PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Have Called on Jeudy

Status
Not open for further replies.
?????

What? You'd give them Barmore or Dugger?
I'm with you. Barmore, Dugger, the 2nd year Jones', Mondre and Mac are my list of untouchables. I know, I know Mac isn't super popular currently but I still think he can be a very good QB. I have a theory on protection changes that could dramatically assist that I think they will implement this year. If I'm correct on that hunch, I think it will render him worth a king's ransom. But I won't derail the thread.

I don’t get the love for this guy, one more career touchdown than Meyers and zero 1k seasons. Way too high of a price tag.

Go for Hopkins.
Nah, he is a very good receiver. Those stats are deceiving because it suggests Meyers is an equal player. He’s not.

Jeudy, JuJu, Bourne, Parker, Thornton (whoever of those would stay) can be a very good receiving group. One of the best we’ve had in a while. It’s what Mac needs.

I don’t get the love for this guy, one more career touchdown than Meyers and zero 1k seasons. Way too high of a price tag.

Go for Hopkins.
Hopkins has a say where he goes because of his cap figure which will need to be adjusted to accommodate a trade. From something I read earlier today. Hopkins wants to be a Cowboy.

Go all in for Higgins, then get OT and CB in 2nd round. Have three 4th rounders and I think three 6th rounders to trade with

Use #14 on a quick wr... Do what Cincy did with Chase
There is nobody remotely near Chase in this year's draft lmao. There hasn't been since. Closest thing there will be for a while will be next year when Marvin Harrison Jr comes out. Plus, it's not like generational prospects at a super high value position last to 14 lol. Like oh, yeah let's invent a time machine and trade ahead of Minnesota to draft Moss then bring him back to present day with us.

I'm with you. Barmore, Dugger, the 2nd year Jones', Mondre and Mac are my list of untouchables. I know, I know Mac isn't super popular currently but I still think he can be a very good QB. I have a theory on protection changes that could dramatically assist that I think they will implement this year. If I'm correct on that hunch, I think it will render him worth a king's ransom. But I won't derail the thread.
I have zero untouchables. But I echo the sentiment that some pieces are in place to help NE get better. Barmore, Marcus, Duggar and Ram are among the few players I feel have a chance to make a special play at key moments. I don’t necessarily think any of them are headed for superstardom, but I like them.

But to revisit the thesis statement : I’m not particularly against moving any player on this team. For Jeudy ? That is an entirely different convo. I don’t know if I’d want to part with those players - with a high pick - for Jeudy.

Go for Hopkins.
He’s young with upside and gets separation on his routes. Something that our team lacks right now.

Denver has no cap space in 2024 . There is no certainty that they will be a contender this season. A late 2nd and a player should do fine.

Yeah lets hope we can actually make something happen at receiver this year. Some people saying cos we got Juju we won't sign another big name. Thats BS, we needed a WR1 last year and we still need one now - more than ever in todays NFL. Juju is a direct Meyers replacement.

Also, Jonnu Smith was meant to be a big time passing game weapon and he never did anything - so that's another spot I consider in need of a fix. Gesicki, plus a decent blocking TE to go with Henry should do it.

Uche and a late round coin could be the move too if they don’t want to pay him.
I could also see a a third and Bourne.
Bourne is absolutely a chip.

I do think he is salvageable but his youth and $ make him an interesting piece in a trade.

The tight ends this year are very good receiving core. Sam Laporta ran a 4.59 in 40 and 6.91 cone. Really polished route runner . Sometimes you find diamonds from unexpected places. Pitts and Kelce are more a receiver than tight end . We can land such players which means we don't need a WR1 . We can do well with TE1 and TE2 and this draft has such players. Washington, Laporta, Kincaid, mayer, kuntz, schoonmaker are few of my binkies.

There's no way i'd give up #14 for Jeudy, he's not that good. Maybe a late 2nd or 3rd. If we are giving up a solid D player it's with a day 3 pick at best.

An additional second could be easily acquired via trade down. Denver is simply opening their bidding high. Cleveland won't have a first to offer for two more years. Dallas does concern me someewhat as they are want to do dumb things. But a second rounder given the near certainty they can replace it is an easy decision to make.
That would mean CeeDee Lamb’s contract and Jeudy’s new contract would both come due in 2 years. But like you said Dallas dies some strange things

There's no way i'd give up #14 for Jeudy, he's not that good. Maybe a late 2nd or 3rd. If we are giving up a solid D player it's with a day 3 pick at best.
People are losing their minds.

Giving up Dugger, Barmore, Uche, Marcus Jones is the stupidest thing i've every heard.

Do people want the 1985 Bengals?

The tight ends this year are very good receiving core. Sam Laporta ran a 4.59 in 40 and 6.91 cone. Really polished route runner . Sometimes you find diamonds from unexpected places. Pitts and Kelce are more a receiver than tight end . We can land such players which means we don't need a WR1 . We can do well with TE1 and TE2 and this draft has such players. Washington, Laporta, Kincaid, mayer, kuntz, schoonmaker are few of my binkies.
Sure IF we draft a generational TE that could do it.. but for every Gronk there's a 100 Keene/Asiasi's...

We have tried the WR quantity over quality route for the 3 years since Brady & Gronk left... tbh I've seen enough now. We need an elite weapon at WR, especially to evaluate Mac Jones fairly.

We absolutely need to know Mac Jones full capability this season, we can't sit here after yet another year and say "maybe if we get him a real WR1 he will take the leap".... etc. Life's short. Sign DHOP/Jeudy and be done with it.

Draft position is way overrated anyway (why does BB always trade down? - exactly) ... Edelman in the 7th was better than Nkeal in 1st.. people get so attached to "value" it's all a lot of hot air...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST