PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Have Called on Jeudy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nobody remotely near Chase in this year's draft lmao. There hasn't been since. Closest thing there will be for a while will be next year when Marvin Harrison Jr comes out. Plus, it's not like generational prospects at a super high value position last to 14 lol. Like oh, yeah let's invent a time machine and trade ahead of Minnesota to draft Moss then bring him back to present day with us.
You are correct there is no one like Chase. LMAO LMAO... And they have the 14th pick. #14 is not a guaranteed difference make but it puts another horse in the race LMAO

If I'm poaching the Pats' young players, I start with Onwenu. Good chance he's a pro bowl caliber player for another ten years. The other players mentioned haven't shown much durability.

Jerry Jeudy has averaged 6.6 targets 3.8 catches for 56 yards per game.
That’s 106 targets 64 catches for 952 yards over the course of the season.
The difference between that and what Juju, Thornton, Parker or Bourne would produce in his place.
Last year those 4 players per 106 targets averaged 73 receptions and 947 yards

So what do you want to give up for Jeudy?

There is nobody remotely near Chase in this year's draft lmao. There hasn't been since. Closest thing there will be for a while will be next year when Marvin Harrison Jr comes out. Plus, it's not like generational prospects at a super high value position last to 14 lol. Like oh, yeah let's invent a time machine and trade ahead of Minnesota to draft Moss then bring him back to present day with us.
That is true. No WR is worth the 5th pick but by pick 14 you start to get into the range where WR is definitely a consideration. My order of preference at 14 would be:

1. Carter if by some miracle this scandal and disastrous Pro Day him slide to 14.
2. One of top 3 LTs (I think that they may have to trade up to 12, to jump ahead of the Jets).
3. Witherspoon (no chance that Gonzalez makes it to 14 after that combine performance.
4. JSN.

Give me JSN any day over Jeudy. I agree with those who say offer 47, take it or leave it. The Broncos would have (reportedly) traded him for a 2nd at the deadline last year and got no bites. Why would he be worth 2nd and a player now?

There's no way i'd give up #14 for Jeudy, he's not that good. Maybe a late 2nd or 3rd. If we are giving up a solid D player it's with a day 3 pick at best.
Plus the rookie contract is nearly up and you need to pay him or he's a rental. He's worth a 3rd or lower

That is true. No WR is worth the 5th pick but by pick 14 you start to get into the range where WR is definitely a consideration. My order of preference at 14 would be:

1. Carter if by some miracle this scandal and disastrous Pro Day him slide to 14.
2. One of top 3 LTs (I think that they may have to trade up to 12, to jump ahead of the Jets).
3. Witherspoon (no chance that Gonzalez makes it to 14 after that combine performance.
4. JSN.

Give me JSN any day over Jeudy. I agree with those who say offer 47, take it or leave it. The Broncos would have (reportedly) traded him for a 2nd at the deadline last year and got no bites. Why would he be worth 2nd and a player now?
This offense needs speed and weapons. If we draft a tackle with #14 I'll lose it. We'll continue to have a slow ass team with no one is afraid of

OL is more important than WR
Really.... The recent signings don't is indicate that. Address oline in the later rounds. Aside from crap coaching maybe your QB got hammered because the defense wasn't afraid of anyone on your offense

Hasn't his 5th-year option been picked-up?
So you get two yrs then a monster contract. Draft someone now and you get them for 5 yrs but it's contingent on picking the right guy. Can they get it right?

2nd and Parker?

The challenge I see is Jeudy is a good player but we need to see him on our offense before granting a 14 million $ 5th year contract .

So unless we are certain he is a playmaker and worth the fifth year option. We can take it slow. I doubt if the broncos want to exercise his fifth year option . They have no cap space on 2024 and need to restructure at least 30 million as we speak . Adding another 14 million is not going to happen.

So a 3rd and 4th should do it. Or a late 2nd. We should do a trade back from 46 to 60 , collect an extra 3rd round pick and send the late 2nd to broncos.

Jeudy is not in same league as Higgins or chase or brown. The broncos will blink as the days progress . Very few teams need a WR1 outside of us and Jeudy is somewhere between Wr1 and WR2 . So not many might want to spend 15 million on him.

TBH we are the only suitors. Stay pat !!!

Sure IF we draft a generational TE that could do it.. but for every Gronk there's a 100 Keene/Asiasi's...

We have tried the WR quantity over quality route for the 3 years since Brady & Gronk left... tbh I've seen enough now. We need an elite weapon at WR, especially to evaluate Mac Jones fairly.

We absolutely need to know Mac Jones full capability this season, we can't sit here after yet another year and say "maybe if we get him a real WR1 he will take the leap".... etc. Life's short. Sign DHOP/Jeudy and be done with it.

Draft position is way overrated anyway (why does BB always trade down? - exactly) ... Edelman in the 7th was better than Nkeal in 1st.. people get so attached to "value" it's all a lot of hot air...
But the 14th pick would be our highest draft pick since Jerod Mayo in 2010 and Mac Jones in 2021….and that pick is HIGHLY likely our starting LT for the next decade….

But the 14th pick would be our highest draft pick since Jerod Mayo in 2010 and Mac Jones in 2021….and that pick is HIGHLY likely our starting LT for the next decade….
Just like Bruce Armstrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe