PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice / Playoff Roster Discussion Only!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorsett:

Indy
2015 ... #4WR/#6 tgt, 18/39 (46%), 225 yds (14.8 ypc), 1 TD (rookie)
2016 ... #2WR/#3 tgt, 33/59 (56%), 528 yds (16.0 ypc), 2 TDs

Pats
2017 ... #4WR/#9 tgt, 12/18 (67%), 194 yds (16.2 ypc), 0 TD
Is that successful to you?

Even stranger, was Vince Valentine abducted by aliens? About 2 months ago, a report was about each going to meetings, each being closer to returning, and poof, nothing has happened.

Mitchell has at least been practicing but for whatever reason, they have not moved Valentine to season ending IR.

Mitchell starting practicing is the very thing that moved Valentine to season-ending IR.

Teams can designate two IR'd players to return. You use up a "return" slot when an IR'd player begins practicing, regardless of what subsequently happens to them.

NE had Shea McClellin start practicing. That was slot #1 used up even though he stayed on IR.

The NE had Malcolm Mitchell start practicing. That was slot #2 used up.

So VV is done for the year regardless of what does or does not happen with Mitchell.

Mitchell being demoted to an equipment staffer? Could be the reason why he wasnt on the practice field today.

Whats his nickname? Cheetos Dink?

Is that successful to you?

1. Luck's O Line was a mess as is Indy.
2. Brady isn't the best at breaking in new WRs here, as his been documented for a decade.

I don't think anyone is claiming Dorsett is great, just that maybe he should be used and targteed more (or not missed, wide open so when McDaniels tells Brady he missed him again, Brady does not explode in anger).

Mitchell starting practicing is the very thing that moved Valentine to season-ending IR.

Teams can designate two IR'd players to return. You use up a "return" slot when an IR'd player begins practicing, regardless of what subsequently happens to them.

NE had Shea McClellin start practicing. That was slot #1 used up even though he stayed on IR.

The NE had Malcolm Mitchell start practicing. That was slot #2 used up.

So VV is done for the year regardless of what does or does not happen with Mitchell.

Correct. I know this.

I was talking about earlier when there was no update on Valentine whatsoever, after a mid season one that seemed to point to a return, which ends up being what I needed to know, and that meant he was not going to make it back.

Bottom line is, the McClellin injury, the Valentine one, who was coming back, who wasn't, the mysteriousness of McCellin's presumed concussion, it's been a very odd year.

I wouldn't be shocked if McClellin's career is over similar to how Mike Wright had to shut it down.

Oh well. Here's hoping Hogan resembles his healthy self.

Nothing from Reiss or Howe yet. I don't recognize that as a legit source.

If true, that would be disappointing. Both IR-return slots would be put to zero use. McClellin's setback was just unlucky.

So let me get this straight.

The Pats lost their #1 WR when Edelman got hurt. Their #3 WR when Mitchell got hurt. Their #2 WR for half the season when Hogan got hurt. Their best defensive player and #1 LB when Hightower got hurt. Their #3 LB when McClellan went to IR. Their #2LB (and current #1) has been out a third of the season. Their #3 DT for the season in Valentine. Not to mention their best OLman in Cannon, and have had to play with their #2 AND #3RT for long stretches this year. And lest I forget their top 2 draft picks have been unable to play a single snap this season. Besides all that they lost their #1RB, their #2 DE, their #3DE and their #2CB in FA.

Yet the perception around the nation is that the Pats have had good luck with injuries and their injuries don't affect THEM like other teams. And the mediots can know what I've written and pronounce the Pats "fully healthy" for the Titans game. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight.

The Pats lost their #1 WR when Edelman got hurt. Their #3 WR when Mitchell got hurt. Their #2 WR for half the season when Hogan got hurt. Their best defensive player and #1 LB when Hightower got hurt. Their #3 LB when McClellan went to IR. Their #2LB (and current #1) has been out a third of the season. Their #3 DT for the season in Valentine. Not to mention their best OLman in Cannon, and have had to play with their #2 AND #3RT for long stretches this year. And lest I forget their top 2 draft picks have been unable to play a single snap this season. Besides all that they lost their #1RB, their #2 DE, their #3DE and their #2CB in FA.

Yet the perception around the nation is that the Pats have had good luck with injuries and their injuries don't affect THEM like other teams. And the mediots can know what I've written and pronounce the Pats "fully healthy" for the Titans game. :rolleyes:

I thought it was strange that the article this thread is about is calling it "fully healthy", but this year I haven't really seen any fans complain about Patriots injury luck. If anything, I see people lumping Edelman in with the numerous megastars who got hurt this year, which I consider quite respectful.

Sadly, no words on Britt. I wonder if his stuff is back in the locker room or those boxes are still on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News