PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Thread: NE @ Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said every play doesn't have 1-2-3 etc progressions. Every team runs quick, bang-bang plays that have a clear purpose.

Given how CPs route was setup deliberately with a rub I just don't think that was the case here.

My intuition is that Brady either saw something presnap that made him decide to go Hogan no matter what or that he simply trusted Hogan on a third down more than CP even though he was aware that that route concept combination would get CP open in the flat.

Without even rewatching I remember on far too many occasions, rushers running past bortles. Can’t do that

Question for those who have access to the all-22: were you able to identify what led to Rowe's being benched?

Failed to jam him. That's why I wasn't happy when the team let go of Ryan Lewis. Lewis was pretty good at stiff arming his guy at the line, and being physical. He didn't let his man get a clean release.

Terrible "attempt" by Waddle to seal his man...and that wasn't the first time that happened during the game...same with Hogan not getting to his block on time...he needs to be right on the LOS, not off-set...otherwise he's not getting there.

The play would've been better-served by Brady simply giving the ball to Dorsett instead of throwing it to him and thereby disrupting the momentum.

And yes, Myles Jack & Telvin Smith are one of the very top LB duos in the league...and they both could've been Patriots, if Bill knew what he was doing during the fourth round of the 2014 draft (in the case of Smith) and if Stokoe hadn't stolen our 2016 first-rounder because of Defamegate.

Last edited:
Given how CPs route was setup deliberately with a rub I just don't think that was the case here.

My intuition is that Brady either saw something presnap that made him decide to go Hogan no matter what or that he simply trusted Hogan on a third down more than CP even though he was aware that that route concept combination would get CP open in the flat.
I can't find ur op on this so I can't remember ur point tbh.

3&7, so NE does Jax is coming.

Hogan ran a route to the sticks for the 1st. Clear indication their simply looking for the 1st there.

The route concepts weren't all that different at all if you watch. Both are designed to get a specific man open. I didn't think Hogan's route was the most efficient but that's another point.

Also Brady doesn't know CP is getting open more than Hogan. That doesn't really make sense. Both are designed to do that but he doesn't know for sure.

Another point on the play Brady was clearly be looking at that bunch.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all that he's favoring Hogan in this situation.

And again not every play has a QB go through all their progressions. Honestly that doesn't make sense. Esp in a day & age where teams are looking to get the ball out so quickly.

Terrible "attempt" by Waddle to seal his man...and that wasn't the first time that happened during the game...same with Hogan not getting to his block on time...he needs to be right on the LOS, not off-set...otherwise he's not getting there.

The play would've been better-served by Brady simply giving the ball to Dorsett instead of throwing it to him and thereby disrupting the momentum.

And yes, Myles Jack & Telvin Smith are one of the very top LB duos in the league...and they both could've been Patriots, if Bill knew what he was doing during the fourth round of the 2014 draft (in the case of Smith) and if Stokoe hadn't stolen our 2016 first-rounder because of Defamegate.
Might have a point about a reverse on the Dorsett play. They ran a few plays similar to that I believe so maybe they were looking to give each it's own look who knows.

On the Hayden play Waddle definitely effected Hogan from getting there. I guess he could have been lined up closer but not sure if wouldn't have had the same problem if 91 makes that play.

Tbh Jax didn't looked fooled at all on defense. Maybe 5-6 we really caught them. Especially on the run plays although I liked some of the stuff we did there & thought we we're close to breaking a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes