PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shady McCoy allegedly beat his gf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I assume he's guilty.

Don't get me wrong, if I were a juror on the case, I'd presume innocence. But I am just posting on a message board, and to me the likelihood of "NFL player beats up girlfriend" is much higher than "Woman pays someone to beat the **** out of her to get $ from NFL player who has easily-proved alibi".
You're probably right, but look what happened with Ruben Foster. Who knows what really happened?

Can we wait before we turn this political? Let’s get the facts first. This certainly wouldn’t be the first time a pro athlete beat his wife/girlfriend/kids and it certainly wouldn’t be the first time that a woman has tried to ruin the reputation of an innocent pro athlete.

This sure seems to me to like it will be pretty easy to figure out once an actual investigation is launched. You have a woman claiming this happened within the past 24 hours and then you have McCoy saying he hasn't "had direct contact" with either of them in "months."

I can't imagine it will take terribly long for investigators - either police, media or even internet sleuths - to figure out where each party was over the past day or so.

I suppose it could have been people acting on McCoy's behalf though.... but that seems like a stretch....

Yes, that's the allegation I've seen, that he sent a group to her house to recover his stuff, and they beat her. Sad all around. Again, praying for justice for all involved . . .

That was a given even before today’s news.
That has been the case since Wade Phillips benched Doug Flutie for Rob Johnson just before a playoff game. "Music City Miracle" never happens had he played.

You're probably right. Again, I never took a side because I don't know much about the situation.
Same here. Just reading some TMZ information it sounds like this is a contentious and very bitter relationship/failed relationship.

A jilted ex lover doing something crazy isn't out of the picture. The social media post by the friend was strange in and of itself. It's a situation where I'm definitely reserving judgement.

But it looks like assault, not a fabrication of it. We shall see. The investigation shouldn't be too difficult as XLIX noted...at least in determining how truthful Shady is about not being in contact with them for months.

You're probably right, but look what happened with Ruben Foster. Who knows what really happened?

Yeah that's true. Sometimes it's a false accusation. But for every Foster in the NFL, there are 20 Ray Rices, so I'm just playing the odds.

FWIW, the girl that posted this Instagram said in the comments section that this didn’t happen in London and that they had gotten back yesterday.

Same here. Just reading some TMZ information it sounds like this is a contentious and very bitter relationship/failed relationship.

A jilted ex lover doing something crazy isn't out of the realm of possibility. The social media post by the friend was strange in and of itself. It's a situation where I'm definitely reserving judgement.

But it looks like assault, not a fabrication of it. We shall see.
I haven't read anything yet. Do you know if it was reported to the police before the Instagram post? The big red flag for me is when someone goes on social media first rather than the police.

A jilted ex lover doing something crazy isn't out of the picture. The social media post by the friend was strange in and of itself. It's a situation where I'm definitely reserving judgement.

But it looks like assault, not a fabrication of it. We shall see. The investigation shouldn't be too difficult as XLIX noted...at least in determining how truthful Shady is about not being in contact with them for months.
Yeah I have to see what the results of any investigation is. If he did it - or friends acting on his behalf did it - then he should spend so much time in prison that a suspension is the least of his concerns. For now, I will wait and see.

Can we wait before we turn this political? Let’s get the facts first. This certainly wouldn’t be the first time a pro athlete beat his wife/girlfriend/kids and it certainly wouldn’t be the first time that a woman has tried to ruin the reputation of an innocent pro athlete.

How dare you try to interject with reason and an informed opinion!!:mad:

That's the problem with today's instant news world, even after the lie is exposed, it never gets the coverage that the lie got.

Please lets all remember the Duke Lacrosse Team!

This woman basically has tried to paint McCoy as a combination of Michael Vick, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Julian Edelman! That seems to be too broad of a brush for my mind.

Yes, that's the allegation I've seen, that he sent a group to her house to recover his stuff, and they beat her. Sad all around. Again, praying for justice for all involved . . .

Kinda like Rae Carruth...

If stories are starting to get jumbled, you do have to wonder what’s true and what isn’t.

This whole situation is very confusing at this point. A lot of questions need answered

She’s now turned off post comments. I suppose it will only be a matter of time until the post gets deleted outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back