PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: my brother is in the ICU (update 9/17, Setting Sail for Parts Unknown)

We've been lavishing attention on my brother, and he seems to be reviving a little. Taking more interest in things, and actually being able to talk a bit and have conversations. today has been surprisingly hopeful
Prayers Praying For You GIF by MOODMAN

We've been lavishing attention on my brother, and he seems to be reviving a little. Taking more interest in things, and actually being able to talk a bit and have conversations. today has been surprisingly hopeful
Thanks for the update! Am still sending my most positive vibes your way!

That’s cautiously fantastic news!
When I saw him, he could barely squeeze my hand and before he recognized me he was starting off into nowhere with vacant eyes. Today he was sitting up ( bit) in bed and watching TV. I think the visits we made to say goodbye may have lifted his spirits a lot more than we thought. At any rate Mom and Dad did another long visit today. He was complaining about being thirsty (which in my mind is also a good sign, a lot of people who get serious about dying start ignoring bodily needs) but they can't just give him a cup of water because he had that breathing tube down his throat and he needs to relearn how to swallow. So he got ice chips to wet his mouth.

Great news, every step in the right direction is important. No doubt he feels what you are putting out and it has an impact. Best wishes for more progress ASAP.

When I saw him, he could barely squeeze my hand and before he recognized me he was starting off into nowhere with vacant eyes. Today he was sitting up ( bit) in bed and watching TV. I think the visits we made to say goodbye may have lifted his spirits a lot more than we thought. At any rate Mom and Dad did another long visit today. He was complaining about being thirsty (which in my mind is also a good sign, a lot of people who get serious about dying start ignoring bodily needs) but they can't just give him a cup of water because he had that breathing tube down his throat and he needs to relearn how to swallow. So he got ice chips to wet his mouth.
It never ceases to amaze me how fragile the human body is, but at the same time it can be incredibly tough. Especially when the will is strong - and it sounds like you've given him quite a boost.

In a weird state right now. More conscious, more confident, also more confused and physically weaker. Being with him seems to bring him to the present but it wears him out. His medical situation is no better but at least he's not sitting lifeless in a room alone. He's being more active in mind and body but he's still got 4 major internal infections and a pneumonia. And blood clots. And kidney failure. And diabetes, we must not forget the diabetes.

My folks have a hotel room nearby and I suspect they're not coming home until it's over. Not that I can blame them.

In a weird state right now. More conscious, more confident, also more confused and physically weaker. Being with him seems to bring him to the present but it wears him out. His medical situation is no better but at least he's not sitting lifeless in a room alone. He's being more active in mind and body but he's still got 4 major internal infections and a pneumonia. And blood clots. And kidney failure. And diabetes, we must not forget the diabetes.

My folks have a hotel room nearby and I suspect they're not coming home until it's over. Not that I can blame them.

It's great that you and your family are there with him. I can't imagine going through something like that alone. You have a wonderful family.

Jut got a call from the hospital. My brother made it through the weekend. They want to begin a more aggressive treatment regimen again, see if there's some way they can save him. We've authorized them to try whatever they can. So my brother is officially off palliative care for now as they try to exploit the fact that he's still fighting. Prayers to God and St. Brady for a 4th quarter comeback!

Jut got a call from the hospital. My brother made it through the weekend. They want to begin a more aggressive treatment regimen again, see if there's some way they can save him. We've authorized them to try whatever they can. So my brother is officially off palliative care for now as they try to exploit the fact that he's still fighting. Prayers to God and St. Brady for a 4th quarter comeback!
May St. Brady and the Almighty Gronk be on his side!

Not much has changed. He's slowly fading but isn't gone yet. Doctors are still trying to find a way to turn things around but every time they try something one or more of his ailments prevents it from taking.

If there were solid news I'd post it. As it is, he's dying by inches and I wouldn't wish that on Woody Johnson.

Not much has changed. He's slowly fading but isn't gone yet. Doctors are still trying to find a way to turn things around but every time they try something one or more of his ailments prevents it from taking.

If there were solid news I'd post it. As it is, he's dying by inches and I wouldn't wish that on Woody Johnson.
We'll all keep hoping beyond hope. Hey, even da Jete won a football game once so anything is possible.

Very sorry for your loss. Godspeed to your brother.

Ahh hell, you know who it is, some of you have my facebook anyway.

Rest in peace, Harvard A Peterson

Harvard fought for his life like a hero. He should have died 2 weeks ago according to the doctors. He held on like a champion and I know the medical team did everything they could. No one is to blame, it was just his time.

Very sorry for your loss Simpelton. He fought hard.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back