PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shady McCoy allegedly beat his gf

Status
Not open for further replies.
In looking at multiple documents there were several items that McCoy had demanded several times. They were demanded again during the attempted robbery, aggravated assault etc.

We know for a fact that aggravated assault occured.

Mc Coy had previously tried to remove items from the residence but were stopped by police when she noticed the attempt remotely on surveillance cameras. This was totally illegal. After that he had those cameras removed and installed a new system she did not have access to. ...Presumably the entry during the robbery/assault she would have not been able to secure the residence if someone in control enabled it, or of course if she had left it unlocked.

Sounds like a better case for definition, and all the reason for a pay out to stop this and attempt to revive Shady's career.
It seems obvious to me.
Both hired lawyers. McCoys lawyer called the girlfriends lawyer and explained it would not be a slam dunk to tie McCoy to it, and even if they did McCoy fits to jail, gets suspended, loses his paycheck.
Then he asked HOW MUCH and they negotiated a payment and maybe even signing the house over to her.

The issue with defamation of a "celebrity" is almost never proof, which is not at all difficult, and proof would not be the issue here.
Are you kidding me? If McCoy sued for defamation - ignoring the fact that that would be a public relations disaster and I highly doubt the woman has terribly much money in the first place - then the burden of proof rests with him. He would have to prove he was innocent, which is extremely difficult to do, even when someone actually is innocent.

The burden of proof would be a huge issue.

Wonder how long it'll take before the usual "women are hysterical liars who want money, and they make men do crazy things" crowd shows up.

Probably won't happen here because it's a player for a rival team.

Are you claiming women don't lie about this and worse regularly? Because they do. And when they are caught, there is almost never any consequence. And if there is, it is a slap on the wrist.

This was my thought too. Ruban Foster’s “girlfriend” first said he attacked her then it turns into “ I just got in a fight with a co worker”.

Are you claiming women don't lie about this and worse regularly? Because they do. And when they are caught, there is almost never any consequence. And if there is, it is a slap on the wrist.

This is clearly the real problem with society.

This was my thought too. Ruban Foster’s “girlfriend” first said he attacked her then it turns into “ I just got in a fight with a co worker”.

I mean, in that case there was video of her fighting with some other person that wasn't foster.

I mean, in that case there was video of her fighting with some other person that wasn't foster.
I was not aware of that. Then why did she blame it on Foster in the first place?

I was not aware of that. Then why did she blame it on Foster in the first place?
tenor.gif

I am not sure why you are trying to minimize his statement because what he said is a real problem. Not only does it hurt the innocent men accused of crimes they didn't commit, but it also hurts the women who truly are victims of some sort of abuse. When you have such high profile examples of women who lied, it makes it tougher to gain support when a woman is telling the truth.

It's one of many. But victims only matter when they are women, right? That seems to be what Western society believes.

Men being falsely accused of domestic violence, rape and sexual harassment, having their lives ruined at a mere accusation is "funny". This place is incredible. It truly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes