PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice / Playoff Roster Discussion Only!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the IR-DTR didn't work out well for us Twice this season oh well.:rolleyes: So it's Dorsett and Britt going forward, I hope Mitchell ain't made of glass I can't stand those kind of players

Oh, I understand it plenty. Just don't see how Grissom in all of his time here, has done anything of impact.

The vast majority of plays made that have impact go completely unnoticed by fans.

Well we are just speculating but Britt, with zero experience in the system, played after a handful of practices. I think that MM with 2 weeks of practices, 2 training camps, and a successful season with Brady could give more than Britt. For the same reasons, he could also offer more than Dorsett. Anything is possible, but I do not think BB designated him just to take some practice snaps. And with a couple of games under his belt, who knows what he might offer for the SB...

maybe, but MM did not practice today, and it's just starting your season in January is not something you see very much....if at all

Back in the preseason @AtomicDawg posted a clip during one of the joint team training weeks of MM juking the crap out of a CB for an easy catch. It was Edelman like impressive. If he can do that he will be an asset. Great hands on top of that.
Sounds like he ain't gonna be doin that...

Yep and another week for Kenny Britt to get even more comfortable with Brady and our Offense.

Yep and another week for Kenny Britt to get even more comfortable with Brady and our Offense.

Hopefully Dorsett as well. He makes a catch here and there but just not as consistent.

Just like how Michael Floyd just needed a little bit more time to get comfortable in the offense right?

Don't expect much from Britt.

I am not expecting too much but would love for them to use his Big Body and Catch Radius from time to time in the RZ.:cool:

I am not expecting too much but would love for them to use his Big Body and Catch Radius from time to time in the RZ.:cool:

This forum is full of Size Queens, god.

Bigger isn't always better, I prefer Dorsett in motion.

Britt has actually been a successful NFL receiver before and Dorsett never has.

I'm not sure either can be counted on though.

This could be the most Dangerous and Talented Patriots postseason Offense ever.:cool:

If Edelman was here, definitely. 2007 was amazing but going down through the list in order of who I thought were the best players it's pretty close if you include Edelman. If you don't I think you still gotta give the nod to 2007.

Hopefully Dorsett as well. He makes a catch here and there but just not as consistent.

On his podcast, Matt Chatham praised Dorsett's performance. Said that just because the ball isn't coming his way frequently doesn't mean that he's not helping the offense and doing what the coaches are asking. Off the top of my head, the example Chatham used was running clear out routes to help create space in the coverage for other players.

Chatham also indicated that Dorsett was getting decent separation at times - but the NE offense is a target rich environment at times, so it's hard to fault him for not getting lots of targets (behind the likes of Cooks, Gronk, Amendola, the RB's, etc.)

THIS week.

He still has until next Wednesday. Until then I wouldn't close the door on him.

Even if he were anywhere close to 100%, keeping him inactive for now & not making a roster move could be smart in that if a WR gets hurt on Saturday night, MM might be there to step in.

Britt has actually been a successful NFL receiver before and Dorsett never has.

I'm not sure either can be counted on though.

Dorsett:

Indy
2015 ... #4WR/#6 tgt, 18/39 (46%), 225 yds (14.8 ypc), 1 TD (rookie)
2016 ... #2WR/#3 tgt, 33/59 (56%), 528 yds (16.0 ypc), 2 TDs

Pats
2017 ... #4WR/#9 tgt, 12/18 (67%), 194 yds (16.2 ypc), 0 TD

Hopefully Hogan is ready for the AFCCG. Otherwise....the Steelers will have a clear advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back