also got a 3rd rather than a fifth as well, which isn't inspiring value but still more. And it's possible they like Goff more than Bridgewater, which isn't a stretch. I think I'm with you though, that unless they think Goff is THE guy for them, that 8th pick is a tough asset to pass on.

I agree. They must think Goff is maybe workable and Bridgewater isn't. Why else would you pass up the #8 pick?

Just like all of these players were lining up to sign with the Lions while he was there? Something tells me this is more about a combination of McVay's system being very WR friendly, and moving to California.

One is that the Rams, not the Lions, paid the $2.5 million roster bonus that Goff was owed. That bonus became official when Goff was on the roster on the second day of the league year, and that’s why the trade didn’t become official until Thursday, which was the second day of the league year. The Rams paid Goff the roster bonus just before making the trade official.

Another detail is that the third-round draft pick the Lions are getting is a compensatory pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back