PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Thread: NE @ CAR (Preseason #3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"so wide open that a drone strike wouldn't have hurt anyone else."

"God, if they do need Hoyer to take meaningful snaps (again, please be willing, God), the mob that wanted them to pay Jimmy Garoppolo $30 million to hold a Microsoft tablet will be insufferable. More than they already are."

WIDE RECEIVERS
Dorsett is safe.
Decker is not.
McCarron is not.

DEFENSIVE BACKS
Cyrus Jones is likely to be our PR for at least four games.
Jason McCourty was given a last chance to see if he can make the 53 as a safety.
CB's for now: Gilmore, Rowe, Dawson, with J Jones, Jackson, Crossen in the mix
[we could keep all of them]

OFFENSIVE LINE
I'm fine with our current starters plus Waddle
If we keep additional 3 backups, they should be Karras, Croston and Tobin

I'm posting this in slow motion for two reasons:

1. Cyrus makes some nice quick cutting moves during the return,

and

2. I thought slomo gave the T-stretch a more dramatic effect.

My only criticism would be with how he's holding the ball. But aside from that he does have a little Troy Brown in him return game wise.

and

My only criticism would be with how he's holding the ball. But aside from that he does have a little Troy Brown in him return game wise.

Good vision; read his blocks well.

Serious question. What was Wise doing? To me it looks funny as hell. Love the player so just ribbing him a bit.

Not so serious comment: Can we get BB to run a few fumble recovery drills? Belly flopping on the ball isn't getting it done.

Serious question. What was Wise doing? To me it looks funny as hell. Love the player so just ribbing him a bit.

Not so serious comment: Can we get BB to run a few fumble recovery drills? Belly flopping on the ball isn't getting it done.

Just a simple stunt w KVN. Tryna create some pressure w 3DL & 1LB.

Did look a bit Benny Hill-ish.

Have to wonder what the call was for this play. Was it purposefully aggressive so the DL could learn what happens if you collapse the pocket aggressively against a running QB that will simply outrun you? Sort of like a teaching tool for the regular season.

Reminds me of Grant at Vicksburg, who let his men charge the city on the first day to find out a seige was necessary.

Have to wonder what the call was for this play. Was it purposefully aggressive so the DL could learn what happens if you collapse the pocket aggressively against a running QB that will simply outrun you? Sort of like a teaching tool for the regular season.

Reminds me of Grant at Vicksburg, who let his men charge the city on the first day to find out a seige was necessary.
It was 3rd & 9.

Lol it wasn't a teaching tool.

and

You can also point out that little jump at the beginning he makes when catching the ball. That's a bad habit. It cost him 2 steps.

Very true. But the defender got an amazing jump off the line on that play against Brown. He looks a to have a full step on every other defender just a fraction of a second after the ball is snapped.

Very true. But the defender got an amazing jump off the line on that play against Brown. He looks a to have a full step on every other defender just a fraction of a second after the ball is snapped.
Agreed but he has to be expecting that on 3rd down. He jumped the snap which will happen several times each game. Poor set imo. Again he has get vertical early or cut that angle off w a slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents